totally freaking out....

asouthgate

I'm 26 wks prego and last nite i coughed up blood for 15 minutes. It did stop but I'm totally freaked out. I contacted my doctor this morning and he has yet to get back to me, which is very frustrating. I have in the past had this happen but not very often and it never really was seen as a concern, however being pregnant now I have double the responsibility when it comes to my health. Please someone shed some light on this or some advice as I am very concerned for my little one right now.

asouthgate

I'm 26 wks prego and last nite i coughed up blood for 15 minutes. It did stop but I'm totally freaked out. I contacted my doctor this morning and he has yet to get back to me, which is very frustrating. I have in the past had this happen but not very often and it never really was seen as a concern, however being pregnant now I have double the responsibility when it comes to my health. Please someone shed some light on this or some advice as I am very concerned for my little one right now.

asouthgate

asouthgate

asouthgate

Jeana

I thought I would answer since no one else has as of yet. First of all, I experienced severe coughing to the point of either cracking a rib or throwing it out of place. My baby was still fine. You definitely want to get a check on that coughing though.

Your biggest issue is what is causing the problem. I have sinusitis and sometimes that is the cause of the coughing. While I was pregnant though, my lung function dropped about 34%. I went on IV drugs 3 times. It was really scary for me to go on IV drugs while pregnant, but important. I would go in to be seen and possibly get checked into the hospital. They can monitor your baby daily and that is so reassuring. Bottom line, get this taken care of so that you can stay healthy for your little one.

Jeana

I thought I would answer since no one else has as of yet. First of all, I experienced severe coughing to the point of either cracking a rib or throwing it out of place. My baby was still fine. You definitely want to get a check on that coughing though.

Your biggest issue is what is causing the problem. I have sinusitis and sometimes that is the cause of the coughing. While I was pregnant though, my lung function dropped about 34%. I went on IV drugs 3 times. It was really scary for me to go on IV drugs while pregnant, but important. I would go in to be seen and possibly get checked into the hospital. They can monitor your baby daily and that is so reassuring. Bottom line, get this taken care of so that you can stay healthy for your little one.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

<br />
<br />Your biggest issue is what is causing the problem. I have sinusitis and sometimes that is the cause of the coughing. While I was pregnant though, my lung function dropped about 34%. I went on IV drugs 3 times. It was really scary for me to go on IV drugs while pregnant, but important. I would go in to be seen and possibly get checked into the hospital. They can monitor your baby daily and that is so reassuring. Bottom line, get this taken care of so that you can stay healthy for your little one.

saveferris2009

Go to the ER if it happens again - it's rare but possible that the bleeding can escalate and suffocate you. No joke.

Like Jeana said, understand what's causing the problem is extremely important - infection, blood clot, etc etc.

Take care. Treat this very carefully

saveferris2009

Go to the ER if it happens again - it's rare but possible that the bleeding can escalate and suffocate you. No joke.

Like Jeana said, understand what's causing the problem is extremely important - infection, blood clot, etc etc.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />Like Jeana said, understand what's causing the problem is extremely important - infection, blood clot, etc etc.
<br />
<br />Take care. Treat this very carefully

asouthgate

ok so I finally heard back from my doc and they are putting me on Cipro for my chest infection. So now I'm even more freaked out cuz I've read all the posts on here saying that Cipro was bad to take while pregnant. So now I have to decide over my health or my baby's health....this sucks!!!

asouthgate

ok so I finally heard back from my doc and they are putting me on Cipro for my chest infection. So now I'm even more freaked out cuz I've read all the posts on here saying that Cipro was bad to take while pregnant. So now I have to decide over my health or my baby's health....this sucks!!!

asouthgate

asouthgate

asouthgate