sweaty baby

amber682

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>2. nocturnal aspiration of gastric juice (from GERD or reflux) *can be very damaging to lungs, so i'd advise not dismissing this.... many CFer's have 0 symptoms, but this is still going on*</end quote></div>

saveferris2009, could you tell me why GERD causes excessive sweating? Or maybe a link?

My 4 month old has horrible reflux and is on zantac, prilosec, and erythromycin for it, and it is still not totally under control. She was hospitalized for 5 weeks due to this and complications from it (aspiration pneumonia). They considered a nissen fundoplication but did not want to do it so young, they will re-evaluate around 6-8 months.

In any case, she is so sweaty, especially while eating, doing nebs, and sleeping, even when dressed in only a onesie t-shirt. They even had cardio come check her out just to be sure it wasn't a heart problem.

Sorry to ramble, I just didn't know there was a sweating/reflux connection.

Edit: Guess I should add she has had a bronch recently and doesn't have a fever. Me and my son are both pretty sweaty, but she definately takes the cake.

amber682

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>2. nocturnal aspiration of gastric juice (from GERD or reflux) *can be very damaging to lungs, so i'd advise not dismissing this.... many CFer's have 0 symptoms, but this is still going on*</end quote></div>

saveferris2009, could you tell me why GERD causes excessive sweating? Or maybe a link?

My 4 month old has horrible reflux and is on zantac, prilosec, and erythromycin for it, and it is still not totally under control. She was hospitalized for 5 weeks due to this and complications from it (aspiration pneumonia). They considered a nissen fundoplication but did not want to do it so young, they will re-evaluate around 6-8 months.

In any case, she is so sweaty, especially while eating, doing nebs, and sleeping, even when dressed in only a onesie t-shirt. They even had cardio come check her out just to be sure it wasn't a heart problem.

Edit: Guess I should add she has had a bronch recently and doesn't have a fever. Me and my son are both pretty sweaty, but she definately takes the cake.

amber682

amber682

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>2. nocturnal aspiration of gastric juice (from GERD or reflux) *can be very damaging to lungs, so i'd advise not dismissing this.... many CFer's have 0 symptoms, but this is still going on*</end quote>

amber682

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>2. nocturnal aspiration of gastric juice (from GERD or reflux) *can be very damaging to lungs, so i'd advise not dismissing this.... many CFer's have 0 symptoms, but this is still going on*</end quote>
<br />
<br />saveferris2009, could you tell me why GERD causes excessive sweating? Or maybe a link?
<br />
<br />My 4 month old has horrible reflux and is on zantac, prilosec, and erythromycin for it, and it is still not totally under control. She was hospitalized for 5 weeks due to this and complications from it (aspiration pneumonia). They considered a nissen fundoplication but did not want to do it so young, they will re-evaluate around 6-8 months.
<br />
<br />In any case, she is so sweaty, especially while eating, doing nebs, and sleeping, even when dressed in only a onesie t-shirt. They even had cardio come check her out just to be sure it wasn't a heart problem.
<br />
<br />Sorry to ramble, I just didn't know there was a sweating/reflux connection.
<br />
<br />Edit: Guess I should add she has had a bronch recently and doesn't have a fever. Me and my son are both pretty sweaty, but she definately takes the cake.
<br />

saveferris2009

Hey there.

So you can contact Dr. Weill up at Stanford - I couldn't figure out why I was having night sweats for over a year and he informed me he is finding that many patients are aspirating due to GERD and they don't even know it (sometimes they don't even have night sweats).

This can do quite a bit of damage to the lungs, causing inflammation, etc, which is why the night sweats can occur.

You can google "nocturnal aspiration of gastric juice cystic fibrosis" and see all types of results. I haven't combed through to see if they mention night sweats.

But Stanford is an incredible CF clinic so I give heavy weight to their opinion. Plus, as soon as I doubled my PPI dose to try and control my GERD, my night sweats went away in a snap. It was like magic. So Dr. Weill was dead on... and thank GOD! night sweats are such hell....

But ya bottomline, CFer's aspirate and often don't show a single sign.

saveferris2009

Hey there.

So you can contact Dr. Weill up at Stanford - I couldn't figure out why I was having night sweats for over a year and he informed me he is finding that many patients are aspirating due to GERD and they don't even know it (sometimes they don't even have night sweats).

This can do quite a bit of damage to the lungs, causing inflammation, etc, which is why the night sweats can occur.

You can google "nocturnal aspiration of gastric juice cystic fibrosis" and see all types of results. I haven't combed through to see if they mention night sweats.

But Stanford is an incredible CF clinic so I give heavy weight to their opinion. Plus, as soon as I doubled my PPI dose to try and control my GERD, my night sweats went away in a snap. It was like magic. So Dr. Weill was dead on... and thank GOD! night sweats are such hell....

saveferris2009

Hey there.

saveferris2009

Hey there.

saveferris2009

Hey there.
<br />
<br />So you can contact Dr. Weill up at Stanford - I couldn't figure out why I was having night sweats for over a year and he informed me he is finding that many patients are aspirating due to GERD and they don't even know it (sometimes they don't even have night sweats).
<br />
<br />This can do quite a bit of damage to the lungs, causing inflammation, etc, which is why the night sweats can occur.
<br />
<br />You can google "nocturnal aspiration of gastric juice cystic fibrosis" and see all types of results. I haven't combed through to see if they mention night sweats.
<br />
<br />But Stanford is an incredible CF clinic so I give heavy weight to their opinion. Plus, as soon as I doubled my PPI dose to try and control my GERD, my night sweats went away in a snap. It was like magic. So Dr. Weill was dead on... and thank GOD! night sweats are such hell....
<br />
<br />But ya bottomline, CFer's aspirate and often don't show a single sign.

newmom

Thanks for everyones input. This is all new to me, what is aspirating? He is on zantac for reflux, which I was told was unrelated to CF, but everything I've been reading suggests it is a CF thing. I have clinic next week and am wondering what I should be asking?

newmom

Thanks for everyones input. This is all new to me, what is aspirating? He is on zantac for reflux, which I was told was unrelated to CF, but everything I've been reading suggests it is a CF thing. I have clinic next week and am wondering what I should be asking?

newmom

newmom

newmom

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Graycie was aspirating during naps and at night. She would be awful in the mornings with the blowouts on one end and acid reflex on the other. Grayson also cultured a bowel flora in her lungs from aspirating during the night. They upped her prevaid and we still elevate her upper body during sleep times. Sometimes she had it so bad you could hear her at night gurgling in her throat before she threw up. She bearly ever woke up during these times. Thank god its better now even though she still does have food or liquid come up when bending over.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Graycie was aspirating during naps and at night. She would be awful in the mornings with the blowouts on one end and acid reflex on the other. Grayson also cultured a bowel flora in her lungs from aspirating during the night. They upped her prevaid and we still elevate her upper body during sleep times. Sometimes she had it so bad you could hear her at night gurgling in her throat before she threw up. She bearly ever woke up during these times. Thank god its better now even though she still does have food or liquid come up when bending over.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting