When it's time for a tune up...

KrazyKat

I've been in hospital twice in my life - once when 5 yrs old for 5 days and once two years ago for 4 days.......IV's at home for me always. i can't sleep in hospital, horrible sounds, smells, sights put me off my food too, plus the food is so bad I woudn't feed it to pigs!! I know they do their best buy i'm a fussy eater, plus i miss my cats something terrible.
At home I live alone, do all my own treatments, never miss them, i also do all my own housework, cook all my meals every night and day, do all my own housework, plus i live on a lifestyle block of land so do all my own landscaping and garden maintenance as well on a 3/4 acre block.
I also continue to work full time while on IV's as I get too bored at home and need something to keep me focused and positive, although due to the schedule of three daily IV treatments, i work only about 6 1/2 hr days when sick - is it all tiring?? hell yes, but for me it is the best way to deal with it. I'm sure there will come a time when i get nasty infections that knock me off my feet so for now, i'll do as much as i can, while i can.

KrazyKat

I've been in hospital twice in my life - once when 5 yrs old for 5 days and once two years ago for 4 days.......IV's at home for me always. i can't sleep in hospital, horrible sounds, smells, sights put me off my food too, plus the food is so bad I woudn't feed it to pigs!! I know they do their best buy i'm a fussy eater, plus i miss my cats something terrible.
At home I live alone, do all my own treatments, never miss them, i also do all my own housework, cook all my meals every night and day, do all my own housework, plus i live on a lifestyle block of land so do all my own landscaping and garden maintenance as well on a 3/4 acre block.
I also continue to work full time while on IV's as I get too bored at home and need something to keep me focused and positive, although due to the schedule of three daily IV treatments, i work only about 6 1/2 hr days when sick - is it all tiring?? hell yes, but for me it is the best way to deal with it. I'm sure there will come a time when i get nasty infections that knock me off my feet so for now, i'll do as much as i can, while i can.

Justsmurfin

I don't have a choice. I have multiple, severe drug allergies and I have yet to find a doctor willing to let me do IVs at home based on my history!

Justsmurfin

I don't have a choice. I have multiple, severe drug allergies and I have yet to find a doctor willing to let me do IVs at home based on my history!

Justsmurfin

Rokiss12

my old doctor preffered that i stay at home as long as possible. my current one likes me to stay in the hospital as long as i can take it. its annoying when im there because im not allowed to leave my room (because i have MRSA....its my doctors rules, not the hospitals), and i dont eat as much at the hospital because the food is SO bad.

so our argument to getting out is usually taht im more inclined to eat and do my treatments with a smile at home...that usually gets them! hehe

Rokiss12

my old doctor preffered that i stay at home as long as possible. my current one likes me to stay in the hospital as long as i can take it. its annoying when im there because im not allowed to leave my room (because i have MRSA....its my doctors rules, not the hospitals), and i dont eat as much at the hospital because the food is SO bad.

so our argument to getting out is usually taht im more inclined to eat and do my treatments with a smile at home...that usually gets them! hehe

Rokiss12

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>

Honestly I have never stayed at home when doing them at home I always go back to work too (except when I was pregnant). Does anyoen else do this or have you done it? How bad is it?.</end quote></div>

My doctor would shoot me if I did that. One of the reasons, in addition to everything else I posted above, that he likes to keep us in for 14 days. We won't sneak out to work and we give our bodies the opportunity to rest.

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>

Honestly I have never stayed at home when doing them at home I always go back to work too (except when I was pregnant). Does anyoen else do this or have you done it? How bad is it?.</end quote></div>

My doctor would shoot me if I did that. One of the reasons, in addition to everything else I posted above, that he likes to keep us in for 14 days. We won't sneak out to work and we give our bodies the opportunity to rest.

NoExcuses

Diane

I do my iv's at home and do everything as normally as i would always do. Like Nicole, i go to work, do my shopping, hang out with my friends only difference is, i do it all with an iv. The idea of sitting at home doing nothing makes little sense to me unless i am SO sick i cant do anything, in that case i would rest as much as possible, but the faster i am up and about, the better. I hate being in the hospital because of germs and nurses inconsistancies, and inadequate care. The hospital to me is the filthiest place to be. I generally only agree to go in if i am having hemoptysis problems.

Diane

I do my iv's at home and do everything as normally as i would always do. Like Nicole, i go to work, do my shopping, hang out with my friends only difference is, i do it all with an iv. The idea of sitting at home doing nothing makes little sense to me unless i am SO sick i cant do anything, in that case i would rest as much as possible, but the faster i am up and about, the better. I hate being in the hospital because of germs and nurses inconsistancies, and inadequate care. The hospital to me is the filthiest place to be. I generally only agree to go in if i am having hemoptysis problems.

Diane

Emily65Roses

Just to chime in... I do a lot of the same stuff I do when I'm not on IVs. I go to class if need be, etc. But I will say that I do find myself sleeping a lot. So I guess I kind of give it a 50/50. I do the stuff I need to, but then I go home and sleep extra. Haha.

Emily65Roses

Just to chime in... I do a lot of the same stuff I do when I'm not on IVs. I go to class if need be, etc. But I will say that I do find myself sleeping a lot. So I guess I kind of give it a 50/50. I do the stuff I need to, but then I go home and sleep extra. Haha.

Emily65Roses

shauna

my doctor wont let me go home because he knows i'll do too much and wont stop myself from going out

bahhhhh

my hospitals not so bad though- i know i need to be in there to get the best care because when im out i just cant say NO

shauna

my doctor wont let me go home because he knows i'll do too much and wont stop myself from going out

bahhhhh

my hospitals not so bad though- i know i need to be in there to get the best care because when im out i just cant say NO

shauna

bahhhhh