weight and BMI

allie5

My daughter had her clinic visit yesterday. They are always on me about her weight. I totally understand there is a link between good lung function and good weight but I am tall and skinny and my husband is thin too. Do they not take gentics into consideration when they are figuring out what their weight and BMI should be? Does anyone else have this problem. do you mind sharing your children's ages, weight and BMI? Thanks!

My daughter is 6 and weighs 44 pounds. Her BMI is 10. But she is very tall for her age....above average.

allie5

My daughter had her clinic visit yesterday. They are always on me about her weight. I totally understand there is a link between good lung function and good weight but I am tall and skinny and my husband is thin too. Do they not take gentics into consideration when they are figuring out what their weight and BMI should be? Does anyone else have this problem. do you mind sharing your children's ages, weight and BMI? Thanks!

My daughter is 6 and weighs 44 pounds. Her BMI is 10. But she is very tall for her age....above average.

allie5

allie5

allie5

<br />
<br />My daughter is 6 and weighs 44 pounds. Her BMI is 10. But she is very tall for her age....above average.

S

sdelorenzo

Sophia - 7 in July - her weight is 52 pounds. Her bmi is 86%. But she has been on megace this month. HUGE help in getting 5 pounds on her this month. So her usual bmi is around 65%. A year ago her bmi was -5% before she got the g-tube. It has always been a struggle for her to gain weight. It is such a blessing to see her now with a chubby face and legs.

Jack - 4 yrs. His bmi has consistently been around 70%.
He eats well and gains well. Praise the Lord!!

My husband and I were both very thin growing up. I used to tell the drs a lot that they are not taking that into consideration. But my kids are able to be above the 50% for bmi even if my husband and I weren't.

Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

Sophia - 7 in July - her weight is 52 pounds. Her bmi is 86%. But she has been on megace this month. HUGE help in getting 5 pounds on her this month. So her usual bmi is around 65%. A year ago her bmi was -5% before she got the g-tube. It has always been a struggle for her to gain weight. It is such a blessing to see her now with a chubby face and legs.

My husband and I were both very thin growing up. I used to tell the drs a lot that they are not taking that into consideration. But my kids are able to be above the 50% for bmi even if my husband and I weren't.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />
<br />Jack - 4 yrs. His bmi has consistently been around 70%.
<br />He eats well and gains well. Praise the Lord!!
<br />
<br />My husband and I were both very thin growing up. I used to tell the drs a lot that they are not taking that into consideration. But my kids are able to be above the 50% for bmi even if my husband and I weren't.
<br />
<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, both with cf

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My daughter is 5. Her weight last clinic was 46 pounds, her BMI 86%. She does need the higher dose end of enzymes(always has for digestion). When maggie was 2 years old and having a bad flare-up of her CF she was really low on the weight percentile. Our CF nutritionist said it is very good to be tall when you have CF, more room for your lungs.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My daughter is 5. Her weight last clinic was 46 pounds, her BMI 86%. She does need the higher dose end of enzymes(always has for digestion). When maggie was 2 years old and having a bad flare-up of her CF she was really low on the weight percentile. Our CF nutritionist said it is very good to be tall when you have CF, more room for your lungs.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Pumpkinnut3

At 7 my daughter was 38lbs and 42inches..which is about a 15. She wasn't super skinny, just small, porportional. This was after having had a gtube for a year. My husband and I are both naturally thin as well.

Pumpkinnut3

At 7 my daughter was 38lbs and 42inches..which is about a 15. She wasn't super skinny, just small, porportional. This was after having had a gtube for a year. My husband and I are both naturally thin as well.

Pumpkinnut3

Pumpkinnut3

Pumpkinnut3