To "Make-A-Wish" or Not

cfmom3

To "Make-A-Wish

it may not be right for you right now. you have to be ok with the decision on many levles. we have three kids with cf and have received wishes for all of them-but we were all ready when we applied. hope this helps.

cfmom3

To "Make-A-Wish

it may not be right for you right now. you have to be ok with the decision on many levles. we have three kids with cf and have received wishes for all of them-but we were all ready when we applied. hope this helps.

Marksmom

To "Make-A-Wish

Hi everyone,
Yes the Cf kids in the US do get wishes. My son has been approved for a wish through the Make a Wish Foundation and we are just waiting for them to coordinate the trip. I do think the Doctor has a lot to do with it, and how they fill out the papaerwork. I contacted the Make a wish Foundation on a Monday, by Wednesday I had the application packet from them in my mail box, and within 10 days of calling them, my son's doctor had filled out her part and the wish was approved. We have been waing a while for the trip, but we were told that it might take a while because my son wants to meet a celebrity in Long Beach California, so we were warned that that is not the easiest to coordinate, but that it would happen eventually.
So, use any opportunity to enjoy a "wish" for your child. It is what dreams are made of.

Marksmom

To "Make-A-Wish

Hi everyone,
Yes the Cf kids in the US do get wishes. My son has been approved for a wish through the Make a Wish Foundation and we are just waiting for them to coordinate the trip. I do think the Doctor has a lot to do with it, and how they fill out the papaerwork. I contacted the Make a wish Foundation on a Monday, by Wednesday I had the application packet from them in my mail box, and within 10 days of calling them, my son's doctor had filled out her part and the wish was approved. We have been waing a while for the trip, but we were told that it might take a while because my son wants to meet a celebrity in Long Beach California, so we were warned that that is not the easiest to coordinate, but that it would happen eventually.
So, use any opportunity to enjoy a "wish" for your child. It is what dreams are made of.

Marksmom

To "Make-A-Wish

Hi everyone,

westonsmom

To "Make-A-Wish

Do it!!!!! CF is still a bi*** of a disease. You have been through a lot and deserve a family event that is free. God knows we pay enough in medical bills, meds, gas, parking, etc. etc. Utilize it. Enjoy!

westonsmom

To "Make-A-Wish

Do it!!!!! CF is still a bi*** of a disease. You have been through a lot and deserve a family event that is free. God knows we pay enough in medical bills, meds, gas, parking, etc. etc. Utilize it. Enjoy!

westonsmom

To "Make-A-Wish

2perfectboys

To

Kathy, That's so great to hear, let us know how great of a time u guys had
lori

2perfectboys

To

lori

2perfectboys

To

lori

Emily65Roses

To

2perfectboys, the same thing actually happened to me. My mom tried for Make a Wish when I was... 11 or so, and we got denied, saying I wasn't sick enough. We then went through the Starlight Foundation and they granted me one. I had a blast. *shrug*

Emily65Roses

To

2perfectboys, the same thing actually happened to me. My mom tried for Make a Wish when I was... 11 or so, and we got denied, saying I wasn't sick enough. We then went through the Starlight Foundation and they granted me one. I had a blast. *shrug*

Emily65Roses

To

2perfectboys

To

Emily, I'lll have to check them out one day. He porb is too healthy right now, but when I applied he had just been in the hosp 3x's in a matter of 2 months for 12 days for intestinonal and liver issues. I even listed his diagnois of chirossis of the liver, as it was classified, becaue of fatty liver showing in ultrasound and elevated liver enzymes. He liver functions have since returned to normal levels. I was just kind of dishartening, but like someone else says, i think it has a lot to do w/ what your doc says
thanks again
Lori

2perfectboys

To

Emily, I'lll have to check them out one day. He porb is too healthy right now, but when I applied he had just been in the hosp 3x's in a matter of 2 months for 12 days for intestinonal and liver issues. I even listed his diagnois of chirossis of the liver, as it was classified, becaue of fatty liver showing in ultrasound and elevated liver enzymes. He liver functions have since returned to normal levels. I was just kind of dishartening, but like someone else says, i think it has a lot to do w/ what your doc says
thanks again
Lori

2perfectboys

To

thanks again
Lori

Emily65Roses

To

I was pretty d*mn healthy until I was 16 years old. My doc just probably gave them the typical "CF lifespan is short blah blah" sort of general information. I personally was doing pretty well at that time, though.

Emily65Roses

To

I was pretty d*mn healthy until I was 16 years old. My doc just probably gave them the typical "CF lifespan is short blah blah" sort of general information. I personally was doing pretty well at that time, though.

Emily65Roses

To