When It Rains....It POURS......

clawson5104

THANKS A BUNCH EVERYBODY......
SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR A FEW DAYS....BEEN BUSY.

hubby is doing a little better feverwise......other stuff....not improving much. all 4 of my boys are sick now. two older ones "feel" a little better, but have productive coughs, and LOWER fevers. Wade is pretty much the same, fever, constant cough. so far devan has fever only. so we will see. all of them on antibiotics, and tylenol. and wade's breathing treatments increased.

that's all for now.......our area has a severe flu/pneumonia going around. very few kids at school last couple days from what i hear. and my extended family members are pretty much all sick too. so USE THE HANDGEL AND LYSOL!!!! and break out the masks!!! lol.

and no surgery for me.....postpone till everybody heals up and "re-do" paperwork.

but hey i haven't caught the BUGS yet..........thanks for the prayer though!!!!

i'll update in a few days......

clawson5104

hubby is doing a little better feverwise......other stuff....not improving much. all 4 of my boys are sick now. two older ones "feel" a little better, but have productive coughs, and LOWER fevers. Wade is pretty much the same, fever, constant cough. so far devan has fever only. so we will see. all of them on antibiotics, and tylenol. and wade's breathing treatments increased.

that's all for now.......our area has a severe flu/pneumonia going around. very few kids at school last couple days from what i hear. and my extended family members are pretty much all sick too. so USE THE HANDGEL AND LYSOL!!!! and break out the masks!!! lol.

and no surgery for me.....postpone till everybody heals up and "re-do" paperwork.

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

Hi everybody! Well, I figured I'd update everybody on the clinic I'm running here....lol. Actually, the hubby and 3 of the boys are doing really good. Wade, well, I dont know how to describe him. So, bear with me....maybe someone here knows about this stuff.

Wade is NOT fevered. good thing. Is NOT coughing as often, but when he does,,,it's rough......not sure if that's a good thing or not.....like to see him clear it out. When I listen to his lungs, the left sounds normal for him,,,but the right has a high pitched wheezing to it. He IS NOT eating. He isn't a very good eater anyways, but literally, NOT eating. I would say he has ate one reese cup, 15 lays chips, 1/2 popcorn, 1/2 fudge round lunchcake, 1/2 tsp mashed potatoes, 1 popsicle, and that's it in 6 days. seriously. this kid NEVER passes up french fries, sloppy joes, ramen noodles, bologna....and cheese slices....he wont touch any of it. we just let him go thru the fridge, and cabinets and he picks out stuff, and then won't touch it.

He is doing his treatments great, taking his singulair great, but spits out vitamins, and prevacid. I CANNOT get him to take either at all.

It took us a year to get 1lb on him. and the last two times he went to the doctor (one week apart) he had lost that pound. He usually is ALWAYS in trouble.....jumping off furniture, chasing and hitting brothers, throwing stuff.......I like the break, but he only plays about 15 minutes at a time, and it's sitting in the floor with tractor and truck and trains, etc. not running.....like usual.
He is still drinking, and peeing though.....so that's good. but he just isn't normal for WADE.

He also has these little knots behind his ears, a yr ago, I mentioned this and docs said, their okay.....most little ones have them. well, maybe because he's lost weight, but one truly seems bigger to me. and yesterday he hit his nose, nosebleed. today he was just sitting there, nosebleed. we've had nosebleed problems for a long time, but bloodwork was okay last time i complained, and it was addressed as part of allergies, ,,, he takes singulair. i donno.

sorry this is so long, i am just nervous. i am trying to trust my mommy instincts,,,,something's not right,,,,,,, but since atypical CF diagnosis I seem to be jumpy about everything. not panic....just jumpy.

so thanks for letting me vent, any advice or comments are welcome, and as always grateful for prayers.

clawson5104

Hi everybody! Well, I figured I'd update everybody on the clinic I'm running here....lol. Actually, the hubby and 3 of the boys are doing really good. Wade, well, I dont know how to describe him. So, bear with me....maybe someone here knows about this stuff.

Wade is NOT fevered. good thing. Is NOT coughing as often, but when he does,,,it's rough......not sure if that's a good thing or not.....like to see him clear it out. When I listen to his lungs, the left sounds normal for him,,,but the right has a high pitched wheezing to it. He IS NOT eating. He isn't a very good eater anyways, but literally, NOT eating. I would say he has ate one reese cup, 15 lays chips, 1/2 popcorn, 1/2 fudge round lunchcake, 1/2 tsp mashed potatoes, 1 popsicle, and that's it in 6 days. seriously. this kid NEVER passes up french fries, sloppy joes, ramen noodles, bologna....and cheese slices....he wont touch any of it. we just let him go thru the fridge, and cabinets and he picks out stuff, and then won't touch it.

He is doing his treatments great, taking his singulair great, but spits out vitamins, and prevacid. I CANNOT get him to take either at all.

It took us a year to get 1lb on him. and the last two times he went to the doctor (one week apart) he had lost that pound. He usually is ALWAYS in trouble.....jumping off furniture, chasing and hitting brothers, throwing stuff.......I like the break, but he only plays about 15 minutes at a time, and it's sitting in the floor with tractor and truck and trains, etc. not running.....like usual.
He is still drinking, and peeing though.....so that's good. but he just isn't normal for WADE.

He also has these little knots behind his ears, a yr ago, I mentioned this and docs said, their okay.....most little ones have them. well, maybe because he's lost weight, but one truly seems bigger to me. and yesterday he hit his nose, nosebleed. today he was just sitting there, nosebleed. we've had nosebleed problems for a long time, but bloodwork was okay last time i complained, and it was addressed as part of allergies, ,,, he takes singulair. i donno.

sorry this is so long, i am just nervous. i am trying to trust my mommy instincts,,,,something's not right,,,,,,, but since atypical CF diagnosis I seem to be jumpy about everything. not panic....just jumpy.

so thanks for letting me vent, any advice or comments are welcome, and as always grateful for prayers.

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Carrie,

Could you bring him into the clinic and have them take a look at him and listen to his lungs? If you feel something isn't right, I say listen to yourself. In the past, when are family is hit by a bunch of respiratory crap, I make them culture Maggie cause I'm afraid she might have caught something from us. Do you think he needs antibiotics for the cough? Not sure what else to add except from what happens to Maggie; if she is coughing, and her appetite is decreased, she usually needs to be hit with the antibiotics ; then her appetite comes back cause she's not fighting off the bacteria. Course, she usually gets diahrea from the antibiotics. I always hate taking Maggie to the doc, cause I'm afraid she'll just catch something else, sometimes you just need to bring them in and make sure they don't touch anything in the office. Oh, and Maggie has needed antibiotics even when she doesn't have a fever but her cough is bronchial.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Carrie,

Could you bring him into the clinic and have them take a look at him and listen to his lungs? If you feel something isn't right, I say listen to yourself. In the past, when are family is hit by a bunch of respiratory crap, I make them culture Maggie cause I'm afraid she might have caught something from us. Do you think he needs antibiotics for the cough? Not sure what else to add except from what happens to Maggie; if she is coughing, and her appetite is decreased, she usually needs to be hit with the antibiotics ; then her appetite comes back cause she's not fighting off the bacteria. Course, she usually gets diahrea from the antibiotics. I always hate taking Maggie to the doc, cause I'm afraid she'll just catch something else, sometimes you just need to bring them in and make sure they don't touch anything in the office. Oh, and Maggie has needed antibiotics even when she doesn't have a fever but her cough is bronchial.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Carrie,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Carrie,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Carrie,

JORDYSMOM

Well, you know those mommy instincts are usually right. His lack of energy could just be from lack of nutrition, and that he's still fighting some infection. I know there's usually a fever with an infection, but not always. If you are hearing a wheezing in his lungs, then I'd be concerned about pneumonia. Are you sure the wheezing is in the lungs, and not in the bronchial tubes? Is he asthmatic?

I think you should call the clinic. The doctor should listen to him, or do an xray to see what's going on in there. If it's nothing, great. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I'm sure you do feel as though you are running a clinic. It's been like that at my house. I've had to write down who gets what meds at what times just to keep up with it lately. I'm sure you have considered all that I've mentioned here, so the only other thing I can offer you is that prayer you mentioned. I hope your little man is back to his usual self very soon. Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Well, you know those mommy instincts are usually right. His lack of energy could just be from lack of nutrition, and that he's still fighting some infection. I know there's usually a fever with an infection, but not always. If you are hearing a wheezing in his lungs, then I'd be concerned about pneumonia. Are you sure the wheezing is in the lungs, and not in the bronchial tubes? Is he asthmatic?

I think you should call the clinic. The doctor should listen to him, or do an xray to see what's going on in there. If it's nothing, great. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I'm sure you do feel as though you are running a clinic. It's been like that at my house. I've had to write down who gets what meds at what times just to keep up with it lately. I'm sure you have considered all that I've mentioned here, so the only other thing I can offer you is that prayer you mentioned. I hope your little man is back to his usual self very soon. Keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey