Thinking about requesting 2-weeks in the hospital

RonnieSharpe

I agree completely with saveferris2009...Do whatever you have to do to avoid lung damage. I've gone into the hospital 3 times a year for the last 10 years just to try and stay on top of it. Sometimes just the rest you can get in there is worth it!

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

I agree completely with saveferris2009...Do whatever you have to do to avoid lung damage. I've gone into the hospital 3 times a year for the last 10 years just to try and stay on top of it. Sometimes just the rest you can get in there is worth it!

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

Ronnie

RonnieSharpe

<br />
<br />Ronnie

Nightwriter

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i>

Honey, he put a woman with an FEV1 in the 90s on antibiotics. The point is treating even a small slip in FEV1 aggressively with antibiotics.....

Many docs would still be thrilled with such a high FEV1 but Warwick instead threw her in the slammer.</end quote></div>

Honey?

Nightwriter

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i>

Honey, he put a woman with an FEV1 in the 90s on antibiotics. The point is treating even a small slip in FEV1 aggressively with antibiotics.....

Many docs would still be thrilled with such a high FEV1 but Warwick instead threw her in the slammer.</end quote></div>

Honey?

Nightwriter

Honey?

Nightwriter

Many docs would still be thrilled with such a high FEV1 but Warwick instead threw her in the slammer.</end quote>

Honey?

Nightwriter

<br />
<br />Honey, he put a woman with an FEV1 in the 90s on antibiotics. The point is treating even a small slip in FEV1 aggressively with antibiotics.....
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Many docs would still be thrilled with such a high FEV1 but Warwick instead threw her in the slammer.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Honey?

jdog

Here's my criteria for hospital admission, fwiw. I normally have an FEV1 of 83-87. If dips to 78 or below, I give myself two weeks and do vest 3x daily, sleep more, eat better, and maybe go on cipro (and Tobi if I'm on an off month.) If my FEV1 is still low when I go to clinic at the end of the two weeks, then I request hospitalization.

jdog

Here's my criteria for hospital admission, fwiw. I normally have an FEV1 of 83-87. If dips to 78 or below, I give myself two weeks and do vest 3x daily, sleep more, eat better, and maybe go on cipro (and Tobi if I'm on an off month.) If my FEV1 is still low when I go to clinic at the end of the two weeks, then I request hospitalization.

jdog

jdog

jdog

jdog

Oh another thing I want to add.

I copmletely agree with Nightwriter and what she says about inflammation and airway clearance. Before you check in to get IV's, try and make sure that the culprit is infection rather than inflammation. Make sure you get tested for allergies, etc. It also might be worthwhile to try and see if a burst of prednisone helps you.

jdog

I copmletely agree with Nightwriter and what she says about inflammation and airway clearance. Before you check in to get IV's, try and make sure that the culprit is infection rather than inflammation. Make sure you get tested for allergies, etc. It also might be worthwhile to try and see if a burst of prednisone helps you.

jdog

jdog

jdog