Thinking about requesting 2-weeks in the hospital

saveferris2009

Ya it's a great reminder of what a difference being aggressive with treating infections can make.

Preventing that permanent lung damage is one of the reasons Warwick's patients live so much long

saveferris2009

Ya it's a great reminder of what a difference being aggressive with treating infections can make.

Preventing that permanent lung damage is one of the reasons Warwick's patients live so much long

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />Preventing that permanent lung damage is one of the reasons Warwick's patients live so much long

lexisangels05

I am thinking of doing the same for my daughter. She has not been in the hospital since she was about 6 months old. She has been very well until the last 6 months or so. She is soo congested all the time. She has Pseudomonas and ORSA and has had this for about 2 years. She is on Tobi every other month and zithromax 3 times per week. I am going to insist we be more agressive since her cultures are not improving and now she is congested all the time. Her PFTs are good, but I really want to try to get rid of these bugs before she starts to school and has a whole host of other exposures. Does this normally work for you guys. What oral and inhaled abx don't get rid of, the IV's normally do???
Melissa

lexisangels05

I am thinking of doing the same for my daughter. She has not been in the hospital since she was about 6 months old. She has been very well until the last 6 months or so. She is soo congested all the time. She has Pseudomonas and ORSA and has had this for about 2 years. She is on Tobi every other month and zithromax 3 times per week. I am going to insist we be more agressive since her cultures are not improving and now she is congested all the time. Her PFTs are good, but I really want to try to get rid of these bugs before she starts to school and has a whole host of other exposures. Does this normally work for you guys. What oral and inhaled abx don't get rid of, the IV's normally do???
Melissa

lexisangels05

Melissa

lexisangels05

Melissa

lexisangels05

<br />Melissa

saveferris2009

Sometimes the infection in the lungs can be buried underneath sputum or hidden behind broncheactasis. So the inhaled abx don't get to the site of the infection to treat it.

So IV antibiotics are an important tool in the toolbox.

saveferris2009

Sometimes the infection in the lungs can be buried underneath sputum or hidden behind broncheactasis. So the inhaled abx don't get to the site of the infection to treat it.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />So IV antibiotics are an important tool in the toolbox.