what do i do

PatrickM

I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time. Of course you feel depressed, sounds like it has been a lot to deal with and just overwhelming. I am the parent of a 13 year old with CF and he has had a really rough two years, and I have seen him go through emotions that at times may be similar to yours. I am very concerned you said you tried to kill yourself two times and that you feel bullied. I live in Massachusetts and a young girl here just killed herself after being bullied. Do you have an adult you trust to talk to? Is there someone who can listen to you and help you sort out your feelings? An antidepressant might also be something to consider. I know you probably don't want to add one more medication to the list but sometimes people find it helpful to get them through a tough time. If you are feeling that sad it might be worth trying. Do your parents know how sad you feel? Please talk to an adult you trust. I don't know if this helped you or not but I want you to know people do care. Please take care of yourself, you are worth being taken care of. Tara

PatrickM

I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time. Of course you feel depressed, sounds like it has been a lot to deal with and just overwhelming. I am the parent of a 13 year old with CF and he has had a really rough two years, and I have seen him go through emotions that at times may be similar to yours. I am very concerned you said you tried to kill yourself two times and that you feel bullied. I live in Massachusetts and a young girl here just killed herself after being bullied. Do you have an adult you trust to talk to? Is there someone who can listen to you and help you sort out your feelings? An antidepressant might also be something to consider. I know you probably don't want to add one more medication to the list but sometimes people find it helpful to get them through a tough time. If you are feeling that sad it might be worth trying. Do your parents know how sad you feel? Please talk to an adult you trust. I don't know if this helped you or not but I want you to know people do care. Please take care of yourself, you are worth being taken care of. Tara

PatrickM

PatrickM

PatrickM

browneyedgirl

I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I think I'm pretty close. I'm an 18 year old girl with cf too, who was diagnosed at 3 1/2. I never really went to high school.. I did a lot of tutoring because I couldn't get back where I was in school once I fell behind and I was so depressed that I didn't care and I really regret that now. It sucks not having a normal routine and going to see your friends everyday. You're lucky you stayed in a normal high school and got to have a graduation and go to prom, even if you had just gotten out of the hospital. I've honestly thought about killing myself many times, but I never tried it. The main thing that stopped me was thinking about my family and what I wanted to do and see before I die, theres just too much out there that I'm not willing to miss. Oh and screw the girl thats harassing you about some guy! that crap doesn't matter and she obviously doesn't know anything about life and death. Don't ever let anyone like that have any influence over your life. Having cf sucks, but I know it could be worse and I'm blessed that I have a family that cares and loves me. And I know there are people who love you and care very much about you, even if you can't see it, there are friends and family who would be devastated if you ever took your life. My cousin killed himself and left his wife and triplets here, it was horrible for everyone, but it was also kinda selfish...he wasn't sick or had a bad life, he was just depressed, and now his 3 kids are here without a father. That may not sound relevant to this subject, but I just think it shows that someone is always left behind, hurt, because that person took their life. And I don't want to do that... You don't really know when you will die, no one does, you could end up dying when your 90 or older. Just don't take your life for granted...sorry I've been rambling forever, but I know you will be okay if you don't give up. No matter what happens don't give up and you can get through this!

browneyedgirl

I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I think I'm pretty close. I'm an 18 year old girl with cf too, who was diagnosed at 3 1/2. I never really went to high school.. I did a lot of tutoring because I couldn't get back where I was in school once I fell behind and I was so depressed that I didn't care and I really regret that now. It sucks not having a normal routine and going to see your friends everyday. You're lucky you stayed in a normal high school and got to have a graduation and go to prom, even if you had just gotten out of the hospital. I've honestly thought about killing myself many times, but I never tried it. The main thing that stopped me was thinking about my family and what I wanted to do and see before I die, theres just too much out there that I'm not willing to miss. Oh and screw the girl thats harassing you about some guy! that crap doesn't matter and she obviously doesn't know anything about life and death. Don't ever let anyone like that have any influence over your life. Having cf sucks, but I know it could be worse and I'm blessed that I have a family that cares and loves me. And I know there are people who love you and care very much about you, even if you can't see it, there are friends and family who would be devastated if you ever took your life. My cousin killed himself and left his wife and triplets here, it was horrible for everyone, but it was also kinda selfish...he wasn't sick or had a bad life, he was just depressed, and now his 3 kids are here without a father. That may not sound relevant to this subject, but I just think it shows that someone is always left behind, hurt, because that person took their life. And I don't want to do that... You don't really know when you will die, no one does, you could end up dying when your 90 or older. Just don't take your life for granted...sorry I've been rambling forever, but I know you will be okay if you don't give up. No matter what happens don't give up and you can get through this!

browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl

tandcfishy3

Hey, I really feel strongly that you need to start all your medicine and treatments again. No matter what anyone thinks, there will be a cure soon enough. Life is worth living, you can still live your life to the fullest with CF, that is what i do! i really am interested in your case and i worry for you. Depression is common among CF patients. You need to not feel sorry for yourself, you could have cancer, you could be homeless, you could be in a natural disaster. THat is not fair to feel pity for yourself when you can control this! I can tell your strong, and i can tell that you need to stop. Im motivated for that, please message me whenever.. id really love to help you.

tandcfishy3

Hey, I really feel strongly that you need to start all your medicine and treatments again. No matter what anyone thinks, there will be a cure soon enough. Life is worth living, you can still live your life to the fullest with CF, that is what i do! i really am interested in your case and i worry for you. Depression is common among CF patients. You need to not feel sorry for yourself, you could have cancer, you could be homeless, you could be in a natural disaster. THat is not fair to feel pity for yourself when you can control this! I can tell your strong, and i can tell that you need to stop. Im motivated for that, please message me whenever.. id really love to help you.

tandcfishy3

tandcfishy3

tandcfishy3

I can almost completely understand what you're going through. I have depression. I havent done my treatments consistently in over a year. I've been in the hospital about 5-6 times in the last yr, which is highly unusual for me. I have alot of other family issues going on, my brother is depressed too and acts out alot and i know what he does is for attention but one time i walked upstairs and he was trying to hang himself,which was for attention but im scarred for life from that and im afraid to tell people about it. Anyway, my step mom also left last yr, real mom left when i was 3. And then, theres the worst part and that's CF. I feel like it doesnt matter how upbeat of a person you are, CF is always gonna be there to get you down sometimes. Its hard to deal with and i've not found a way to deal with it yet. You can try a psycologist(is for talking your problems out with) or psychiatrist(is usually just for prescribing meds) but make sure the psycologist is someone your comforatble with, mine has known me almost since birth. Anyway. I don't know how to help you. All I can say is think of those few things in life you have to live for. Your family. The people who you love so much. They're the ones that keep you going. And keep them in your mind everytime you just feel like death sounds like the best option. Cuz trust me i know sometimes it seems like its the best option, it definitely feels like it, but then I remember that I have my boyfriend, my dad,my brother, and my 4 yr old baby sister, my cousin and everyone else that mean the world to me. They're the reasons to keep going. I know with CF it seems like theres no end, there pretty much isnt but technologies are getting better, theyre coming close to something that can cure the DF508 mutation. So just keep fighting because one day it will all be worth it. I really hope I helped, if I didn't well sorry for making you read this really really long post.

I can almost completely understand what you're going through. I have depression. I havent done my treatments consistently in over a year. I've been in the hospital about 5-6 times in the last yr, which is highly unusual for me. I have alot of other family issues going on, my brother is depressed too and acts out alot and i know what he does is for attention but one time i walked upstairs and he was trying to hang himself,which was for attention but im scarred for life from that and im afraid to tell people about it. Anyway, my step mom also left last yr, real mom left when i was 3. And then, theres the worst part and that's CF. I feel like it doesnt matter how upbeat of a person you are, CF is always gonna be there to get you down sometimes. Its hard to deal with and i've not found a way to deal with it yet. You can try a psycologist(is for talking your problems out with) or psychiatrist(is usually just for prescribing meds) but make sure the psycologist is someone your comforatble with, mine has known me almost since birth. Anyway. I don't know how to help you. All I can say is think of those few things in life you have to live for. Your family. The people who you love so much. They're the ones that keep you going. And keep them in your mind everytime you just feel like death sounds like the best option. Cuz trust me i know sometimes it seems like its the best option, it definitely feels like it, but then I remember that I have my boyfriend, my dad,my brother, and my 4 yr old baby sister, my cousin and everyone else that mean the world to me. They're the reasons to keep going. I know with CF it seems like theres no end, there pretty much isnt but technologies are getting better, theyre coming close to something that can cure the DF508 mutation. So just keep fighting because one day it will all be worth it. I really hope I helped, if I didn't well sorry for making you read this really really long post.