Vitamin D and lung health

Marjolein

I would think checking vitamin levels is a standard for every CFer once a year?
<br />
<br />At least A, D and E. Don't know if they check K with a level or adjust that to how thick your blood is or not. But I think all fat soluble vitamins should be checked every year.

Marjolein

Kids below the age of 4(?) have supplemented vitamin A and D anyway I think? CFer or not? At least my sister had drops when she was little too. And they sell it at the pharmacy. AD drops. I still take those, even when the bottle says it's for children haha.
With 12 drops a day both my vitamin A and D levels are ok.

Marjolein

Kids below the age of 4(?) have supplemented vitamin A and D anyway I think? CFer or not? At least my sister had drops when she was little too. And they sell it at the pharmacy. AD drops. I still take those, even when the bottle says it's for children haha.
With 12 drops a day both my vitamin A and D levels are ok.

Marjolein

<br />With 12 drops a day both my vitamin A and D levels are ok.

zoe4life

Yes, cf'ers should have their vitamin levels checked once a year. They have always done Zoe's that way. They pretty much check everything in her yearly blood take. Her Vitamin D3 was low. So now she takes a Vitamin D3 chew. We haven't had her retested since she started it...so we will see. We also do fish oil 500 mg...just because we know it is so good for her!

zoe4life

Yes, cf'ers should have their vitamin levels checked once a year. They have always done Zoe's that way. They pretty much check everything in her yearly blood take. Her Vitamin D3 was low. So now she takes a Vitamin D3 chew. We haven't had her retested since she started it...so we will see. We also do fish oil 500 mg...just because we know it is so good for her!

zoe4life

Jeana

I just started a Vitamin D supplement--Citrocal (Vit D 2000IU and Calcium 2000mg), because my Vit D level was at 11. I am going to be checked again in February.

Jeana

I just started a Vitamin D supplement--Citrocal (Vit D 2000IU and Calcium 2000mg), because my Vit D level was at 11. I am going to be checked again in February.

Jeana