Time management problem in morning

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Just looking for a little advice from those of you with children whose sibling do not have CF. getting ready for school in the morning is a race against time and my son without CF has been giving me attitude about how he is always late for school(which is not true). He is very Type A, does well in school and does NOT want to be tardy for school. Since Maggie started kindergarten it gets harder and harder to get him to school on time. I drop them off together. He has been marked tardy late two times last trimester(my fault) and if he gets 3 times in one trimester he gets detention. So he is stressed every morning that he will be late. I feel bad; but I am doing the best I can. I told him we are working together and I am doing the best I can. He was upset with me again this morning; sarcasticly saying"Thanks alot Mom, I'm late again" I told him that's enough and we are going to have to talk about this when he gets home(I was frustrated). i get where he is coming from. I tend to be Type A , too and i understand how he feels. Soooo, I called his teacher and left a message for him to call me...I'm not sure exactly what to say. I have not told his teacher about Maggie's CF but it affects the WHOLE family not just Maggie. I do not want to use the CF as an excuse but for him to go easy on Sam if he is 3 minutes late(which is what he usually would ever be) Sammy is on the top math and reading classes, always does his homework even the teacher said he is what you want in a student so It's just a time thing and due to Maggie's never ending treamtents. What would you say to the teacher?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Just looking for a little advice from those of you with children whose sibling do not have CF. getting ready for school in the morning is a race against time and my son without CF has been giving me attitude about how he is always late for school(which is not true). He is very Type A, does well in school and does NOT want to be tardy for school. Since Maggie started kindergarten it gets harder and harder to get him to school on time. I drop them off together. He has been marked tardy late two times last trimester(my fault) and if he gets 3 times in one trimester he gets detention. So he is stressed every morning that he will be late. I feel bad; but I am doing the best I can. I told him we are working together and I am doing the best I can. He was upset with me again this morning; sarcasticly saying"Thanks alot Mom, I'm late again" I told him that's enough and we are going to have to talk about this when he gets home(I was frustrated). i get where he is coming from. I tend to be Type A , too and i understand how he feels. Soooo, I called his teacher and left a message for him to call me...I'm not sure exactly what to say. I have not told his teacher about Maggie's CF but it affects the WHOLE family not just Maggie. I do not want to use the CF as an excuse but for him to go easy on Sam if he is 3 minutes late(which is what he usually would ever be) Sammy is on the top math and reading classes, always does his homework even the teacher said he is what you want in a student so It's just a time thing and due to Maggie's never ending treamtents. What would you say to the teacher?

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

flatfordl

I cannot speak for all teachers but I am a teacher and a CF mom.

I think you should be honest and tell her the truth. If she is a sympathetic person she will understand, however she will not be able to bend the rules for your son unforturnately.

My daughter is going to start kindergarten next year and I am already worried how we are going to do it. I will have to get her to school, my son to preschool and me to work all by 8 am.

Have you reworked your morning routine? Can you get up any earlier? How about an easy breakfast like waffels no syrup or butter? How about Pancake on a Stick- lots of fat for CFers just microwave for 60 seconds and done?

flatfordl

I think you should be honest and tell her the truth. If she is a sympathetic person she will understand, however she will not be able to bend the rules for your son unforturnately.

My daughter is going to start kindergarten next year and I am already worried how we are going to do it. I will have to get her to school, my son to preschool and me to work all by 8 am.

Have you reworked your morning routine? Can you get up any earlier? How about an easy breakfast like waffels no syrup or butter? How about Pancake on a Stick- lots of fat for CFers just microwave for 60 seconds and done?

flatfordl

flatfordl

flatfordl

<br />
<br />I think you should be honest and tell her the truth. If she is a sympathetic person she will understand, however she will not be able to bend the rules for your son unforturnately.
<br />
<br />My daughter is going to start kindergarten next year and I am already worried how we are going to do it. I will have to get her to school, my son to preschool and me to work all by 8 am.
<br />
<br />Have you reworked your morning routine? Can you get up any earlier? How about an easy breakfast like waffels no syrup or butter? How about Pancake on a Stick- lots of fat for CFers just microwave for 60 seconds and done?
<br />
<br />
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS starts Kindergarten next year and I'm already worried about being late and we only have one child. No matter how early we start, DS just seems to dawdle. The kid will keep his chewable vitamin in his mouth for 10 minutes and thus delay tooth brushing if I get him up that much earlier.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS starts Kindergarten next year and I'm already worried about being late and we only have one child. No matter how early we start, DS just seems to dawdle. The kid will keep his chewable vitamin in his mouth for 10 minutes and thus delay tooth brushing if I get him up that much earlier.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

CFHockeyMom

Do you have another option for him to get to school? Bus, neighbor, ride share, bike/walk, etc?

My older son can't stand to be late and we always struggled with getting out the door on time so I know where you're coming from. To prevent the chaos in the mornings we did as much as we could the night before; laid out clothes, packed lunches, prepped for breakfast, etc. On the mornings we were running behind I had my older son help out; pack bags, get jackets/shoes, load the car, start the car. And of course, I told his majesty that if our schedule didn't work for him he could always ride the bus.

It does get easier as they get older. My older son now gets a ride with his buddies and my CFer is finally gets out of bed in enough time to actually get ready.

CFHockeyMom

Do you have another option for him to get to school? Bus, neighbor, ride share, bike/walk, etc?

My older son can't stand to be late and we always struggled with getting out the door on time so I know where you're coming from. To prevent the chaos in the mornings we did as much as we could the night before; laid out clothes, packed lunches, prepped for breakfast, etc. On the mornings we were running behind I had my older son help out; pack bags, get jackets/shoes, load the car, start the car. And of course, I told his majesty that if our schedule didn't work for him he could always ride the bus.

It does get easier as they get older. My older son now gets a ride with his buddies and my CFer is finally gets out of bed in enough time to actually get ready.

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

<br />
<br />My older son can't stand to be late and we always struggled with getting out the door on time so I know where you're coming from. To prevent the chaos in the mornings we did as much as we could the night before; laid out clothes, packed lunches, prepped for breakfast, etc. On the mornings we were running behind I had my older son help out; pack bags, get jackets/shoes, load the car, start the car. And of course, I told his majesty that if our schedule didn't work for him he could always ride the bus.
<br />
<br />It does get easier as they get older. My older son now gets a ride with his buddies and my CFer is finally gets out of bed in enough time to actually get ready.
<br />