Was it hard to tell your friends that you have CF?

iwantmypup

Hi, I'm 14 also!

I went to a K-8 School..so I really grew up with everyone and knew everyone really well. I had to go to the nurse every lunch time to get my enzymes...some people would ask, and I'd just tell them that I have a lung condition and that I need to take pills to help digest my food.
This was in maybe..2nd or 3rd grade.
By the time I was done with that school(highschool here we come!), pretty much everyone knew I had "something"..nobody teased me about it or spread rumors, mostly because I've known everyone for so long.

However, I've met new friends since then that I am a bit nervous to take my pills around(I quickly take them while they aren't looking!)..but I think when I get to be more comfortable with them, I'll explain if they ask.

iwantmypup

Hi, I'm 14 also!

I went to a K-8 School..so I really grew up with everyone and knew everyone really well. I had to go to the nurse every lunch time to get my enzymes...some people would ask, and I'd just tell them that I have a lung condition and that I need to take pills to help digest my food.
By the time I was done with that school(highschool here we come!), pretty much everyone knew I had "something"..nobody teased me about it or spread rumors, mostly because I've known everyone for so long.

However, I've met new friends since then that I am a bit nervous to take my pills around(I quickly take them while they aren't looking!)..but I think when I get to be more comfortable with them, I'll explain if they ask.

iwantmypup

Hi, I'm 14 also!

iwantmypup

Hi, I'm 14 also!

iwantmypup

Hi, I'm 14 also!
<br />
<br />I went to a K-8 School..so I really grew up with everyone and knew everyone really well. I had to go to the nurse every lunch time to get my enzymes...some people would ask, and I'd just tell them that I have a lung condition and that I need to take pills to help digest my food.
<br />This was in maybe..2nd or 3rd grade.
<br />By the time I was done with that school(highschool here we come!), pretty much everyone knew I had "something"..nobody teased me about it or spread rumors, mostly because I've known everyone for so long.
<br />
<br />
<br />However, I've met new friends since then that I am a bit nervous to take my pills around(I quickly take them while they aren't looking!)..but I think when I get to be more comfortable with them, I'll explain if they ask.

CrimsonScarlett

When I was younger I didnt really tell anyone about it. I told one of my friends once. Then if I wasnt very close to them I lied and told them I have a lung disease thats pretty close to severe asthma.They understood that more and didnt ask questions. Then when I was in 7th grade I was asked to do a speach to my class about by my teacher. I did and one kid (He was stupid and immature) said you have cancer! Then I was like laughing at him and said no I dont then i proceded to pull on my hair and say its my real hair cuz he was under the impression I had a wig... Then in that same yr I got admitted to the hospital for a few weeks and then I had a tutor for the rest of the school year. By then everyone knew about it. From then on i havent really had a problem telling people. But when I do I just tell them flat out but I make it simple to spare myself from questions.

CrimsonScarlett

When I was younger I didnt really tell anyone about it. I told one of my friends once. Then if I wasnt very close to them I lied and told them I have a lung disease thats pretty close to severe asthma.They understood that more and didnt ask questions. Then when I was in 7th grade I was asked to do a speach to my class about by my teacher. I did and one kid (He was stupid and immature) said you have cancer! Then I was like laughing at him and said no I dont then i proceded to pull on my hair and say its my real hair cuz he was under the impression I had a wig... Then in that same yr I got admitted to the hospital for a few weeks and then I had a tutor for the rest of the school year. By then everyone knew about it. From then on i havent really had a problem telling people. But when I do I just tell them flat out but I make it simple to spare myself from questions.

CrimsonScarlett

CrimsonScarlett

CrimsonScarlett

applegirl

Hi
I'm 16. Close friends of mine new about the CF when i was diagnosed(12). Kids in my school didn't find out till my freshmen year of high school, when one of the kids did a report on CF and figured out that i had it. The school asked for permission to tell the kids in my graduating class and i said yes. My school is very supported every year they do the CF walk. And if anyone makes fun of a disease like CF then there not someone you want to hang out with or that you want to know.

Malora 16 w/CF

applegirl

Hi
I'm 16. Close friends of mine new about the CF when i was diagnosed(12). Kids in my school didn't find out till my freshmen year of high school, when one of the kids did a report on CF and figured out that i had it. The school asked for permission to tell the kids in my graduating class and i said yes. My school is very supported every year they do the CF walk. And if anyone makes fun of a disease like CF then there not someone you want to hang out with or that you want to know.

Malora 16 w/CF

applegirl

Hi

Malora 16 w/CF

applegirl

Hi

Malora 16 w/CF

applegirl

Hi
<br />I'm 16. Close friends of mine new about the CF when i was diagnosed(12). Kids in my school didn't find out till my freshmen year of high school, when one of the kids did a report on CF and figured out that i had it. The school asked for permission to tell the kids in my graduating class and i said yes. My school is very supported every year they do the CF walk. And if anyone makes fun of a disease like CF then there not someone you want to hang out with or that you want to know.
<br />
<br />Malora 16 w/CF