to those who have had sinus surgery

M

moxie1

I am going to have to start IV antibiotics for a sinus infection that is out of control.

I had seen an ENT earlier in the year for sinus headaches and he wanted to do immediate sinus surgery. However, my doctor said that since I am rarely sick, why rock the boat?

Anyway, since I got this sinus infection, he said we may rethink surgery.

My question is to those who have had sinus surgery.....was it worth it (i.e. did it help you) or did it open up a can of worms with you needing sinus surgery every few years.

I've slacked off lately with my nasal rinses, so hopefully adding that back in will help, but I don't want to start a trend of needing sinus surgeries.

M

moxie1

I am going to have to start IV antibiotics for a sinus infection that is out of control.

I had seen an ENT earlier in the year for sinus headaches and he wanted to do immediate sinus surgery. However, my doctor said that since I am rarely sick, why rock the boat?

Anyway, since I got this sinus infection, he said we may rethink surgery.

My question is to those who have had sinus surgery.....was it worth it (i.e. did it help you) or did it open up a can of worms with you needing sinus surgery every few years.

I've slacked off lately with my nasal rinses, so hopefully adding that back in will help, but I don't want to start a trend of needing sinus surgeries.

M

moxie1

<br />
<br />I had seen an ENT earlier in the year for sinus headaches and he wanted to do immediate sinus surgery. However, my doctor said that since I am rarely sick, why rock the boat?
<br />
<br />Anyway, since I got this sinus infection, he said we may rethink surgery.
<br />
<br />My question is to those who have had sinus surgery.....was it worth it (i.e. did it help you) or did it open up a can of worms with you needing sinus surgery every few years.
<br />
<br />I've slacked off lately with my nasal rinses, so hopefully adding that back in will help, but I don't want to start a trend of needing sinus surgeries.

tesorotiffa

My first sinus surgery did nothing but open up a can of worms that I think would've stayed closed had I not followed the advice of my doc. The two I've had since then have helped, but prior to my first surgery, I never needed anything other than Sudafed. Now I do two nose sprays, Allegra-D, and Neilmed rinses twice a day. I'm slightly bitter! LOL

tesorotiffa

My first sinus surgery did nothing but open up a can of worms that I think would've stayed closed had I not followed the advice of my doc. The two I've had since then have helped, but prior to my first surgery, I never needed anything other than Sudafed. Now I do two nose sprays, Allegra-D, and Neilmed rinses twice a day. I'm slightly bitter! LOL

tesorotiffa

mamerth

It was the best thing I did in a long time. I can smell again.... and even taste again.

My headaches are gone.... eye pain is gone. I have tons more energy now that all the infection and junk is gone out of my head and face.

I am back to doing sinus rinses 3 X's a day and flonase.

Go for it Becki!!

mamerth

It was the best thing I did in a long time. I can smell again.... and even taste again.

My headaches are gone.... eye pain is gone. I have tons more energy now that all the infection and junk is gone out of my head and face.

I am back to doing sinus rinses 3 X's a day and flonase.

Go for it Becki!!

mamerth

<br />
<br />My headaches are gone.... eye pain is gone. I have tons more energy now that all the infection and junk is gone out of my head and face.
<br />
<br />I am back to doing sinus rinses 3 X's a day and flonase.
<br />
<br />Go for it Becki!!

W

welshwitch

Yes yes yes!

I had the surgery in November...it wasn't fun, but I got to do it outpatient.

Since the surgery I have had ZERO lung infections, feel so much better, when I get a cold it is much milder than the typical CF lung stuff. I feel like I bounce back in general quicker.

I totally recommend it. 100%.

BTW, I just ran another half marathon yesterday. So awesome.

W

welshwitch

Yes yes yes!

I had the surgery in November...it wasn't fun, but I got to do it outpatient.

Since the surgery I have had ZERO lung infections, feel so much better, when I get a cold it is much milder than the typical CF lung stuff. I feel like I bounce back in general quicker.

I totally recommend it. 100%.

BTW, I just ran another half marathon yesterday. So awesome.

W

welshwitch

Yes yes yes!
<br />
<br />I had the surgery in November...it wasn't fun, but I got to do it outpatient.
<br />
<br />Since the surgery I have had ZERO lung infections, feel so much better, when I get a cold it is much milder than the typical CF lung stuff. I feel like I bounce back in general quicker.
<br />
<br />I totally recommend it. 100%.
<br />
<br />BTW, I just ran another half marathon yesterday. So awesome.

coltsfan715

I had one 4 years ago and wish I hadn't. For me I have had worse and more involved issues since I had the surgery than I ever had before the sinus surgery. For me I think my problem was the doc that did mine. I just don't think he did a fabulous job.

I think if you have a great doc and it is a well thought out thing go for it. Otherwise I would seriously weigh the pros and cons.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I had one 4 years ago and wish I hadn't. For me I have had worse and more involved issues since I had the surgery than I ever had before the sinus surgery. For me I think my problem was the doc that did mine. I just don't think he did a fabulous job.

I think if you have a great doc and it is a well thought out thing go for it. Otherwise I would seriously weigh the pros and cons.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I think if you have a great doc and it is a well thought out thing go for it. Otherwise I would seriously weigh the pros and cons.
<br />
<br />Lindsey

M

moxie1

So I have 3 who recommend the surgery and two that are not so sure.

Are there any others who have had sinus surgery and have an opinion about this?

M

moxie1

So I have 3 who recommend the surgery and two that are not so sure.

Are there any others who have had sinus surgery and have an opinion about this?