swallowing enzymes

skeeter6585

We pretty much did the applesauce thing...broke the pill open and such. One day I decided to try just putting the pill on top of the applesauce...and bam, down it went. She's also swallowing big pills (cuturelle). I really like the straw thing, I will need to try that.

skeeter6585

We pretty much did the applesauce thing...broke the pill open and such. One day I decided to try just putting the pill on top of the applesauce...and bam, down it went. She's also swallowing big pills (cuturelle). I really like the straw thing, I will need to try that.

skeeter6585

skeeter6585

skeeter6585

folione

I don't recall the exact age when my boy started swallowing the capsules, but can tell you how it came about: We were out someplace and had enzymes but no applesauce and he saw something he wanted to eat so we told him he could have it if he could try swallowing the pill. He popped it in his mouth and took a drink of water from a straw and that was that. He's almost 6 now and still sometimes wants the enzymes in applesauce but has no trouble swallowing 3 capsules at once with just a sip of water. It makes no difference to me if he wants to eat crunchy applesauce. We've had good luck putting as much of the decision-making power into his hands as we can.

folione

I don't recall the exact age when my boy started swallowing the capsules, but can tell you how it came about: We were out someplace and had enzymes but no applesauce and he saw something he wanted to eat so we told him he could have it if he could try swallowing the pill. He popped it in his mouth and took a drink of water from a straw and that was that. He's almost 6 now and still sometimes wants the enzymes in applesauce but has no trouble swallowing 3 capsules at once with just a sip of water. It makes no difference to me if he wants to eat crunchy applesauce. We've had good luck putting as much of the decision-making power into his hands as we can.

folione

folione

folione

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Maggie started swallowing her enzymes around 2 1/2 whole. I put the capsule in applesauce on a spoon and she swallowed it, eventually fazed out the applesauce basically cause she was so sick of eating applesauce.. Now she prefers all her meds pill form; culturelle, fish oil all capsules...Sometimes the antibiotic oral one don't come in a small enough dose to be a pill which is a bummer since they taste so gross.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Maggie started swallowing her enzymes around 2 1/2 whole. I put the capsule in applesauce on a spoon and she swallowed it, eventually fazed out the applesauce basically cause she was so sick of eating applesauce.. Now she prefers all her meds pill form; culturelle, fish oil all capsules...Sometimes the antibiotic oral one don't come in a small enough dose to be a pill which is a bummer since they taste so gross.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator