Time management problem in morning

concernedmomof1

I too am in the same boat. My daughter was just diagnosed one year ago; when she was six, and it has been a huge adjustment for the whole family. No matter how early we get up she has excuses to delay. Everyone ends up frustrated and thats not how i would like her day (or ours quite frankly) to begin. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

concernedmomof1

I too am in the same boat. My daughter was just diagnosed one year ago; when she was six, and it has been a huge adjustment for the whole family. No matter how early we get up she has excuses to delay. Everyone ends up frustrated and thats not how i would like her day (or ours quite frankly) to begin. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

concernedmomof1

concernedmomof1

concernedmomof1

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
I would talk to his teacher. Maybe you can work something out, you won't know unless you talk with her.

When Sarah was diagnosed (only a few days before starting 3rd grade) I was freaking out about how we were going to get everything done and get the girls to school on time.

I talked with the principal (they go to a private school) and she let teachers/office staff know that tardies were not to be counted against either of the girls.

Fortunately we were able to get into a routine rather quickly and the girls have not been tardy. But it was such a stress reliever every morning knowing that if treatment took longer that expected, it would be OK!

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
I would talk to his teacher. Maybe you can work something out, you won't know unless you talk with her.

When Sarah was diagnosed (only a few days before starting 3rd grade) I was freaking out about how we were going to get everything done and get the girls to school on time.

I talked with the principal (they go to a private school) and she let teachers/office staff know that tardies were not to be counted against either of the girls.

Fortunately we were able to get into a routine rather quickly and the girls have not been tardy. But it was such a stress reliever every morning knowing that if treatment took longer that expected, it would be OK!

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />When Sarah was diagnosed (only a few days before starting 3rd grade) I was freaking out about how we were going to get everything done and get the girls to school on time.
<br />
<br />I talked with the principal (they go to a private school) and she let teachers/office staff know that tardies were not to be counted against either of the girls.
<br />
<br />Fortunately we were able to get into a routine rather quickly and the girls have not been tardy. But it was such a stress reliever every morning knowing that if treatment took longer that expected, it would be OK!
<br />

K

kfw1963

I have somewhat of the opposite problem. I have the CF and have to do my treatments and still get the kids off to school while getting myself ready for the day. I can understand how hard this can be. I get up at 5:30, get myself ready and by 6:00 or so I am doing my first treatment while planning the kids lunches/snacks. I then get the kids up(not the easiest chore) and then ready and out the door. Most days they are ok and out of the house at 6:55 and then I finish up my treatments and on the road by 7:30. Is it possible to get some stuff ready the night before? Be sure their clothes are all laid out and ready. Pack any non perishable snacks ahead of time? It is hard and takes teamwork. Maybe you can give him a task or 2 in the morning to help. You don't say how old he is but he sounds old enough that he could help.

K

kfw1963

I have somewhat of the opposite problem. I have the CF and have to do my treatments and still get the kids off to school while getting myself ready for the day. I can understand how hard this can be. I get up at 5:30, get myself ready and by 6:00 or so I am doing my first treatment while planning the kids lunches/snacks. I then get the kids up(not the easiest chore) and then ready and out the door. Most days they are ok and out of the house at 6:55 and then I finish up my treatments and on the road by 7:30. Is it possible to get some stuff ready the night before? Be sure their clothes are all laid out and ready. Pack any non perishable snacks ahead of time? It is hard and takes teamwork. Maybe you can give him a task or 2 in the morning to help. You don't say how old he is but he sounds old enough that he could help.

K

kfw1963

K

kfw1963

K

kfw1963

M

Mommafirst

I don't think there is anything wrong with telling his teacher, especially if you feel it may give him a 3 minute leaway. I have told my oldest son's teacher because I was worried when we were in and out of the hospital about my son's mental state so I had her and the school psychologist on alert. It was fine, but we moms worry.

I doubt that talking to his teacher is going to change your craziness in am though. Are there ways you can streamline everyone's routine a little? Can you have her vest/nebs in her room ready to go as she's waking up? Or can you pack breakfasts (like lunches) for the car ride to school?

I'm a lunatic when it comes to being on time. From the first day of classes my kids know we leave the house at 8:30 -- which is WAY too early to get to the school 2 minutes away for the 8:45 bell. But still I follow that rule and even if we are "running late" we have never actually been late in the school time.

Another thing that might work is to rig the clocks in your house. Set them all forward 10 minutes, so that if you are on time, you are actually 10 minutes early. Maybe this will keep everyone moving and yet give you the leaway you need.

M

Mommafirst

I don't think there is anything wrong with telling his teacher, especially if you feel it may give him a 3 minute leaway. I have told my oldest son's teacher because I was worried when we were in and out of the hospital about my son's mental state so I had her and the school psychologist on alert. It was fine, but we moms worry.

I doubt that talking to his teacher is going to change your craziness in am though. Are there ways you can streamline everyone's routine a little? Can you have her vest/nebs in her room ready to go as she's waking up? Or can you pack breakfasts (like lunches) for the car ride to school?

I'm a lunatic when it comes to being on time. From the first day of classes my kids know we leave the house at 8:30 -- which is WAY too early to get to the school 2 minutes away for the 8:45 bell. But still I follow that rule and even if we are "running late" we have never actually been late in the school time.

Another thing that might work is to rig the clocks in your house. Set them all forward 10 minutes, so that if you are on time, you are actually 10 minutes early. Maybe this will keep everyone moving and yet give you the leaway you need.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I doubt that talking to his teacher is going to change your craziness in am though. Are there ways you can streamline everyone's routine a little? Can you have her vest/nebs in her room ready to go as she's waking up? Or can you pack breakfasts (like lunches) for the car ride to school?
<br />
<br />I'm a lunatic when it comes to being on time. From the first day of classes my kids know we leave the house at 8:30 -- which is WAY too early to get to the school 2 minutes away for the 8:45 bell. But still I follow that rule and even if we are "running late" we have never actually been late in the school time.
<br />
<br />Another thing that might work is to rig the clocks in your house. Set them all forward 10 minutes, so that if you are on time, you are actually 10 minutes early. Maybe this will keep everyone moving and yet give you the leaway you need.
<br />
<br />