When It Rains....It POURS......

clawson5104

thanks for the comments.......yes, wade is asthmatic. he is on pulmocort twice a day and xopenex twice a day.....increase as needed.....and for the past 3 weeks,,,,increased. he was on zithromax all week last week. finished that.....1 1/2 before augmention. :). I live 2 1/2 hrs from our cf clinic, but i am gonna call them here in a minute. (will update on that later.) and his ped is out until monday. after posting a while ago.....he played HARD for about 10 minutes, then fell asleep with 3 minutes. slept about 10 minutes, and now is "moping" around. keep with the comments, and definitely the prayers.....thanks....

clawson5104

thanks for the comments.......yes, wade is asthmatic. he is on pulmocort twice a day and xopenex twice a day.....increase as needed.....and for the past 3 weeks,,,,increased. he was on zithromax all week last week. finished that.....1 1/2 before augmention. :). I live 2 1/2 hrs from our cf clinic, but i am gonna call them here in a minute. (will update on that later.) and his ped is out until monday. after posting a while ago.....he played HARD for about 10 minutes, then fell asleep with 3 minutes. slept about 10 minutes, and now is "moping" around. keep with the comments, and definitely the prayers.....thanks....

clawson5104

clawson5104

clawson5104

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS rarely coughs and when he does, even when I've taken him to the doctor -- you know how it goes, he won't cough for them. Anyway, a couple years ago DS was coughing off an on, no fever, was still active, eating was so-so. We were at a regular CF clinic appointment and I had mentioned the cough -- chesty sorta thing and of course he didn't cough 'til we were packing up to leave. The doctor said, wait a minute -- that doesn't sound to good and put him on cipro. 'Course then that night in the hotel he coughed most of the night. So it was a good thing he started on antibiotics and by the next day he was eating better, cough cleared up in a couple of days...

Since then we're under instructions to CALL should he develop that sort of cough.

Oh and I seem to recall thinking -- how could he be sick with anything, he's practically glowing. He's on zithromax full time, was on his tobi nebs and he keflex for a maintenance med.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS rarely coughs and when he does, even when I've taken him to the doctor -- you know how it goes, he won't cough for them. Anyway, a couple years ago DS was coughing off an on, no fever, was still active, eating was so-so. We were at a regular CF clinic appointment and I had mentioned the cough -- chesty sorta thing and of course he didn't cough 'til we were packing up to leave. The doctor said, wait a minute -- that doesn't sound to good and put him on cipro. 'Course then that night in the hotel he coughed most of the night. So it was a good thing he started on antibiotics and by the next day he was eating better, cough cleared up in a couple of days...

Since then we're under instructions to CALL should he develop that sort of cough.

Oh and I seem to recall thinking -- how could he be sick with anything, he's practically glowing. He's on zithromax full time, was on his tobi nebs and he keflex for a maintenance med.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Just wanted to add that with CF, a course of antibiotics for my daughter anyway is 14 days. Maggie has even needed one month of antibiotics to completely clear her cough(though she cultures MRSA and more recently regular staph areus). My point is for my other family members usually we are on anti's for 7-10 days. Cf'ers just need a longer course of anti's , not sure of the exact reason.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Just wanted to add that with CF, a course of antibiotics for my daughter anyway is 14 days. Maggie has even needed one month of antibiotics to completely clear her cough(though she cultures MRSA and more recently regular staph areus). My point is for my other family members usually we are on anti's for 7-10 days. Cf'ers just need a longer course of anti's , not sure of the exact reason.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator