What's lowest sweat test result,but was still DX w/CF thru genetic testing

Alyssa

ok, here is all I've come up with so far for infiltrate --

Main Entry: 2infiltrate
Function: noun
: something that passes or is caused to pass into or through something by permeating or filtering; especially : a substance that passes into the bodily tissues and forms an abnormal accumulation <a lung infiltrate>

Sounds to me like a fancy way to say "a spot on the lung tissue"

Alyssa

: something that passes or is caused to pass into or through something by permeating or filtering; especially : a substance that passes into the bodily tissues and forms an abnormal accumulation <a lung infiltrate>

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

AlexsMom

the doc.never called me personally w/the results of the CT scan-my new pediatrician called me after talking to him after we had it done-Alexandra has now been found to also have pectus excavtum ,so their main reasoning in having the CT done was to rule out that her abnormally shaped thoracic cage was not affecting lung function- So my answer on her CT from the docs was it was negative concerning that- I picked it up to see what else it stated-I was just told that her CT was negative-I've learned you have to double-check everything-I try not to leave any room for error. Thanks for your support and feedback- I talked to pulmos. nurse and demanded Ambry-she just called back and said it would be Monday before she would talk to him ,but she paged him w/my request and not heard from as of yet and she was leaving for the day- I did throw in your what's really the deal? We're paying for it. She couldn't argue w/that,for once, and I quoted your Cf can act like Cf,too. I wasn't being rude, just matter of fact-she agreed.

AlexsMom

the doc.never called me personally w/the results of the CT scan-my new pediatrician called me after talking to him after we had it done-Alexandra has now been found to also have pectus excavtum ,so their main reasoning in having the CT done was to rule out that her abnormally shaped thoracic cage was not affecting lung function- So my answer on her CT from the docs was it was negative concerning that- I picked it up to see what else it stated-I was just told that her CT was negative-I've learned you have to double-check everything-I try not to leave any room for error. Thanks for your support and feedback- I talked to pulmos. nurse and demanded Ambry-she just called back and said it would be Monday before she would talk to him ,but she paged him w/my request and not heard from as of yet and she was leaving for the day- I did throw in your what's really the deal? We're paying for it. She couldn't argue w/that,for once, and I quoted your Cf can act like Cf,too. I wasn't being rude, just matter of fact-she agreed.

AlexsMom

AlexsMom

AlexsMom

mom2lillian

alexsmom-good for you! You must insist.

To answer your CT questions all that mumbo jumbo means is there are some spots showing damage in lungs. Now that could be spots of mucous (temporary), scar tissue from infection, plugs etc. It is all very common in a CF lung CT scan, I am not sure about how normal it is in other lung issues.

please keep us posted

mom2lillian

To answer your CT questions all that mumbo jumbo means is there are some spots showing damage in lungs. Now that could be spots of mucous (temporary), scar tissue from infection, plugs etc. It is all very common in a CF lung CT scan, I am not sure about how normal it is in other lung issues.

please keep us posted

mom2lillian

please keep us posted

mom2lillian

please keep us posted

mom2lillian

please keep us posted