When needing a picc?

M

MCGrad2006

That has happened to me before too and I go to a HUUUUUUUGE hospital. I had problems with the regular IV and it took a few days to get a new PICC. I think I have also had problems with Midlines too and it still took a few days to fix.

As far as the Xray...some hospitals also have an ultrasound machine they use to see where the good veins are before they even start the procedure. And the last time I was in, they brought the Xray machine to me AFTER the picc was placed.

M

MCGrad2006

That has happened to me before too and I go to a HUUUUUUUGE hospital. I had problems with the regular IV and it took a few days to get a new PICC. I think I have also had problems with Midlines too and it still took a few days to fix.

As far as the Xray...some hospitals also have an ultrasound machine they use to see where the good veins are before they even start the procedure. And the last time I was in, they brought the Xray machine to me AFTER the picc was placed.

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

<br />
<br />As far as the Xray...some hospitals also have an ultrasound machine they use to see where the good veins are before they even start the procedure. And the last time I was in, they brought the Xray machine to me AFTER the picc was placed.

S

all my picc's are put in down in radiology. they do it in the fluoroscopy area and it is an actual doctor that puts it in, no crappy nurses that fail at it more than succeed. they used to inject a dye and then use the large xray to see the veins all lit up. now they just use ultrasound and pop it right in within a minute or two, then use the xray to check placement.

S

all my picc's are put in down in radiology. they do it in the fluoroscopy area and it is an actual doctor that puts it in, no crappy nurses that fail at it more than succeed. they used to inject a dye and then use the large xray to see the veins all lit up. now they just use ultrasound and pop it right in within a minute or two, then use the xray to check placement.

S

S

S

stanntn

Are you kidding me. I've been getting these things for over ten years. The old way with the nurse just sitting there doing it and you go to ex ray and then leave was cool.

Now, the Doctors have figured out how they can get big money for a simple thing. The last one I had used a guide wire and jammed it into my nurve. I have big veins and this was not necessary. He was mad at me for asking him not to stich the thing to my arm because I have a latex alergy and after ten days the ambiotic fluid starts coming out of my skin if the plastic is touching it. This was almost a year ago and my two middle fingers are still tingling as I'm typing this.
I miss the nurses that actually cared how I felt rather than the Dr. that cared more about getting the most money he could and doing it his way or I was going to feel as much pain as he could find for me.
sorry, I'm still mad about that.
they used to charge my insurance about 180 to put it in, now it's close to 4000. it was one nurse, now it's a dr. a two radioligist and two assistants. oh, of course the ex ray machine and the ultrasound equipment that could be used on someone who actually needs it.

stanntn

Are you kidding me. I've been getting these things for over ten years. The old way with the nurse just sitting there doing it and you go to ex ray and then leave was cool.

Now, the Doctors have figured out how they can get big money for a simple thing. The last one I had used a guide wire and jammed it into my nurve. I have big veins and this was not necessary. He was mad at me for asking him not to stich the thing to my arm because I have a latex alergy and after ten days the ambiotic fluid starts coming out of my skin if the plastic is touching it. This was almost a year ago and my two middle fingers are still tingling as I'm typing this.
I miss the nurses that actually cared how I felt rather than the Dr. that cared more about getting the most money he could and doing it his way or I was going to feel as much pain as he could find for me.
they used to charge my insurance about 180 to put it in, now it's close to 4000. it was one nurse, now it's a dr. a two radioligist and two assistants. oh, of course the ex ray machine and the ultrasound equipment that could be used on someone who actually needs it.

stanntn

stanntn

stanntn

<br />
<br />Now, the Doctors have figured out how they can get big money for a simple thing. The last one I had used a guide wire and jammed it into my nurve. I have big veins and this was not necessary. He was mad at me for asking him not to stich the thing to my arm because I have a latex alergy and after ten days the ambiotic fluid starts coming out of my skin if the plastic is touching it. This was almost a year ago and my two middle fingers are still tingling as I'm typing this.
<br />I miss the nurses that actually cared how I felt rather than the Dr. that cared more about getting the most money he could and doing it his way or I was going to feel as much pain as he could find for me.
<br />sorry, I'm still mad about that.
<br />they used to charge my insurance about 180 to put it in, now it's close to 4000. it was one nurse, now it's a dr. a two radioligist and two assistants. oh, of course the ex ray machine and the ultrasound equipment that could be used on someone who actually needs it.