U don't look like u have CF

treehugger

I was having an annual GYN exam a few days ago and the doc asked me if i was on any vitamins. I said "yeah cystic fibrosis vitamins". So she says, "oh are those to thin the mucous?" Well, if I could have gotten up to speak to her eye to eye I would have clarified what vitamins do.

treehugger

I was having an annual GYN exam a few days ago and the doc asked me if i was on any vitamins. I said "yeah cystic fibrosis vitamins". So she says, "oh are those to thin the mucous?" Well, if I could have gotten up to speak to her eye to eye I would have clarified what vitamins do.

treehugger

treehugger

treehugger

thefrogprincess

Uhg! The best one I ever heard was "Do you have Cf all over?" I said, "Well, since I have DNA all over, yes!" I had someone tell me not long ago that my digestive problems were from eating stuff that I'm allergic to. I looked her straight in the face and said "No, its genetic, my body doesn't work right." She got all red in the face and appologized for making assumptions.

thefrogprincess

Uhg! The best one I ever heard was "Do you have Cf all over?" I said, "Well, since I have DNA all over, yes!" I had someone tell me not long ago that my digestive problems were from eating stuff that I'm allergic to. I looked her straight in the face and said "No, its genetic, my body doesn't work right." She got all red in the face and appologized for making assumptions.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

lmattaway

I have highly enjoyed reading through this thread. I once had a pediatrician ask if I should be retested b/c my pfts were just too high to have cf. His justification was "You don't want to walk around with the label if you don't have to." As if I should somehow be ashamed to be "labeled" as a CF patient. My mom was irrate and promptly wrote a letter to the head doc once we got home expressing her frustration with such a comment. Oh the stories we have to tell...

lmattaway

I have highly enjoyed reading through this thread. I once had a pediatrician ask if I should be retested b/c my pfts were just too high to have cf. His justification was "You don't want to walk around with the label if you don't have to." As if I should somehow be ashamed to be "labeled" as a CF patient. My mom was irrate and promptly wrote a letter to the head doc once we got home expressing her frustration with such a comment. Oh the stories we have to tell...

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway