the wisdom of the body

Emily65Roses

As I'm sure is a big shock... I think it's a load of crap. And if I had a friend spouting it to me, they likely wouldn't be my friend for long. Either they'd shut up when I told them to, or I'd smack 'em in the face and stop talking to them. I have very little patience for attitudes like that. Like it's my fault somehow that I have CF? Efffff off, you twit.

...heh.

Emily65Roses

As I'm sure is a big shock... I think it's a load of crap. And if I had a friend spouting it to me, they likely wouldn't be my friend for long. Either they'd shut up when I told them to, or I'd smack 'em in the face and stop talking to them. I have very little patience for attitudes like that. Like it's my fault somehow that I have CF? Efffff off, you twit.

...heh.

Emily65Roses

...heh.

Emily65Roses

...heh.

Emily65Roses

...heh.

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Wheezie</b></i>

It hurts beyond anything I can describe when someone you love essentially accuses you of choosing this disease.
</end quote></div>

That's just the thing. I feel insulted and the way I feel about her has sort of changed. I think I need to tell her it's a bit insulting that she would make such a claim, and also, I'd like to call up her chiropractor and flesh him out for what he knows about Cf - he probably thinks I caught it somewhere. Anyway, the more I think about this the more pissed off I am becoming. I know she meant no harm in her comments, but I think we're going to have to have a talk about this. Later. When I am not pissed.

wanderlost

It hurts beyond anything I can describe when someone you love essentially accuses you of choosing this disease.
</end quote></div>

That's just the thing. I feel insulted and the way I feel about her has sort of changed. I think I need to tell her it's a bit insulting that she would make such a claim, and also, I'd like to call up her chiropractor and flesh him out for what he knows about Cf - he probably thinks I caught it somewhere. Anyway, the more I think about this the more pissed off I am becoming. I know she meant no harm in her comments, but I think we're going to have to have a talk about this. Later. When I am not pissed.

wanderlost

</end quote></div>

wanderlost

</end quote>

wanderlost

</end quote>

CaliSally

I don't believe we have the power to heal genetics by natural remedies and/or positive thinking/prayer/hope. Though, I believe those things help us as we walk through adversity. (see my blog: "just thinking...") My reason is that I believe we are mortal, and God is the one in control, not us. Those who believe in natural healing (for genetic purposes) probably don't believe in God. I believe we were born sinners and therefore is why our bodies are subject to diseases. If we were truly evolutionary beings, we should be perfect and without disease by now...

I believe God gave us brains, and gave us doctors with wisdom - use the brains to take the doctors advice. (not saying that western medicine has all the answers, sometimes they do rely more on meds than natural ways...but that is the exception here...)

Ask your friend if she became a Type I diabetic (insulin <u>dependant</u>) would she not take her insulin?

Ask her: why if we have the power to heal ourselves, why she hasn't healed her own <u>compassion meter</u>,
and: why does she want to blame everyone for their medical problems (because that is essentially what she is doing.)

Brush her dust off of you and continue on...People like this believe they can control everything in their life....all of their life's outcome. People like this can't be reasoned with and it's not worth the stress to try to change their mind. It won't change until something happens to them that they can't seem to change. Then they will finally grasp that they aren't immortal.

CaliSally

I don't believe we have the power to heal genetics by natural remedies and/or positive thinking/prayer/hope. Though, I believe those things help us as we walk through adversity. (see my blog: "just thinking...") My reason is that I believe we are mortal, and God is the one in control, not us. Those who believe in natural healing (for genetic purposes) probably don't believe in God. I believe we were born sinners and therefore is why our bodies are subject to diseases. If we were truly evolutionary beings, we should be perfect and without disease by now...

I believe God gave us brains, and gave us doctors with wisdom - use the brains to take the doctors advice. (not saying that western medicine has all the answers, sometimes they do rely more on meds than natural ways...but that is the exception here...)

Ask your friend if she became a Type I diabetic (insulin <u>dependant</u>) would she not take her insulin?

Ask her: why if we have the power to heal ourselves, why she hasn't healed her own <u>compassion meter</u>,
and: why does she want to blame everyone for their medical problems (because that is essentially what she is doing.)

Brush her dust off of you and continue on...People like this believe they can control everything in their life....all of their life's outcome. People like this can't be reasoned with and it's not worth the stress to try to change their mind. It won't change until something happens to them that they can't seem to change. Then they will finally grasp that they aren't immortal.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally