VX-809 for DDF508

ReneeP

I was at the CF Center yesterday for a checkup with my daughters and our CF doc told us that they are going to be starting Phase 2 trials of the VX-809 drug specifically for people with Double Delta F508 this spring. She wants my 14 year old to participate. (the minimum age is 12 so my other daughter can't do it).

I am not going to pretend to understand all of the medical terminology, but to summarize, she said that this is the by far the closest they have come to a cure. She was very excited about it. She said that studies have shown that after taking this medication, people with DDF508 have had completely normal sweat tests, showing that the drug actually corrects the CFTR protein.

This is very similar to the VX-770 which specifically targets the G551D mutation.

Has anyone else heard about this? I am very excited...and hopeful!

ReneeP

I was at the CF Center yesterday for a checkup with my daughters and our CF doc told us that they are going to be starting Phase 2 trials of the VX-809 drug specifically for people with Double Delta F508 this spring. She wants my 14 year old to participate. (the minimum age is 12 so my other daughter can't do it).

I am not going to pretend to understand all of the medical terminology, but to summarize, she said that this is the by far the closest they have come to a cure. She was very excited about it. She said that studies have shown that after taking this medication, people with DDF508 have had completely normal sweat tests, showing that the drug actually corrects the CFTR protein.

This is very similar to the VX-770 which specifically targets the G551D mutation.

ReneeP

ReneeP

ReneeP

<br />
<br />I am not going to pretend to understand all of the medical terminology, but to summarize, she said that this is the by far the closest they have come to a cure. She was very excited about it. She said that studies have shown that after taking this medication, people with DDF508 have had completely normal sweat tests, showing that the drug actually corrects the CFTR protein.
<br />
<br />This is very similar to the VX-770 which specifically targets the G551D mutation.
<br />
<br />Has anyone else heard about this? I am very excited...and hopeful!

T

tammykrumrey

Yes, I have my girls CF dr. told us about it as well. He, too, was very excited!
Please keep us updated!!!

T

tammykrumrey

Yes, I have my girls CF dr. told us about it as well. He, too, was very excited!

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

<br />Please keep us updated!!!

B

brewz2

Are you serious? I feel like somebody needs to pinch me and wake me up from a dream...I realize it's not a cure yet, but to know that there's a drug out there being tested on the mutations that both my children have...it's a huge restorer of faith and hope.....

B

brewz2

Are you serious? I feel like somebody needs to pinch me and wake me up from a dream...I realize it's not a cure yet, but to know that there's a drug out there being tested on the mutations that both my children have...it's a huge restorer of faith and hope.....

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2