today's dr appt....

Kelli

OK, so I've felt like crap for 5 days now. First it was congestion in my head...then it moved to my chest. I decided to go to the local doctor to see if we could do anything before I have to go to clinic to have it checked....that would be mistake number one.

The doctor doesn't even LOOK at my chart. He asks my symptoms so I fill him in. He asks how I'd feel about going on Albuterol. <i>UM, I'm on it everyday!!!</i> Then he suggests Zithromax, <i>Once again, I'm on it FOREVER</i>. He stepped out for a phone call, so I checked my own chart. Everything is right there in front of him...all he had to do was glance at my chart!

So he then asks about IV's and my port. I told him where my port was and pointed to it, etc. He then goes to listen to my chest and takes his stethascope and actually flicks my port with it. I said <i>"You just hit my port." </i>He comes back with 'Oh, I thought it was a necklace, I was trying to get it out of my way.' When is the last time someone wore a necklace on their right upper chest 2" below the collar bone in the middle of no where? IDIOT.

The icing on the cake was when he grabs a 'peek flow meter' and hands it to me to blow in. It was SITTING on the COUNTER, in a bin with other medical crap. I told him no way was I putting that in my mouth. He asked me WHY?! <i>Kids play with that, people cough all over that, it's laying with other junk in a bin on the counter with who knows what nasty germs growing on it?!</i> He then told me I had to blow it...not suck it. Ok, great wording there doc, and still I'M NOT PUTTING THAT IN MY MOUTH!

I seriously wanted to walk out with my aching port and not look back. I did wait to get my 2 RX's (what I told him to prescribe) and left while rubbing hand sanitizer over my hands!!!!

What a day!! What was I thinking going to a local doctor?! Never again!

Kelli

Kelli

OK, so I've felt like crap for 5 days now. First it was congestion in my head...then it moved to my chest. I decided to go to the local doctor to see if we could do anything before I have to go to clinic to have it checked....that would be mistake number one.

The doctor doesn't even LOOK at my chart. He asks my symptoms so I fill him in. He asks how I'd feel about going on Albuterol. <i>UM, I'm on it everyday!!!</i> Then he suggests Zithromax, <i>Once again, I'm on it FOREVER</i>. He stepped out for a phone call, so I checked my own chart. Everything is right there in front of him...all he had to do was glance at my chart!

So he then asks about IV's and my port. I told him where my port was and pointed to it, etc. He then goes to listen to my chest and takes his stethascope and actually flicks my port with it. I said <i>"You just hit my port." </i>He comes back with 'Oh, I thought it was a necklace, I was trying to get it out of my way.' When is the last time someone wore a necklace on their right upper chest 2" below the collar bone in the middle of no where? IDIOT.

The icing on the cake was when he grabs a 'peek flow meter' and hands it to me to blow in. It was SITTING on the COUNTER, in a bin with other medical crap. I told him no way was I putting that in my mouth. He asked me WHY?! <i>Kids play with that, people cough all over that, it's laying with other junk in a bin on the counter with who knows what nasty germs growing on it?!</i> He then told me I had to blow it...not suck it. Ok, great wording there doc, and still I'M NOT PUTTING THAT IN MY MOUTH!

I seriously wanted to walk out with my aching port and not look back. I did wait to get my 2 RX's (what I told him to prescribe) and left while rubbing hand sanitizer over my hands!!!!

Kelli

Kelli

Kelli

Kelli

Kelli

Kelli

<br />
<br />The doctor doesn't even LOOK at my chart. He asks my symptoms so I fill him in. He asks how I'd feel about going on Albuterol. <i>UM, I'm on it everyday!!!</i> Then he suggests Zithromax, <i>Once again, I'm on it FOREVER</i>. He stepped out for a phone call, so I checked my own chart. Everything is right there in front of him...all he had to do was glance at my chart!
<br />
<br />So he then asks about IV's and my port. I told him where my port was and pointed to it, etc. He then goes to listen to my chest and takes his stethascope and actually flicks my port with it. I said <i>"You just hit my port." </i>He comes back with 'Oh, I thought it was a necklace, I was trying to get it out of my way.' When is the last time someone wore a necklace on their right upper chest 2" below the collar bone in the middle of no where? IDIOT.
<br />
<br />The icing on the cake was when he grabs a 'peek flow meter' and hands it to me to blow in. It was SITTING on the COUNTER, in a bin with other medical crap. I told him no way was I putting that in my mouth. He asked me WHY?! <i>Kids play with that, people cough all over that, it's laying with other junk in a bin on the counter with who knows what nasty germs growing on it?!</i> He then told me I had to blow it...not suck it. Ok, great wording there doc, and still I'M NOT PUTTING THAT IN MY MOUTH!
<br />
<br />I seriously wanted to walk out with my aching port and not look back. I did wait to get my 2 RX's (what I told him to prescribe) and left while rubbing hand sanitizer over my hands!!!!
<br />
<br />What a day!! What was I thinking going to a local doctor?! Never again!
<br />
<br />Kelli

my65roses4me

OMG!! I am laughing so hard.
That sounds like a comedy act!!
Thanks for postinng that, I needed the laugh today!

Hope your CF center visit goes much smoother!!!

my65roses4me

my65roses4me

my65roses4me

my65roses4me

<br />That sounds like a comedy act!!
<br />Thanks for postinng that, I needed the laugh today!
<br />
<br />Hope your CF center visit goes much smoother!!!
<br />