Whose with somebody and the parents throw insulting comments at you?

JustDucky

I am so glad that you finally sat down and talked to her, but am totally horrified that she said that she was "joking"??? Really? Honestly, that is a cop out on her part, she basically skirted the real issues by saying that. Doesn't sound like she wants to address her hurtful comments at all. As an outsider with the information you give, your BF definitely has his priorities all messed up. To go and buy a truck with $600 a month payments when you guys are still under his mother's roof is totally irresponsible of him, as it was for her to co sign for him when he doesn't have a stable job. She is basically stuck with the payments for the next 6 or 7 years if he doesn't pay them or her credit goes into the toilet. And she has the nerve to say you aren't pulling your weight. I think she is probably kicking herself for doing this and taking it out on you instead of her dear son. He did not need to get something as fancy as you describe for work purposes....he could have gotten a nice used truck (a few years old) for far less. Again, I think he is very comfortable living with his mother and why wouldn't he be? AS long as she pays his bills, why would he want to move out into the cruel, cold world and have to work and pay for them himself? To be honest, I think you would be better off alone, with your dad....at least you wouldn't be caught in the middle of this mess. But in the end, it is your call. Hang in there...and thinking of you, Jenn 40 w/CF

JustDucky

I am so glad that you finally sat down and talked to her, but am totally horrified that she said that she was "joking"??? Really? Honestly, that is a cop out on her part, she basically skirted the real issues by saying that. Doesn't sound like she wants to address her hurtful comments at all. As an outsider with the information you give, your BF definitely has his priorities all messed up. To go and buy a truck with $600 a month payments when you guys are still under his mother's roof is totally irresponsible of him, as it was for her to co sign for him when he doesn't have a stable job. She is basically stuck with the payments for the next 6 or 7 years if he doesn't pay them or her credit goes into the toilet. And she has the nerve to say you aren't pulling your weight. I think she is probably kicking herself for doing this and taking it out on you instead of her dear son. He did not need to get something as fancy as you describe for work purposes....he could have gotten a nice used truck (a few years old) for far less. Again, I think he is very comfortable living with his mother and why wouldn't he be? AS long as she pays his bills, why would he want to move out into the cruel, cold world and have to work and pay for them himself? To be honest, I think you would be better off alone, with your dad....at least you wouldn't be caught in the middle of this mess. But in the end, it is your call. Hang in there...and thinking of you, Jenn 40 w/CF

dbsholes

I believe the best thing you could do for yourself is to get the hell out of that environment. People really do not change significantly and certainly your boyfriend's mother never will.

David Sholes
Bennington Vermont
44; DDF508; diagnosed at 8mos.; CFRD

dbsholes

I believe the best thing you could do for yourself is to get the hell out of that environment. People really do not change significantly and certainly your boyfriend's mother never will.

David Sholes
Bennington Vermont
44; DDF508; diagnosed at 8mos.; CFRD

Andrea2XCFers

You only get one shot at life, so make the most of it! The BF sounds like a LOT of work...emotionally and financially. Seems like it would be better to be a little lonely than put up with all that crap. Get out of there and move on with your life!

Andrea2XCFers

You only get one shot at life, so make the most of it! The BF sounds like a LOT of work...emotionally and financially. Seems like it would be better to be a little lonely than put up with all that crap. Get out of there and move on with your life!

AnnieT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>BikerEd</b></i> Bill that's kinda what I was hinting at,she can be tired and still do the dishes. However, she maybe getting extra flack due to moms feel obligated, and often over protective esp nowadays of their own childern and its easier to pick on the girlfriend that lives there and does nothing, cause she has an "asthma type thing" and before anyone goes nuts, to a large amount of people that's what they think it is esp if they only have ever met ONE or none of us.</end quote>
I completely agree with the 'asthma type thing' comment! I have heard this so many times from different people!
As far as the original, OP she is resenting you because she is supporting both her son and his girlfriend. Make your bed, do some dishes. Be cordial. You are living in her house.

AnnieT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>BikerEd</b></i> Bill that's kinda what I was hinting at,she can be tired and still do the dishes. However, she maybe getting extra flack due to moms feel obligated, and often over protective esp nowadays of their own childern and its easier to pick on the girlfriend that lives there and does nothing, cause she has an "asthma type thing" and before anyone goes nuts, to a large amount of people that's what they think it is esp if they only have ever met ONE or none of us.</end quote>
I completely agree with the 'asthma type thing' comment! I have heard this so many times from different people!
As far as the original, OP she is resenting you because she is supporting both her son and his girlfriend. Make your bed, do some dishes. Be cordial. You are living in her house.

AnnieT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Keepercjr</b></i> One comment - you need to have a talk with your boyfriend! he needs to set some boundaries with his mom including how she speaks to you. </end quote>
I like this too very much, Carly. Can you get your own place I would also suggest some distance. Rereading your post, if she doesn't understand your condition after 3.5 years, it will never change between the two of you.

AnnieT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Keepercjr</b></i> One comment - you need to have a talk with your boyfriend! he needs to set some boundaries with his mom including how she speaks to you. </end quote>
I like this too very much, Carly. Can you get your own place I would also suggest some distance. Rereading your post, if she doesn't understand your condition after 3.5 years, it will never change between the two of you.