sweat test

Alyssa

Tell him to be sure and ask about the number - negative does not mean no CF. It just means under 40. There are many many people here with confirmed genetic tests, but sweat test results in the 20's and 30's. My daughter tests out at 38, my son at 41 -- they were very late diagnosis because of that fact.

There have even been a few people say in the teens and lower -- you might have a harder time convincing a doctor on that one, but definitely a lot of people have sweat tests numbers between 20-40.

If he has any doubts at all he needs to insist on <b>full genetic testing </b>- anything less than testing for ALL 1,541 genes is a waste of time.

Alyssa

Tell him to be sure and ask about the number - negative does not mean no CF. It just means under 40. There are many many people here with confirmed genetic tests, but sweat test results in the 20's and 30's. My daughter tests out at 38, my son at 41 -- they were very late diagnosis because of that fact.

There have even been a few people say in the teens and lower -- you might have a harder time convincing a doctor on that one, but definitely a lot of people have sweat tests numbers between 20-40.

If he has any doubts at all he needs to insist on <b>full genetic testing </b>- anything less than testing for ALL 1,541 genes is a waste of time.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

amd

Hi. Yesterday my daughter (9 months) was given a sweat test. I was told that her level was 68 and that she would have to have more testing done. I was wondering if any one can tell me what to expect. From the research I was done 68 is considered CF, is that right? My dr. said we would have to do more test to confirm it but we can't do genetic testing because she was adopted. Any help or advice would be wonderful. Thank you so much!

amd

Hi. Yesterday my daughter (9 months) was given a sweat test. I was told that her level was 68 and that she would have to have more testing done. I was wondering if any one can tell me what to expect. From the research I was done 68 is considered CF, is that right? My dr. said we would have to do more test to confirm it but we can't do genetic testing because she was adopted. Any help or advice would be wonderful. Thank you so much!

amd

amd

amd

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Genetic testing would be a blood test to determine the mutation she has -- ambry or quest. Look under the family section, which discusses genetic testing. DS got Delta F508 from both of his parents -- DH and I both carry the same mutation.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Genetic testing would be a blood test to determine the mutation she has -- ambry or quest. Look under the family section, which discusses genetic testing. DS got Delta F508 from both of his parents -- DH and I both carry the same mutation.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Buckeye

amd - just to clarify, when they do genetic testing they take the blood from the child so her being adopted would not be an issue (they're not testing the parents). They will probably want to repeat the sweat test to confirm a diagnosis and then the genetic test would tell you what mutations she has.

Buckeye

amd - just to clarify, when they do genetic testing they take the blood from the child so her being adopted would not be an issue (they're not testing the parents). They will probably want to repeat the sweat test to confirm a diagnosis and then the genetic test would tell you what mutations she has.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye