traveling abroad w pt equip

igotalife

Wow Kristy what a sucky experience.

I have to say, I'm not sure when that was you went to Italy and spoke w the Vest co, but I just corresponded w someone at Hillrom and they confirmed what Amy said. The 104 model was built with a special universal converter in it.
it is designed for travel.
All that is needed is a standard outlet converter that u would use for a curling iron or blowdryer.
They were very helpful.
I also spoke with a resp therapist at my hosp and they said the same thing- of course I'd view Hillrom as the final word, but just saying...
So now my next tackle is the compressor and I emailed Hillrom about that too.

I do think we always have to be concerned about backup situations. I want a real compressor but I'll bring my lousy portable neb as a backup just in case.

igotalife

I have to say, I'm not sure when that was you went to Italy and spoke w the Vest co, but I just corresponded w someone at Hillrom and they confirmed what Amy said. The 104 model was built with a special universal converter in it.
All that is needed is a standard outlet converter that u would use for a curling iron or blowdryer.
They were very helpful.
I also spoke with a resp therapist at my hosp and they said the same thing- of course I'd view Hillrom as the final word, but just saying...

I do think we always have to be concerned about backup situations. I want a real compressor but I'll bring my lousy portable neb as a backup just in case.

igotalife

They were very helpful.

igotalife

They were very helpful.

igotalife

<br />
<br />I have to say, I'm not sure when that was you went to Italy and spoke w the Vest co, but I just corresponded w someone at Hillrom and they confirmed what Amy said. The 104 model was built with a special universal converter in it.
<br />it is designed for travel.
<br />All that is needed is a standard outlet converter that u would use for a curling iron or blowdryer.
<br />They were very helpful.
<br />I also spoke with a resp therapist at my hosp and they said the same thing- of course I'd view Hillrom as the final word, but just saying...
<br />So now my next tackle is the compressor and I emailed Hillrom about that too.
<br />
<br />I do think we always have to be concerned about backup situations. I want a real compressor but I'll bring my lousy portable neb as a backup just in case.
<br />
<br />
<br />

S

I'm bad, I don't do any treatments when I travel...spent 3 months in Europe backpacking '02 and didn't have one problem(had an inhaler handy and some cipro in case I got sick, though). I will still take zithro and bring an inhaler these days, but other than that I consider my travels a vacation from everything, including cf.

S

I'm bad, I don't do any treatments when I travel...spent 3 months in Europe backpacking '02 and didn't have one problem(had an inhaler handy and some cipro in case I got sick, though). I will still take zithro and bring an inhaler these days, but other than that I consider my travels a vacation from everything, including cf.

S

S

S

stanntn

I agree with the post above. I love Germany. I went twice last year and was ok. I took cipro and did not take it.
I had trouble sleeping though. The time change.
I also went to Amsterdam. Don't need meds there. They have things that make you forget your sick.

stanntn

I agree with the post above. I love Germany. I went twice last year and was ok. I took cipro and did not take it.
I also went to Amsterdam. Don't need meds there. They have things that make you forget your sick.

stanntn

stanntn

stanntn

<br />I had trouble sleeping though. The time change.
<br />I also went to Amsterdam. Don't need meds there. They have things that make you forget your sick.