VX-770 and Delta f508

dramamama

Having spoken to someone high up in the food chain, the results from the Phase 2 were so good, researchers had trouble believing them. Basically, they know what they have and if we all started talking about it, they would have mutiny on their hands.

CF Foundation has put the kabosh on miglustat in one swoop. Miglustat, an already approved drug, increased CFTR function by 120%. Normally, that is when the CF Foundation would be jumping up and down and start doing trials immediately. However, they had already invested so much money in these vertex drugs, that they decided NOT to investigate miglustat even though miglustat could be available to us in 1.5 years or less because it is already approved for another illness.

All of this is business after all. Unless we come together like the AIDS community and demand that we be given these drugs like they did with AZT, we have many years of waiting. As an adult with CF, I am willing to sign a waiver saying I'm not going to sue or hold them liable, I just want to opportunity to get the drugs before it is too late for me.

dramamama

Having spoken to someone high up in the food chain, the results from the Phase 2 were so good, researchers had trouble believing them. Basically, they know what they have and if we all started talking about it, they would have mutiny on their hands.

CF Foundation has put the kabosh on miglustat in one swoop. Miglustat, an already approved drug, increased CFTR function by 120%. Normally, that is when the CF Foundation would be jumping up and down and start doing trials immediately. However, they had already invested so much money in these vertex drugs, that they decided NOT to investigate miglustat even though miglustat could be available to us in 1.5 years or less because it is already approved for another illness.

All of this is business after all. Unless we come together like the AIDS community and demand that we be given these drugs like they did with AZT, we have many years of waiting. As an adult with CF, I am willing to sign a waiver saying I'm not going to sue or hold them liable, I just want to opportunity to get the drugs before it is too late for me.

dramamama

dramamama

dramamama

<br />
<br />CF Foundation has put the kabosh on miglustat in one swoop. Miglustat, an already approved drug, increased CFTR function by 120%. Normally, that is when the CF Foundation would be jumping up and down and start doing trials immediately. However, they had already invested so much money in these vertex drugs, that they decided NOT to investigate miglustat even though miglustat could be available to us in 1.5 years or less because it is already approved for another illness.
<br />
<br />All of this is business after all. Unless we come together like the AIDS community and demand that we be given these drugs like they did with AZT, we have many years of waiting. As an adult with CF, I am willing to sign a waiver saying I'm not going to sue or hold them liable, I just want to opportunity to get the drugs before it is too late for me.

upfrom31

sorry to jack your board, but i'm having trouble understanding what the suffexes in the mutations mean...i realize the X means a nonsense mutation. Does anyone know what a T means? Just curious, Thanks!

upfrom31

sorry to jack your board, but i'm having trouble understanding what the suffexes in the mutations mean...i realize the X means a nonsense mutation. Does anyone know what a T means? Just curious, Thanks!

upfrom31

upfrom31

upfrom31

rosesixtyfive

Okay, I wondered about Miglustat. No one could answer the question for me - why did it have good results, but no one was buzzing about it. Thanks for clearing things up for me. Who do you right letters to to advocate to get these drugs out?
rosesixtyfive, mother of Sam, (dx at birth), DDF508, and a fighter

rosesixtyfive

Okay, I wondered about Miglustat. No one could answer the question for me - why did it have good results, but no one was buzzing about it. Thanks for clearing things up for me. Who do you right letters to to advocate to get these drugs out?

rosesixtyfive

rosesixtyfive

rosesixtyfive

<br />rosesixtyfive, mother of Sam, (dx at birth), DDF508, and a fighter