Terminating pregnancy?

laxgirl

Thank you all so much for the replies! I have spoken to several doctors, we even have a family friend who runs a CF center in Maryland and he was very helpful, but the information here is something I can't get from a doctor. I so appreciate everyone's words and thoughts. We already love our little baby so much and have worked so hard to have him or her, I just hope that our story can be like everyone's here. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Debbie

laxgirl

Thank you all so much for the replies! I have spoken to several doctors, we even have a family friend who runs a CF center in Maryland and he was very helpful, but the information here is something I can't get from a doctor. I so appreciate everyone's words and thoughts. We already love our little baby so much and have worked so hard to have him or her, I just hope that our story can be like everyone's here. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Debbie

laxgirl

Debbie

laxgirl

Debbie

laxgirl

<br />Debbie

S

sdelorenzo

Welcome! You can go to my website at fightingcf.com to see a slide show of my children. I think you will see that they live a wonderful life despite the fact that they have cf.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

Welcome! You can go to my website at fightingcf.com to see a slide show of my children. I think you will see that they live a wonderful life despite the fact that they have cf.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br /> Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Debbie,

I learned my daughter had CF when I was pregnant with her as well. She was my second child. I remember the turmoil I felt, when we found out. I cried non-stop. I did lots of soul-searching at this time. I 'll never forget my husband looking at me and saying;" our son has brought so much joy into our life, this child will too, things just may a little different for her". He was so right. It's certainly a personal choice for your husband and you to make. But as others have posted; while no one would choose their child to have CF; we are granted a deeper understanding of life because of CF. My daughter is now 5 and she is certainly enjoying her life. She is outgoing and a creative and imaginative little girl. She dances, swims, goes to nursery school, fights with her brother; just learned to ski this past winter. Really she does her treatments and gets on with her life. It's not easy but life is not always easy. Feel free to ask any questions....I remember feeling so alone, like noone understood. My daughter also is deltaf508 and w1282x.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Debbie,

I learned my daughter had CF when I was pregnant with her as well. She was my second child. I remember the turmoil I felt, when we found out. I cried non-stop. I did lots of soul-searching at this time. I 'll never forget my husband looking at me and saying;" our son has brought so much joy into our life, this child will too, things just may a little different for her". He was so right. It's certainly a personal choice for your husband and you to make. But as others have posted; while no one would choose their child to have CF; we are granted a deeper understanding of life because of CF. My daughter is now 5 and she is certainly enjoying her life. She is outgoing and a creative and imaginative little girl. She dances, swims, goes to nursery school, fights with her brother; just learned to ski this past winter. Really she does her treatments and gets on with her life. It's not easy but life is not always easy. Feel free to ask any questions....I remember feeling so alone, like noone understood. My daughter also is deltaf508 and w1282x.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Debbie,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Debbie,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Debbie,

NoExcuses

your kid will probably have much better care than i did when i was born 26 years old.

even with that in mind, i'm certainly glad my mom didn't abort me.

if anything, i'm teaching MBA students at a top school that there's more to life than just making money and having a successful career. every person in my program knows about my CF and what this disease entails. granted CFers aren't just on this planet to each others about hardship (and my life is hardly full of hardship to be honest), but we do have a positive impact on this world.

my answer might be different if you were thinking of getting pregnant (whether or not to get preggers with a CF kid). But the kid already exists.... I would keep it.

NoExcuses

your kid will probably have much better care than i did when i was born 26 years old.

if anything, i'm teaching MBA students at a top school that there's more to life than just making money and having a successful career. every person in my program knows about my CF and what this disease entails. granted CFers aren't just on this planet to each others about hardship (and my life is hardly full of hardship to be honest), but we do have a positive impact on this world.

my answer might be different if you were thinking of getting pregnant (whether or not to get preggers with a CF kid). But the kid already exists.... I would keep it.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />even with that in mind, i'm certainly glad my mom didn't abort me.
<br />
<br />if anything, i'm teaching MBA students at a top school that there's more to life than just making money and having a successful career. every person in my program knows about my CF and what this disease entails. granted CFers aren't just on this planet to each others about hardship (and my life is hardly full of hardship to be honest), but we do have a positive impact on this world.
<br />
<br />my answer might be different if you were thinking of getting pregnant (whether or not to get preggers with a CF kid). But the kid already exists.... I would keep it.