This is Just SAD!! (not about my transfer though)

julie

This is Just SAD!!

I got up this AM to go into work and tell them the retrieval had been moved to today. All went well there.

Then Mark called me on the way home, "honey, did you notice what is missing?" and I said, "what, no?" and he said "SOMEONE STOLE THE LIGHTING UP/WAVING 4 FOOT TALL SANTA FROM OUR FRONT YARD!" Doesn't that just make you sick? I swear, some people have their heads screwed on all wrong! A freaking santa clause, and Marks mom and step-dad got him for us and decorated the house before we arrived when we moved up here. It's our first outside christmas decoration ever, and now it's gone. Plus santa had a bum foot (1/2 of it was missing, a little mishap in setting him up).

I'm not mad about it or anything (plus I am trying just to relax, listening to nice songs until we leave for the transfer. But I did call the cops (non-emergency number) and left a message about what happened. I never had qualms about leaving my sliding door unlocked-now I think I might buy a metal stick for it.

Just had to share, I'm just kind of scratching my head!

julie

This is Just SAD!!

I got up this AM to go into work and tell them the retrieval had been moved to today. All went well there.

Then Mark called me on the way home, "honey, did you notice what is missing?" and I said, "what, no?" and he said "SOMEONE STOLE THE LIGHTING UP/WAVING 4 FOOT TALL SANTA FROM OUR FRONT YARD!" Doesn't that just make you sick? I swear, some people have their heads screwed on all wrong! A freaking santa clause, and Marks mom and step-dad got him for us and decorated the house before we arrived when we moved up here. It's our first outside christmas decoration ever, and now it's gone. Plus santa had a bum foot (1/2 of it was missing, a little mishap in setting him up).

I'm not mad about it or anything (plus I am trying just to relax, listening to nice songs until we leave for the transfer. But I did call the cops (non-emergency number) and left a message about what happened. I never had qualms about leaving my sliding door unlocked-now I think I might buy a metal stick for it.

Just had to share, I'm just kind of scratching my head!

Landy

RE:This is Just SAD!!

That is sad.
We live in a town where anything you leave out in the front yard at night is fair game to kids that are allowed to stay out all night. They get bored so they start to steal/vandalize things for something to do. It makes you feel unsettled and half way violated when this happens but just try to remember that it's nothing personal against you.
Just remember what Earl says....Karma
Also, good luck today with the transfer.

Landy

That is sad.
We live in a town where anything you leave out in the front yard at night is fair game to kids that are allowed to stay out all night. They get bored so they start to steal/vandalize things for something to do. It makes you feel unsettled and half way violated when this happens but just try to remember that it's nothing personal against you.
Just remember what Earl says....Karma
Also, good luck today with the transfer.

ClashPunk82

RE: This is Just SAD!!

That's horrible. You scared me though I thought this was going to be bad news about your appointment.

ClashPunk82

RE: This is Just SAD!!

That's horrible. You scared me though I thought this was going to be bad news about your appointment.

anonymous

Last year, after we moved into our new home, we had a similiar situation. Someone stole 2 strands of our candy cane lights from our front yard. We had enough to light up our whole front walk, now we have one strand left and I can't find them anywhere else. I'm guessing it was some teenagers who stole them for kicks. Probably have light up candy canes in their bedroom!!

anonymous

Last year, after we moved into our new home, we had a similiar situation. Someone stole 2 strands of our candy cane lights from our front yard. We had enough to light up our whole front walk, now we have one strand left and I can't find them anywhere else. I'm guessing it was some teenagers who stole them for kicks. Probably have light up candy canes in their bedroom!!

wallflower

Julie, you still had your santa up? Isn't that like wearing white shoes after Labor day? I was never very good about holiday do's and don'ts.

Anyway, it is terrible that someone would take that - I'm guessing that person was pretty brave, as I'm assuming it takes a couple of minutes to take one of those things down. Hopefully something will come of your police report - if nothing else, if the theif tries to use it next winter, you will be able to identify it with the missing foot! Did your neighbors notice anything?

wallflower

Julie, you still had your santa up? Isn't that like wearing white shoes after Labor day? I was never very good about holiday do's and don'ts.

Anyway, it is terrible that someone would take that - I'm guessing that person was pretty brave, as I'm assuming it takes a couple of minutes to take one of those things down. Hopefully something will come of your police report - if nothing else, if the theif tries to use it next winter, you will be able to identify it with the missing foot! Did your neighbors notice anything?

JazzysMom

We have neighbors that have those blow up characters for all the holidays. They cant do them anymore because kids destroyed the Pumpkin & Snowman. They actually found out it was another neighbors son & pressed charges. He had to repay them the cost, but the fun is gone & that cant be replaced! I am sorry to hear Santa had a bum foot & that he was kidnapped! Maybe the Scrooge took him! Just trying to add a little humour!

JazzysMom

We have neighbors that have those blow up characters for all the holidays. They cant do them anymore because kids destroyed the Pumpkin & Snowman. They actually found out it was another neighbors son & pressed charges. He had to repay them the cost, but the fun is gone & that cant be replaced! I am sorry to hear Santa had a bum foot & that he was kidnapped! Maybe the Scrooge took him! Just trying to add a little humour!

JennifersHope

Julie..

NO POSTING THIS IS SAD THREADS when I am waiting for good news from you. YOU SCARED THE BE JEVERS out of me..(what ever the be jevers actually is) my heart sank.it took me 5 minutes to even read this post...I thought not about your transfer was..meaning..transfer papers......GLad to hear it was just someone who stole santa...and not personal bad news...

SOrry your santa got stolen, that is just wrong....even though the actual gift is gone the memory will always be there...

Hey when can you take the pregnancy test??? I should find out on Thursday if I am getting the position... in the ER..... AHHHHHHHH. At least that is what I was told today when I handed in my resume.........

WOuldn't it be wonderful if we both got great news?????? It is time for our rollercoaster ride to be over... and for us to move forward in our destinies......

Thinking of you today and praying that the transplant goes great and that your baby loves his/her new home in you......

Love,
Jennifer

JennifersHope

Julie..

NO POSTING THIS IS SAD THREADS when I am waiting for good news from you. YOU SCARED THE BE JEVERS out of me..(what ever the be jevers actually is) my heart sank.it took me 5 minutes to even read this post...I thought not about your transfer was..meaning..transfer papers......GLad to hear it was just someone who stole santa...and not personal bad news...

SOrry your santa got stolen, that is just wrong....even though the actual gift is gone the memory will always be there...

Hey when can you take the pregnancy test??? I should find out on Thursday if I am getting the position... in the ER..... AHHHHHHHH. At least that is what I was told today when I handed in my resume.........

WOuldn't it be wonderful if we both got great news?????? It is time for our rollercoaster ride to be over... and for us to move forward in our destinies......

Thinking of you today and praying that the transplant goes great and that your baby loves his/her new home in you......

Love,
Jennifer

anonymous

Let's see...
Since we moved into this house about six months ago...

1. Our lawn mower was stolen from our backyard.
2. My car stereo was stolen while my car was parked out front.
3. My car was stolen when it was parked out front.

A "Santa" decoration is infuriating, but really, just how bad is that? Not that bad.

Why do you have Christmas decorations out in February? Maybe someone was irritated they were still up.

anonymous

Let's see...

A "Santa" decoration is infuriating, but really, just how bad is that? Not that bad.

Why do you have Christmas decorations out in February? Maybe someone was irritated they were still up.

Emily65Roses

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Let's see...
Why do you have Christmas decorations out in February? Maybe someone was irritated they were still up.<hr></blockquote>

I don't think she was complaining, just stating how pathetic some people are for stealing something like a holiday decoration. And so what if others are irritated with holiday decorations still up in February? Does that give them a right to steal them? Noooo.

Emily65Roses

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>Let's see...
Why do you have Christmas decorations out in February? Maybe someone was irritated they were still up.<hr></blockquote>

I don't think she was complaining, just stating how pathetic some people are for stealing something like a holiday decoration. And so what if others are irritated with holiday decorations still up in February? Does that give them a right to steal them? Noooo.