Very scared Dad!

JazzysMom

There will be good days & bad days. To think otherwise is just silly. I agree with trying to enjoy your daughter because she will only be little once.

The CF stuff will fall into place even when you just think it wont...

Welcome to the site!

HUGS

JazzysMom

There will be good days & bad days. To think otherwise is just silly. I agree with trying to enjoy your daughter because she will only be little once.

Welcome to the site!

HUGS

JazzysMom

Welcome to the site!

HUGS

JazzysMom

Welcome to the site!

HUGS

JazzysMom

Welcome to the site!

HUGS

Jane

Digital opinion leader
First, welcome to the site. It is such a great resource for info and a comfort when you need it. Many of us are parents who will never forget the moment you described. The pain is etched in our hearts forever.

Having said that, it does get better. ALthough the cf never goes away, it does take a back seat most of the time. You learn to enjoy your kids instead of thinking "she has cf" when you look at her. My boys are 12 and 16. They are doing well right now, but have had a few rought spots. I am grateful for who they are and for every moment they are with me.

It will get easier, it really will. We'll help as much as we can.
Please let us know how the surgery goes. Take care of yourself too!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
First, welcome to the site. It is such a great resource for info and a comfort when you need it. Many of us are parents who will never forget the moment you described. The pain is etched in our hearts forever.

Having said that, it does get better. ALthough the cf never goes away, it does take a back seat most of the time. You learn to enjoy your kids instead of thinking "she has cf" when you look at her. My boys are 12 and 16. They are doing well right now, but have had a few rought spots. I am grateful for who they are and for every moment they are with me.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

kaylasdad

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your support . I spend alot of time on this site and it helps alot . God bless youn guys .

Dad of James /? Joseph/? Nicholas/? John/? first girl Kayla 3months w/cf

kaylasdad

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your support . I spend alot of time on this site and it helps alot . God bless youn guys .

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

HollyAnnsMom

HI there kaylasdad! Here's a hug straight to you and yours. I too have been in that situation. My little girl was diagnosed at 5 weeks old and is now 7 1/2 months and she is doing very well. We do a breathing treatment with pulmicort and albuterol once a day with her CPT. She also takes enzymes with her feedings.

I cried so hard when she was diagnosed that I made myself sick. It really is a punch in the gut and it is the worst thing I have had to deal with thus far. Then I really started reading and thinking and I found this sight and that's when it hit me that even though it does not seem like it now it really could be so much worse. There is so much out there to help our baby girls and lots and lots of research going on every day. Don't get me wrong I still have times late at night when the kids are sleeping that I sit on the porch swing and have a good cry but that's the parent in me.

I wondered why did this have to happen to our baby girl as I'm sure you are wondering the same thing then I had an aunt call me and tell me that she was so jealous. When I asked her why she was jealous she said she was jealous that God had entrusted my husband and I with such a special little spirit to love and care for. That's when I knew that with Gods help and lots of support from family and friends we could make it.

Just know that we are praying for your family and your precious baby girl and just remeber it will get better and you will survive this.

Take care and welcome to the site!

HollyAnnsMom

HI there kaylasdad! Here's a hug straight to you and yours. I too have been in that situation. My little girl was diagnosed at 5 weeks old and is now 7 1/2 months and she is doing very well. We do a breathing treatment with pulmicort and albuterol once a day with her CPT. She also takes enzymes with her feedings.

I cried so hard when she was diagnosed that I made myself sick. It really is a punch in the gut and it is the worst thing I have had to deal with thus far. Then I really started reading and thinking and I found this sight and that's when it hit me that even though it does not seem like it now it really could be so much worse. There is so much out there to help our baby girls and lots and lots of research going on every day. Don't get me wrong I still have times late at night when the kids are sleeping that I sit on the porch swing and have a good cry but that's the parent in me.

I wondered why did this have to happen to our baby girl as I'm sure you are wondering the same thing then I had an aunt call me and tell me that she was so jealous. When I asked her why she was jealous she said she was jealous that God had entrusted my husband and I with such a special little spirit to love and care for. That's when I knew that with Gods help and lots of support from family and friends we could make it.

Just know that we are praying for your family and your precious baby girl and just remeber it will get better and you will survive this.

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom

HollyAnnsMom