What is the point of the CF nurse?

AnD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Then, this morning, I called the nurse because the meds were totally messed up. The resident specifically stated to Dh that he prescribed them as 'via g-tube' so that the pharmacy would dispense them in liquid form. Instead, we were given adult dose pills. Even the prevacid was given as a pill versus the solutab he's been on. </end quote></div>

I would double check with the pharmacy and see (first check your prescription labels) if the original script actually said "via g tube". If it does, then the pharmacy has messed up and should replace your meds. The OTC vitamins they should take back and refund you, too, if it says "via g tube". Get a hold of the resident if you can and have him call the pharmacy- he should have an office number that you can get and be transferred to via the hospital receptionist.

And for the nurse, document, document, document everything you call about and what she tells you, times and dates, and report it to the doctor, and have copies for him. I would even schedule a meeting with the clinic director- I've done this about a <i>doctor </i>I didn't want on my case when I was in the hospital. I'm sure you aren't the only one who has had problems with a nurse who is that big of a jerk. Good luck!

AnD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Then, this morning, I called the nurse because the meds were totally messed up. The resident specifically stated to Dh that he prescribed them as 'via g-tube' so that the pharmacy would dispense them in liquid form. Instead, we were given adult dose pills. Even the prevacid was given as a pill versus the solutab he's been on. </end quote></div>

I would double check with the pharmacy and see (first check your prescription labels) if the original script actually said "via g tube". If it does, then the pharmacy has messed up and should replace your meds. The OTC vitamins they should take back and refund you, too, if it says "via g tube". Get a hold of the resident if you can and have him call the pharmacy- he should have an office number that you can get and be transferred to via the hospital receptionist.

And for the nurse, document, document, document everything you call about and what she tells you, times and dates, and report it to the doctor, and have copies for him. I would even schedule a meeting with the clinic director- I've done this about a <i>doctor </i>I didn't want on my case when I was in the hospital. I'm sure you aren't the only one who has had problems with a nurse who is that big of a jerk. Good luck!

AnD

AnD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Then, this morning, I called the nurse because the meds were totally messed up. The resident specifically stated to Dh that he prescribed them as 'via g-tube' so that the pharmacy would dispense them in liquid form. Instead, we were given adult dose pills. Even the prevacid was given as a pill versus the solutab he's been on. </end quote>

AnD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Then, this morning, I called the nurse because the meds were totally messed up. The resident specifically stated to Dh that he prescribed them as 'via g-tube' so that the pharmacy would dispense them in liquid form. Instead, we were given adult dose pills. Even the prevacid was given as a pill versus the solutab he's been on. </end quote>
<br />
<br />I would double check with the pharmacy and see (first check your prescription labels) if the original script actually said "via g tube". If it does, then the pharmacy has messed up and should replace your meds. The OTC vitamins they should take back and refund you, too, if it says "via g tube". Get a hold of the resident if you can and have him call the pharmacy- he should have an office number that you can get and be transferred to via the hospital receptionist.
<br />
<br />And for the nurse, document, document, document everything you call about and what she tells you, times and dates, and report it to the doctor, and have copies for him. I would even schedule a meeting with the clinic director- I've done this about a <i>doctor </i>I didn't want on my case when I was in the hospital. I'm sure you aren't the only one who has had problems with a nurse who is that big of a jerk. Good luck!

TestifyToLove

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I would double check with the pharmacy and see (first check your prescription labels) if the original script actually said "via g tube".</end quote></div>

Yup, everyone of the labels says "via g-tube" on the label. I personally would have never walked out the pharmacy door with a bunch of OTC adult vitamins. Dh was stressed and tired and didn't even look in the bag until he got home. The Citrocel is even enteric coated. Dh says we should just let him swallow one of those to prove it comes out whole the other side.

TestifyToLove

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I would double check with the pharmacy and see (first check your prescription labels) if the original script actually said "via g tube".</end quote></div>

Yup, everyone of the labels says "via g-tube" on the label. I personally would have never walked out the pharmacy door with a bunch of OTC adult vitamins. Dh was stressed and tired and didn't even look in the bag until he got home. The Citrocel is even enteric coated. Dh says we should just let him swallow one of those to prove it comes out whole the other side.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I would double check with the pharmacy and see (first check your prescription labels) if the original script actually said "via g tube".</end quote>

TestifyToLove

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>I would double check with the pharmacy and see (first check your prescription labels) if the original script actually said "via g tube".</end quote>
<br />
<br />Yup, everyone of the labels says "via g-tube" on the label. I personally would have never walked out the pharmacy door with a bunch of OTC adult vitamins. Dh was stressed and tired and didn't even look in the bag until he got home. The Citrocel is even enteric coated. Dh says we should just let him swallow one of those to prove it comes out whole the other side.

JazzysMom

I would be lost without my CF Nurse. She is my liason & if she is not available I go to the Social Worker.

If there is a problem getting my appts at the requested times (because I live so far away) I contact her & she gets it arranged.

I hardly speak with the doctor directly unless its really complicated or I am really freaking out.

You have every right to expect the Nurse to be a liason & to raise a beef over the happenings.

If she cant handle the position then she needs to get out of the job!

Good Luck....

JazzysMom

I would be lost without my CF Nurse. She is my liason & if she is not available I go to the Social Worker.

If there is a problem getting my appts at the requested times (because I live so far away) I contact her & she gets it arranged.

I hardly speak with the doctor directly unless its really complicated or I am really freaking out.

You have every right to expect the Nurse to be a liason & to raise a beef over the happenings.

Good Luck....

JazzysMom

Good Luck....

JazzysMom

Good Luck....

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />If there is a problem getting my appts at the requested times (because I live so far away) I contact her & she gets it arranged.
<br />
<br />I hardly speak with the doctor directly unless its really complicated or I am really freaking out.
<br />
<br />You have every right to expect the Nurse to be a liason & to raise a beef over the happenings.
<br />
<br />If she cant handle the position then she needs to get out of the job!
<br />
<br />Good Luck....

jaazavala

I have not had time to read every post so someone may have already said this but next time you speak with the doc. I would address the problem. Tell him exactly what happened and who you are supposed to talk to when you have a problem that cannot wait untill next visit.

jaazavala

I have not had time to read every post so someone may have already said this but next time you speak with the doc. I would address the problem. Tell him exactly what happened and who you are supposed to talk to when you have a problem that cannot wait untill next visit.

jaazavala

jaazavala

jaazavala