VX-809 for DDF508

crickit715

it is listed on the drug pipeline...here is the "snipit" it has with it....

VX-809: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, supported by CFFT. VX-809 is a "corrector" that helps move defective CFTR protein to the proper place in the airway cell membrane and improve its function as a chloride channel. A Phase 2a trial is scheduled to begin in Spring 2009.

crickit715

VX-809: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, supported by CFFT. VX-809 is a "corrector" that helps move defective CFTR protein to the proper place in the airway cell membrane and improve its function as a chloride channel. A Phase 2a trial is scheduled to begin in Spring 2009.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

<br />
<br />VX-809: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, supported by CFFT. VX-809 is a "corrector" that helps move defective CFTR protein to the proper place in the airway cell membrane and improve its function as a chloride channel. A Phase 2a trial is scheduled to begin in Spring 2009.
<br />

babyluke

That is so awesome!!! I had heard a little from the newsletter from our CF clinic (they just became approved to be a clinical trial site, but Luke is too little to participate right now, so I didn't know much about it). Every night Luke's brothers pray that there will be a cure for cystic fibrosis. What an amazing feeling to see it becoming more and more a real possibility!

babyluke

That is so awesome!!! I had heard a little from the newsletter from our CF clinic (they just became approved to be a clinical trial site, but Luke is too little to participate right now, so I didn't know much about it). Every night Luke's brothers pray that there will be a cure for cystic fibrosis. What an amazing feeling to see it becoming more and more a real possibility!

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke

<br />

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

What great news!! After I read your blog this morning I started researching this and was trully amazed. Not just a treatment but something that actually corrects the gene. There is nothing greater to me then HOPE and FAITH!! Hope for a cure and faith that one will be found. Thanks you just made my day today!!!!!!

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

What great news!! After I read your blog this morning I started researching this and was trully amazed. Not just a treatment but something that actually corrects the gene. There is nothing greater to me then HOPE and FAITH!! Hope for a cure and faith that one will be found. Thanks you just made my day today!!!!!!

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

GrammyB

My granddaughter, who is 2 1/2 also is double delta. Last year when I was visiting them in Virginia, I attended the CF Education Day at UVA, and Dr. Prescott Campbell from CFF was there and talked quite a bit aobut this. I attended another Education evening here in Florida recently, and it was again discussed. It is indeed exciting.

If your clinic has an education meeting, it owuld be wonderful if you could attend. A lot of information is disseminated. After attending the second one, I understood everything a little bit better...so I keep attending.

GrammyB

My granddaughter, who is 2 1/2 also is double delta. Last year when I was visiting them in Virginia, I attended the CF Education Day at UVA, and Dr. Prescott Campbell from CFF was there and talked quite a bit aobut this. I attended another Education evening here in Florida recently, and it was again discussed. It is indeed exciting.

If your clinic has an education meeting, it owuld be wonderful if you could attend. A lot of information is disseminated. After attending the second one, I understood everything a little bit better...so I keep attending.

GrammyB

GrammyB

GrammyB

<br />
<br />If your clinic has an education meeting, it owuld be wonderful if you could attend. A lot of information is disseminated. After attending the second one, I understood everything a little bit better...so I keep attending.