Synagis

beccasmom

I have Blue Cross and really had a fight with them regarding the Synagis for my daughter. I went to a second level appeal and eventually had to go to an independant medical review, where they did agree to cover it. According to the CF foundation SYnagis should be given to all kids with CF until 5. In California where we live the Synagis is covered for kids with CF until 5 if they have state insurance (MediCal or California Children's insurance) but not by the private insurances. I went to the Department of health and human services website for California and printed thier policy for coverage of synagis and then sent it to Blue Cross saying that if I did not work it would be covered, they then covered it for my daughter. I am not sure what state you live in but usually DHHS has the same policy state to state.

beccasmom

I have Blue Cross and really had a fight with them regarding the Synagis for my daughter. I went to a second level appeal and eventually had to go to an independant medical review, where they did agree to cover it. According to the CF foundation SYnagis should be given to all kids with CF until 5. In California where we live the Synagis is covered for kids with CF until 5 if they have state insurance (MediCal or California Children's insurance) but not by the private insurances. I went to the Department of health and human services website for California and printed thier policy for coverage of synagis and then sent it to Blue Cross saying that if I did not work it would be covered, they then covered it for my daughter. I am not sure what state you live in but usually DHHS has the same policy state to state.

beccasmom

beccasmom

beccasmom

websterhome

Regence Blue Shield never did cover it for us - we went through the second appeal & lost... But, lucky for us - our coverage through work changed to First Choice & they decided to cover it as soon as our MD said she needed it! Thankfully, she's now received it & is doing well. Still stinks that she missed 2 months initially because Regence wouldn't cover...

websterhome

Regence Blue Shield never did cover it for us - we went through the second appeal & lost... But, lucky for us - our coverage through work changed to First Choice & they decided to cover it as soon as our MD said she needed it! Thankfully, she's now received it & is doing well. Still stinks that she missed 2 months initially because Regence wouldn't cover...

websterhome

websterhome

websterhome

njwoods

hello all,
I wonder if you can ask online about different insurance companies, or have you done that? I guess they may like to keep some policies a big secret from the public.

If you get no help or answers there, maybe it is time to try a more legal approach----

have you been denied or delayed....<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://abourezklaw.com/">insurance bad faith</a>

njwoods

hello all,
I wonder if you can ask online about different insurance companies, or have you done that? I guess they may like to keep some policies a big secret from the public.

If you get no help or answers there, maybe it is time to try a more legal approach----

have you been denied or delayed....<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://abourezklaw.com/">insurance bad faith</a>

njwoods

hello all,

njwoods

hello all,

njwoods

hello all,
<br />I wonder if you can ask online about different insurance companies, or have you done that? I guess they may like to keep some policies a big secret from the public.
<br />
<br />If you get no help or answers there, maybe it is time to try a more legal approach----
<br />
<br />have you been denied or delayed....<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://abourezklaw.com/">insurance bad faith</a>