WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT YOUR CLINIC?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We love our clinic now. Over the past 17 years we have seen huge changes at Boston CHildrens (all good).

Here's a few of the highlights:

-CFers get a fast pass for any proceedure or exams done outside the CF clinic (x-rays, CT, ENT) which gets them out of the waiting room and into a clean, private place while waiting. Even the wait time is shorter.

-Blood work, nutrition consults, psych, RT, endocrine, PFTs are all brought into the exam room to keep patients apart.

-Everyone is gowned and gloved all the time.

-There is purell at every door and counter.

-There is a full time matron to clean rooms, railings, buttons, door knobs etc.

-TVs in every exam room.

-we never see another patient in the clinic.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
We love our clinic now. Over the past 17 years we have seen huge changes at Boston CHildrens (all good).

-CFers get a fast pass for any proceedure or exams done outside the CF clinic (x-rays, CT, ENT) which gets them out of the waiting room and into a clean, private place while waiting. Even the wait time is shorter.

-Blood work, nutrition consults, psych, RT, endocrine, PFTs are all brought into the exam room to keep patients apart.

-TVs in every exam room.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

-TVs in every exam room.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

-TVs in every exam room.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />Here's a few of the highlights:
<br />
<br />-CFers get a fast pass for any proceedure or exams done outside the CF clinic (x-rays, CT, ENT) which gets them out of the waiting room and into a clean, private place while waiting. Even the wait time is shorter.
<br />
<br />-Blood work, nutrition consults, psych, RT, endocrine, PFTs are all brought into the exam room to keep patients apart.
<br />
<br />-Everyone is gowned and gloved all the time.
<br />
<br />-There is purell at every door and counter.
<br />
<br />-There is a full time matron to clean rooms, railings, buttons, door knobs etc.
<br />
<br />-TVs in every exam room.
<br />
<br />-we never see another patient in the clinic.

M

Mommafirst

My husband and I recently were asked to join our parent advisory board too (CF Family Council). Its been a great experience so far.

I really like our CF doctors. The one we use and the ones I have had to use for non-scheduled visits and hospital stuff. Our director is young and very interested in the big CF picture. He comes (with his wife who is also a CF doctor at a different hospital) to all the fundraising events, to the Family Council meetings, and knows who we are by name. We have just over 200 adult and ped patients, but there is a very personal touch -- the secretaries, receptionists, office workers, nurses, etc. all know us by name -- even when you run into them at a fundraiser.

Our clinic is pretty aggressive, especially with preventative care. I appreciate that.

The thing that most impresses me is that they hold themselves accountable to make the center better every year. They transparently share the center data with all CF families and offer no excuses when the numbers aren't good enough, only ideas and motivation to make them better.

M

Mommafirst

My husband and I recently were asked to join our parent advisory board too (CF Family Council). Its been a great experience so far.

I really like our CF doctors. The one we use and the ones I have had to use for non-scheduled visits and hospital stuff. Our director is young and very interested in the big CF picture. He comes (with his wife who is also a CF doctor at a different hospital) to all the fundraising events, to the Family Council meetings, and knows who we are by name. We have just over 200 adult and ped patients, but there is a very personal touch -- the secretaries, receptionists, office workers, nurses, etc. all know us by name -- even when you run into them at a fundraiser.

Our clinic is pretty aggressive, especially with preventative care. I appreciate that.

The thing that most impresses me is that they hold themselves accountable to make the center better every year. They transparently share the center data with all CF families and offer no excuses when the numbers aren't good enough, only ideas and motivation to make them better.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I really like our CF doctors. The one we use and the ones I have had to use for non-scheduled visits and hospital stuff. Our director is young and very interested in the big CF picture. He comes (with his wife who is also a CF doctor at a different hospital) to all the fundraising events, to the Family Council meetings, and knows who we are by name. We have just over 200 adult and ped patients, but there is a very personal touch -- the secretaries, receptionists, office workers, nurses, etc. all know us by name -- even when you run into them at a fundraiser.
<br />
<br />Our clinic is pretty aggressive, especially with preventative care. I appreciate that.
<br />
<br />The thing that most impresses me is that they hold themselves accountable to make the center better every year. They transparently share the center data with all CF families and offer no excuses when the numbers aren't good enough, only ideas and motivation to make them better.

B

brewz2

As small as it may sound, having a tv in each room would be wonderful - especially for the little ones. Both of our kids are seen at the same time, and sometimes it gets really hard to control them - they just start to feed off of each other, and then by the time the doctors come in, it's hard to pay attention/concentrate to what the doctor is saying. We always go as a family when it comes time for their appointments, and you'd think that between the two of us we could control them, but they're kids, and they'll only sit still and quiet for so long. It would be nice if one of us (adults) could go somewhere quiet with the doctor to go over everything at the end.

B

brewz2

As small as it may sound, having a tv in each room would be wonderful - especially for the little ones. Both of our kids are seen at the same time, and sometimes it gets really hard to control them - they just start to feed off of each other, and then by the time the doctors come in, it's hard to pay attention/concentrate to what the doctor is saying. We always go as a family when it comes time for their appointments, and you'd think that between the two of us we could control them, but they're kids, and they'll only sit still and quiet for so long. It would be nice if one of us (adults) could go somewhere quiet with the doctor to go over everything at the end.

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

C

Cherylwithone

We use the same clinic as Jane and her boys. We love it. You could'nt ask for a better staff and like Jane says if you have cf you have a speed pass. You just zoom which is great. Even if we use another department like cardio or GI we don't sit with anyone.

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

We use the same clinic as Jane and her boys. We love it. You could'nt ask for a better staff and like Jane says if you have cf you have a speed pass. You just zoom which is great. Even if we use another department like cardio or GI we don't sit with anyone.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf