today's dr appt....

findingher

I had one of those once! I felt like crap, needed to go in the hospital, and he said "Go home and take some cough syrup".

findingher

I had one of those once! I felt like crap, needed to go in the hospital, and he said "Go home and take some cough syrup".

findingher

findingher

findingher

TwistedTanya

Wow! I would have been so annoyed and pissed off! Even for a local doctor, he should have read what meds you take. I don't even bother with "regular/general" doctors unless insurance requires it. Still, I would not even take anything without first contacting my CF clinic and making sure it's ok. If you don't have a CF appointment, I think it's better to call them and let them know what's going on and maybe they could call you in something. These other doctors just don't have the experience or knowledge to be prescribing meds for CF b/c we are so different. Just like most doctors would tell us to eat low fat foods when at the CF clinic they tell us to eat high calorie fatty foods. Or don't use too much salt, when actually we need more salt. A lot of the meds we get are a stronger strength than they give the average healthy person. Etc.....

TwistedTanya

Wow! I would have been so annoyed and pissed off! Even for a local doctor, he should have read what meds you take. I don't even bother with "regular/general" doctors unless insurance requires it. Still, I would not even take anything without first contacting my CF clinic and making sure it's ok. If you don't have a CF appointment, I think it's better to call them and let them know what's going on and maybe they could call you in something. These other doctors just don't have the experience or knowledge to be prescribing meds for CF b/c we are so different. Just like most doctors would tell us to eat low fat foods when at the CF clinic they tell us to eat high calorie fatty foods. Or don't use too much salt, when actually we need more salt. A lot of the meds we get are a stronger strength than they give the average healthy person. Etc.....

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

AnD

I went to a "doc in a box" for phlebitis- I ended up seeing my pulmo for it, lol and grrrrr.

AnD

I went to a "doc in a box" for phlebitis- I ended up seeing my pulmo for it, lol and grrrrr.

AnD

AnD

AnD