Tamiflu, would you/have you taken it if you got the flu?

rcq925

Hayley age, 5, came home from school yesterday feeling bad and has ben running a fever ever since, even with Tylenol and Motrin every four hours alternating. I am giong to call the doctor and hope he is on call this weekend and ask for Tami Flu, just curious if anyone has used it recently. Did it help?

She is miserable. Circles under the eyes, sore throat, dry cough. It is probably H1N1, it has really been going around here in Indiana alot this week. She had the first shot for the vaccine last Friday, but needs another one in a month.

So any info you have on Tami flu would be great! Thanks in advance!

rcq925

Hayley age, 5, came home from school yesterday feeling bad and has ben running a fever ever since, even with Tylenol and Motrin every four hours alternating. I am giong to call the doctor and hope he is on call this weekend and ask for Tami Flu, just curious if anyone has used it recently. Did it help?

She is miserable. Circles under the eyes, sore throat, dry cough. It is probably H1N1, it has really been going around here in Indiana alot this week. She had the first shot for the vaccine last Friday, but needs another one in a month.

rcq925

rcq925

rcq925

<br />
<br />She is miserable. Circles under the eyes, sore throat, dry cough. It is probably H1N1, it has really been going around here in Indiana alot this week. She had the first shot for the vaccine last Friday, but needs another one in a month.
<br />
<br />So any info you have on Tami flu would be great! Thanks in advance!

JennifersHope

THe thing is don't wait... the worse thing you can do is wait out the flu, each hour that goes by without Tamiflu in your system gives the virus more and more time to replicate.

Tamiflu is amazing, I had Influenza A an B last year and I was put on Tamiflu within the first 18 hours of symptoms and I had already started improving within a few hours..

As a nurse, I always told patients DO NOT WAIT and now as a fellow CFer I am telling you call right away...

JennifersHope

THe thing is don't wait... the worse thing you can do is wait out the flu, each hour that goes by without Tamiflu in your system gives the virus more and more time to replicate.

Tamiflu is amazing, I had Influenza A an B last year and I was put on Tamiflu within the first 18 hours of symptoms and I had already started improving within a few hours..

As a nurse, I always told patients DO NOT WAIT and now as a fellow CFer I am telling you call right away...

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />Tamiflu is amazing, I had Influenza A an B last year and I was put on Tamiflu within the first 18 hours of symptoms and I had already started improving within a few hours..
<br />
<br />As a nurse, I always told patients DO NOT WAIT and now as a fellow CFer I am telling you call right away...

JazzysMom

Tamiflu has worked on both seasonal & swine flu, but starting it in time is the real key!
<br />
<br />Hope things are ok!

Buckeye

I posted on your thread in the Family section also. I totally agree, the timing of the Tamiflu is very important. Makes a huge difference.H1N1 is very hard on the lungs of a healthy person, let alone someone with CF, so you want to lesson it's effects if you can.

Buckeye

I posted on your thread in the Family section also. I totally agree, the timing of the Tamiflu is very important. Makes a huge difference.H1N1 is very hard on the lungs of a healthy person, let alone someone with CF, so you want to lesson it's effects if you can.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

I posted on your thread in the Family section also. I totally agree, the timing of the Tamiflu is very important. Makes a huge difference.<p>H1N1 is very hard on the lungs of a healthy person, let alone someone with CF, so you want to lesson it's effects if you can.