U don't look like u have CF

Faust

I have gotten this countless times. Especially now that i'm 200lbs and have muscles. I recommend when a professional idiot does this to you, just smile, fart into your hand, and open it under their nose.

Faust

I have gotten this countless times. Especially now that i'm 200lbs and have muscles. I recommend when a professional idiot does this to you, just smile, fart into your hand, and open it under their nose.

Faust

Faust

Faust

kswitch

yes, there are a ton of stupid people in the medical world. i suspect it's because many of the lower level professionals receive their educations at places like vaterrott and u of pheonix online.

not to bust on people who have dergrees from these kinds of places, but even you must know that many of the programs are, well, a joke. sure, you do get training in a specific field, but general education and common sense are not so much encouraged.

alas, we must deal all the same. the phenom is limited to low level professionals, however. the pulmonologist at my county hospital looked me square in the eye and said

"who told you you have cf?"

i tried to convince myself he was asking where i was diagnosed, but i was never successful. needless to say, i don't see this pulmo anymore.

kswitch

yes, there are a ton of stupid people in the medical world. i suspect it's because many of the lower level professionals receive their educations at places like vaterrott and u of pheonix online.

not to bust on people who have dergrees from these kinds of places, but even you must know that many of the programs are, well, a joke. sure, you do get training in a specific field, but general education and common sense are not so much encouraged.

alas, we must deal all the same. the phenom is limited to low level professionals, however. the pulmonologist at my county hospital looked me square in the eye and said

i tried to convince myself he was asking where i was diagnosed, but i was never successful. needless to say, i don't see this pulmo anymore.

kswitch

kswitch

kswitch

mom2lillian

Ugh. This is the worst I too get this all the time and feel for you. I have decided next time I will either A-ask them where their medical degree is from or B-say no I dont its just a joke I like to play because its so much fun. I am a bit heavier without pancreatic impairment so I get this frequently.

Elizabeth-yours definately takes the cake!

One more I have gotten was when they were doing my repeat sweat test, when I already knew myself that I had CF the phlebotomist told me " Oh dont worry yourself honey your test will be negative"! Oh reallY? I ask because I'm pretty sure I have CF. "Sur, Sur, I'm positive, yourn fine, I been doin these here things fer 20 years, besides your too old you'd be dead by now fer sur!" Thanks but I'm not so sure about that I mumbled. She really was a super nice old southern lady (rarity up here) and really did talk like that. I couldnt bring myself to educate her, it seemed beyond her.

mom2lillian

Ugh. This is the worst I too get this all the time and feel for you. I have decided next time I will either A-ask them where their medical degree is from or B-say no I dont its just a joke I like to play because its so much fun. I am a bit heavier without pancreatic impairment so I get this frequently.

One more I have gotten was when they were doing my repeat sweat test, when I already knew myself that I had CF the phlebotomist told me " Oh dont worry yourself honey your test will be negative"! Oh reallY? I ask because I'm pretty sure I have CF. "Sur, Sur, I'm positive, yourn fine, I been doin these here things fer 20 years, besides your too old you'd be dead by now fer sur!" Thanks but I'm not so sure about that I mumbled. She really was a super nice old southern lady (rarity up here) and really did talk like that. I couldnt bring myself to educate her, it seemed beyond her.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

DarbSkull

Yeah, I get that all the time too. Another one I love from a medical professional is, "So how long have you had CF?" Not CF-related, but when someone finds out I have a twin sister about half the time they ask if we are identical... *sigh*

DarbSkull

Yeah, I get that all the time too. Another one I love from a medical professional is, "So how long have you had CF?" Not CF-related, but when someone finds out I have a twin sister about half the time they ask if we are identical... *sigh*

DarbSkull

DarbSkull

DarbSkull