The Synagis shot?

missnth

it's a great shot to get. we got it last year and my daughter didn't get sick the entire winter. and when we stopped in april she caught a few small colds so i think it really kept all winter viruses at bay. also, i think you need to have someone do it because they have to weigh the child and dosage is dependent on that so it's critical. one more thing, you may think your insurance didn't give a hard time but it's probably just because your doc's office did a good job at fighting them without you knowing it.

missnth

it's a great shot to get. we got it last year and my daughter didn't get sick the entire winter. and when we stopped in april she caught a few small colds so i think it really kept all winter viruses at bay. also, i think you need to have someone do it because they have to weigh the child and dosage is dependent on that so it's critical. one more thing, you may think your insurance didn't give a hard time but it's probably just because your doc's office did a good job at fighting them without you knowing it.

missnth

missnth

missnth

purplemartin

My son got the synagis vaccine his first two years. Home health would come out and administer the shot at home *no germy office visits* I'd recommend going forward with it!

purplemartin

My son got the synagis vaccine his first two years. Home health would come out and administer the shot at home *no germy office visits* I'd recommend going forward with it!

purplemartin

purplemartin

purplemartin

happyone

My dd got it last year. The insurnace covered everything except the injection fee which ended up being $25/month... unless we happened to have a wellness visit at the same time, then it was free. She certainly didn't like the shots, and it was a bit of a pain having to make monthly trips to the doc, then we had to wait around for 20 min or so afterwards so they could check for adverse reactions... but whatever works right? I asked her CF doc about getting them this year, he said it wasn't necessary/realistic because of her size... she's a year and a half, almost 23 lbs. I thought that was the norm until I started reading what everyone else wrote!

happyone

My dd got it last year. The insurnace covered everything except the injection fee which ended up being $25/month... unless we happened to have a wellness visit at the same time, then it was free. She certainly didn't like the shots, and it was a bit of a pain having to make monthly trips to the doc, then we had to wait around for 20 min or so afterwards so they could check for adverse reactions... but whatever works right? I asked her CF doc about getting them this year, he said it wasn't necessary/realistic because of her size... she's a year and a half, almost 23 lbs. I thought that was the norm until I started reading what everyone else wrote!

happyone

happyone

happyone

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had his the first year November - April -- age 5 months to 10 months. Mainly because RSV is toughest on teeny tiny infants, especially preemies. His doctor didn't think it was necessary for him to have it a second year.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had his the first year November - April -- age 5 months to 10 months. Mainly because RSV is toughest on teeny tiny infants, especially preemies. His doctor didn't think it was necessary for him to have it a second year.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member