Synagis

websterhome

Hello! I'm having a frustrating time dealing with our insurance company (Regence PPO) on covering the RSV antibodies called Synagis. Does anyone out there have a recommendation or experience in this area? We are just beginning the second & final appeal. An attorney I spoke with recommended providing the insurance company with lots of peer review literature, abstracts - as many articles as possible stating the benefits of Synagis to RSV patients. We also had our CF doctor write a letter of medical necessity on the first go around appeal, but it wasn't enough. Has anyone received the vaccine? If so, what insurance company do you have? Thank you!

websterhome

Hello! I'm having a frustrating time dealing with our insurance company (Regence PPO) on covering the RSV antibodies called Synagis. Does anyone out there have a recommendation or experience in this area? We are just beginning the second & final appeal. An attorney I spoke with recommended providing the insurance company with lots of peer review literature, abstracts - as many articles as possible stating the benefits of Synagis to RSV patients. We also had our CF doctor write a letter of medical necessity on the first go around appeal, but it wasn't enough. Has anyone received the vaccine? If so, what insurance company do you have? Thank you!

websterhome

websterhome

websterhome

boman4802

Hi! We have just finished fighting this battle with our insurance also. They first denied the synagis...but when my daughters CF doctor wrote a letter of medical necessity they then approved it. They also approved home health to come out and give it once a month. We do have to pay 20% copay on the medicine alone...which amounts to about $350 a month. It might be helpful to get your CF clinic involoved (if they are not already) possibly the social worker could help...as they seem to have a lot of connections. Definitely keep trying...I hope you get somewhere with them! Also, our insurance is IBEW-a part of Coventry and First Health Direct. Hope this helps!
Andrea

boman4802

Hi! We have just finished fighting this battle with our insurance also. They first denied the synagis...but when my daughters CF doctor wrote a letter of medical necessity they then approved it. They also approved home health to come out and give it once a month. We do have to pay 20% copay on the medicine alone...which amounts to about $350 a month. It might be helpful to get your CF clinic involoved (if they are not already) possibly the social worker could help...as they seem to have a lot of connections. Definitely keep trying...I hope you get somewhere with them! Also, our insurance is IBEW-a part of Coventry and First Health Direct. Hope this helps!
Andrea

boman4802

Andrea

boman4802

Andrea

boman4802

<br />Andrea

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
5 years ago we fought with BCBS about it. CFers weren't covered. The doctor wrote a letter, we wrote letter and called. Finally our attorney wrote a letter and DS was approved within the hour.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
5 years ago we fought with BCBS about it. CFers weren't covered. The doctor wrote a letter, we wrote letter and called. Finally our attorney wrote a letter and DS was approved within the hour.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Mom2Max

We have BCBS as well & luckily they didn't challenge it. Our monthly co-pay is about $63/month. I agree with Andrea about getting your CF clinic involved! Good Luck!

Mom2Max

We have BCBS as well & luckily they didn't challenge it. Our monthly co-pay is about $63/month. I agree with Andrea about getting your CF clinic involved! Good Luck!

Mom2Max

Mom2Max

Mom2Max