Vest question

sue35

Hi all-
I looked up previous posts about vest pressure frequencies and I saw that a lot of you (and in Amy's blog) use the pressure setting at around 10.

I just got my vest and the Hill-Rom guy came today and said that I will never go above a 4 pressure setting. I am very confused.

I have the new version, with the small chest vest. How can he say that I shouldn't go above 4?

Thanks!

sue35

Hi all-
I looked up previous posts about vest pressure frequencies and I saw that a lot of you (and in Amy's blog) use the pressure setting at around 10.

I just got my vest and the Hill-Rom guy came today and said that I will never go above a 4 pressure setting. I am very confused.

I have the new version, with the small chest vest. How can he say that I shouldn't go above 4?

Thanks!

sue35

Hi all-

Thanks!

Sreh

What they have told me, HillRom, and what my doctor has told me is you wont feel a difference in results from the pressure... it is the frequency 10hz 12hz 14hz etc that produced the desired results. The pressure just inflates the vest.

Sreh

What they have told me, HillRom, and what my doctor has told me is you wont feel a difference in results from the pressure... it is the frequency 10hz 12hz 14hz etc that produced the desired results. The pressure just inflates the vest.

Sreh

CowTown

I have a HillRom vest and use the following:

6hz, 7 pressure (5 minutes)

8hz, 6 pressure (5 minutes)

9hz, 6 pressure (5 minutes)

18hz, 5 pressure (5 minutes)

19hz, 5 pressure (5 minutes)

20hz, 5 pressure (5 minutes)

________

I got to these settings by looking what Amy had decribed in her blog a while back. From what I understood, the pressure settings are based on how it feels with your breathing restrictions, but the hz (speeds) are based on Warwick's recommeded process. The lower speeds help just as much as the higher speeds, as do the different pressure settings, and combined they all are part of the process.

So if your Hillrom guy said you shouldn't go above 4, that makes me wonder if you have very restricted breathing at pressure 4. Do you? If you don't and can breath pretty freely at that number, then you should probably go higher. Again, from what I understand you should use as high a pressure as you feel comfortable. Then as the speed hz increases - the pressure decreases.

CowTown

________

I got to these settings by looking what Amy had decribed in her blog a while back. From what I understood, the pressure settings are based on how it feels with your breathing restrictions, but the hz (speeds) are based on Warwick's recommeded process. The lower speeds help just as much as the higher speeds, as do the different pressure settings, and combined they all are part of the process.

So if your Hillrom guy said you shouldn't go above 4, that makes me wonder if you have very restricted breathing at pressure 4. Do you? If you don't and can breath pretty freely at that number, then you should probably go higher. Again, from what I understand you should use as high a pressure as you feel comfortable. Then as the speed hz increases - the pressure decreases.

CowTown

________

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sue35</b></i>

Hi all-

!</end quote></div>

If i were you.... I would go by the instructions from the man who invented the device....

NoExcuses

Hi all-

!</end quote></div>

If i were you.... I would go by the instructions from the man who invented the device....

NoExcuses

Hi all-

!</end quote></div>

2perfectboys

different machines, different pressures? different strokes, for different folks?

2perfectboys

different machines, different pressures? different strokes, for different folks?

2perfectboys

sue35

Thank you all for your responses. I am going to go by what Warwick says I think. They vest guy didn't even play with the pressure. He just set it at 2 and then said to do that at 10HZ for 10 minutes and then 14Hz pressure 4 for 10 minutes. Maybe I will try that for a day and then try what Warwick says.

I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be deadly to go above 4 because that is what I got the impression of. Maybe I misread him though

sue35

Thank you all for your responses. I am going to go by what Warwick says I think. They vest guy didn't even play with the pressure. He just set it at 2 and then said to do that at 10HZ for 10 minutes and then 14Hz pressure 4 for 10 minutes. Maybe I will try that for a day and then try what Warwick says.

I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be deadly to go above 4 because that is what I got the impression of. Maybe I misread him though