What is Double DF508?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
For someone to have CF, their parents have to each carry one copy of the gene which causes it. My husband and I each are carriers of the delta f508 gene. There are thousands of other mutations, delta f508 is one of the most common.

It's also referred to as homozygous delta f508 -- homozygous meaning two copies.

Our son was born with meconium illeus -- bowel obstruction, etc. Is pancreatic insufficient and therefore requires digestive enzymes with most foods.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
For someone to have CF, their parents have to each carry one copy of the gene which causes it. My husband and I each are carriers of the delta f508 gene. There are thousands of other mutations, delta f508 is one of the most common.

It's also referred to as homozygous delta f508 -- homozygous meaning two copies.

Our son was born with meconium illeus -- bowel obstruction, etc. Is pancreatic insufficient and therefore requires digestive enzymes with most foods.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jbrandonAW</b></i>

(it is one of the worst genes to get)</end quote></div>

I've heard that many times before... and still wonder why people say it?

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jbrandonAW</b></i>

(it is one of the worst genes to get)</end quote></div>

I've heard that many times before... and still wonder why people say it?