Time management problem in morning

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Thanks for your responses. I definately could organize better the night before. Sometimes I work til 11 pm so it gets a little tricky with that. I like the idea of changing the clocks at least in the room we are getting ready and doing treatments, maybe turn it ahead 10-15 mintutes so we'll get there in time. I will still talk to the teacher to hopefully set Sammy's mind at ease because getting ready in the am has become so stressful and I don't like sending the kids off to school like that. Breakfast in the am is a joke; for Maggie it's usually hot chocolate and Sammy is cereal. They both have a snack at school in the am which is good; I'm sure lots of the kids don't have time to eat before school.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Thanks for your responses. I definately could organize better the night before. Sometimes I work til 11 pm so it gets a little tricky with that. I like the idea of changing the clocks at least in the room we are getting ready and doing treatments, maybe turn it ahead 10-15 mintutes so we'll get there in time. I will still talk to the teacher to hopefully set Sammy's mind at ease because getting ready in the am has become so stressful and I don't like sending the kids off to school like that. Breakfast in the am is a joke; for Maggie it's usually hot chocolate and Sammy is cereal. They both have a snack at school in the am which is good; I'm sure lots of the kids don't have time to eat before school.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

izemmom

I'm a teacher and cf mom, too, and I say "talk to his teacher!" We all have kids who are tardy, and we all know that some have reasons, others do not. I'm not saying that there should be a "Free Pass" but I certainly don't think it hurts to let the teacher know that you have to do Maggie's treatments before school and sometimes they just don't get done according to schedule.

The suggestion of having him get a ride with a neighbor or friend is a good one. Even if it's just 3 days a week, at least Sammy knows he'll be on time on those days.

CFdefinately affects the WHOLE family, but like you said, the family needs to use teamwork to get it done.

Good luck, and please know that you are certainly not the only one with a crazy morning!

izemmom

I'm a teacher and cf mom, too, and I say "talk to his teacher!" We all have kids who are tardy, and we all know that some have reasons, others do not. I'm not saying that there should be a "Free Pass" but I certainly don't think it hurts to let the teacher know that you have to do Maggie's treatments before school and sometimes they just don't get done according to schedule.

The suggestion of having him get a ride with a neighbor or friend is a good one. Even if it's just 3 days a week, at least Sammy knows he'll be on time on those days.

CFdefinately affects the WHOLE family, but like you said, the family needs to use teamwork to get it done.

Good luck, and please know that you are certainly not the only one with a crazy morning!

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />The suggestion of having him get a ride with a neighbor or friend is a good one. Even if it's just 3 days a week, at least Sammy knows he'll be on time on those days.
<br />
<br />CFdefinately affects the WHOLE family, but like you said, the family needs to use teamwork to get it done.
<br />
<br />Good luck, and please know that you are certainly not the only one with a crazy morning!

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I spoke with Sammy's teacher today. He was very surprised Sammy was so concerned he would get detention for being late. He kind of chuckled that Sammy even thought he would get detention. I explained about Maggie's CF and how we have an hour of treatments to get ready for school. He told me to tell Sammy to relax and not worry. So I feel better and I will still work on being more organized.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I spoke with Sammy's teacher today. He was very surprised Sammy was so concerned he would get detention for being late. He kind of chuckled that Sammy even thought he would get detention. I explained about Maggie's CF and how we have an hour of treatments to get ready for school. He told me to tell Sammy to relax and not worry. So I feel better and I will still work on being more organized.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

flatfordl

Great! I am so glad to see the teacher was understanding. That gives hope for the rest of us.

Changing the clocks is a great idea. My mom did this when I was little. I plan on doing it too.

flatfordl

Great! I am so glad to see the teacher was understanding. That gives hope for the rest of us.

Changing the clocks is a great idea. My mom did this when I was little. I plan on doing it too.

flatfordl

flatfordl

flatfordl

<br />
<br />Changing the clocks is a great idea. My mom did this when I was little. I plan on doing it too.
<br />
<br />