swallowing enzymes

Lonespruce

My son was about 22 months when he started swallowing enzymes. I had seen someone else's child swallowing them at 18 months, and decided to try. I think I put it on a spoon of applesauce, and then gave him milk as well the first time. He happened to swallow it and I went crazy cheering him on! He's been swallowing them with milk, no problem, ever since. He only has trouble with pills that are not capsules.

Lonespruce

My son was about 22 months when he started swallowing enzymes. I had seen someone else's child swallowing them at 18 months, and decided to try. I think I put it on a spoon of applesauce, and then gave him milk as well the first time. He happened to swallow it and I went crazy cheering him on! He's been swallowing them with milk, no problem, ever since. He only has trouble with pills that are not capsules.

Lonespruce

Lonespruce

Lonespruce

babyluke

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>rubyroselee</b></i>

Geez, I couldn't swallow pills until I was in my teens!</end quote></div>

I was the same way!!! That is why I was thinking I should start now with Luke because I think it becomes a huge deal as you get a little older and you convince yourself that you can't swallow a pill. I think he would just do it now without thinking about it.
I am going to try it today, I think. I will let you know how it goes!
Thanks for all of the advice!
Angela

babyluke

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>rubyroselee</b></i>

I was the same way!!! That is why I was thinking I should start now with Luke because I think it becomes a huge deal as you get a little older and you convince yourself that you can't swallow a pill. I think he would just do it now without thinking about it.
Angela

babyluke

Angela

babyluke

Geez, I couldn't swallow pills until I was in my teens!</end quote>

Angela

babyluke

<br />
<br />Geez, I couldn't swallow pills until I was in my teens!</end quote>
<br />
<br />I was the same way!!! That is why I was thinking I should start now with Luke because I think it becomes a huge deal as you get a little older and you convince yourself that you can't swallow a pill. I think he would just do it now without thinking about it.
<br />I am going to try it today, I think. I will let you know how it goes!
<br />Thanks for all of the advice!
<br />Angela

reagansmom

We just started working on this with some success.

I put the enzymes on Reagans tray and she will pop them in her mouth one at time for a drink out of a straw. Anything that's not a sippy cup..lol.

Most the time she swallows them with no problem, but the capsules are sticky and sometimes if they don't go down with the first drink she'll start to chew them. Once it caught in her throat and she threw up.

I don't know when the best time to start is, but I didn't want her to develop a fear of it. I couldn't swallow pills til I was a teenager.

reagansmom

I put the enzymes on Reagans tray and she will pop them in her mouth one at time for a drink out of a straw. Anything that's not a sippy cup..lol.

Most the time she swallows them with no problem, but the capsules are sticky and sometimes if they don't go down with the first drink she'll start to chew them. Once it caught in her throat and she threw up.

I don't know when the best time to start is, but I didn't want her to develop a fear of it. I couldn't swallow pills til I was a teenager.

reagansmom

reagansmom

reagansmom

<br />
<br />I put the enzymes on Reagans tray and she will pop them in her mouth one at time for a drink out of a straw. Anything that's not a sippy cup..lol.
<br />
<br />Most the time she swallows them with no problem, but the capsules are sticky and sometimes if they don't go down with the first drink she'll start to chew them. Once it caught in her throat and she threw up.
<br />
<br />I don't know when the best time to start is, but I didn't want her to develop a fear of it. I couldn't swallow pills til I was a teenager.
<br />
<br />

flatfordl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Then I got a wider straw (like McDonald's has) and dropped on pill into the straw and keeping my finger on the top, dipped the straw into a tall drink so that the straw had about 2/3 fill of fluid and the pill floating at the top. Then I'd put it in her mouth and she'd suck the drink out (I'd move my finger so it just rushed out) and she'd swallow drink and pill at once. </end quote></div>

My daughter was around 2 when I tried the straw technique. We were at a movie and I forgot applesauce.

Soon after the movie episode we were out and I didn't have applesauce or a straw so I showed her who to swallow one at a time with a drink by doing it myself and she followed right along.

She is five years old now and swallows five enzymes at a time with a drink! And she can do one at a time without a drink even!! Don't ask me how...I couldn't even do that!

flatfordl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Then I got a wider straw (like McDonald's has) and dropped on pill into the straw and keeping my finger on the top, dipped the straw into a tall drink so that the straw had about 2/3 fill of fluid and the pill floating at the top. Then I'd put it in her mouth and she'd suck the drink out (I'd move my finger so it just rushed out) and she'd swallow drink and pill at once. </end quote></div>

My daughter was around 2 when I tried the straw technique. We were at a movie and I forgot applesauce.

Soon after the movie episode we were out and I didn't have applesauce or a straw so I showed her who to swallow one at a time with a drink by doing it myself and she followed right along.

She is five years old now and swallows five enzymes at a time with a drink! And she can do one at a time without a drink even!! Don't ask me how...I couldn't even do that!

flatfordl

flatfordl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Then I got a wider straw (like McDonald's has) and dropped on pill into the straw and keeping my finger on the top, dipped the straw into a tall drink so that the straw had about 2/3 fill of fluid and the pill floating at the top. Then I'd put it in her mouth and she'd suck the drink out (I'd move my finger so it just rushed out) and she'd swallow drink and pill at once. </end quote>

flatfordl

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Then I got a wider straw (like McDonald's has) and dropped on pill into the straw and keeping my finger on the top, dipped the straw into a tall drink so that the straw had about 2/3 fill of fluid and the pill floating at the top. Then I'd put it in her mouth and she'd suck the drink out (I'd move my finger so it just rushed out) and she'd swallow drink and pill at once. </end quote>
<br />
<br /> My daughter was around 2 when I tried the straw technique. We were at a movie and I forgot applesauce.
<br />
<br /> Soon after the movie episode we were out and I didn't have applesauce or a straw so I showed her who to swallow one at a time with a drink by doing it myself and she followed right along.
<br />
<br />She is five years old now and swallows five enzymes at a time with a drink! And she can do one at a time without a drink even!! Don't ask me how...I couldn't even do that!