why do they treat him like this?

Emily65Roses

Tami Izemmom also has a good point. Some people are just going to be ignorant. Luckily, her family came around.

My family never gave me too much trouble, but the babysitting thing reminded me of something my mother told me years after it had happened. When it was time to go to nursery school, my mom tried every frickin nursery school in the area. The ONLY thing I needed during the day was enzymes before food. <b>That was it.</b> And no one wanted to take me. Not a single one, they were saying "Oh, we don't have any nurses." I don't need a nurse, you twit! Anyways, after calling about half a dozen places, my mom called this one place. Family-owned, and the woman who ran it had a child with... I think it was epilepsy. She took me without a second thought, and I loved it there.

Just thought I'd share that as a sort of warning. While most people will learn to live with it and accept it (especially family and friends -- they tend to be more understanding than strangers), you <i>will</i> run into jackasses as well. *shrug*

Emily65Roses

Tami Izemmom also has a good point. Some people are just going to be ignorant. Luckily, her family came around.

My family never gave me too much trouble, but the babysitting thing reminded me of something my mother told me years after it had happened. When it was time to go to nursery school, my mom tried every frickin nursery school in the area. The ONLY thing I needed during the day was enzymes before food. <b>That was it.</b> And no one wanted to take me. Not a single one, they were saying "Oh, we don't have any nurses." I don't need a nurse, you twit! Anyways, after calling about half a dozen places, my mom called this one place. Family-owned, and the woman who ran it had a child with... I think it was epilepsy. She took me without a second thought, and I loved it there.

Just thought I'd share that as a sort of warning. While most people will learn to live with it and accept it (especially family and friends -- they tend to be more understanding than strangers), you <i>will</i> run into jackasses as well. *shrug*

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

raysmama

thank you everyone I will try the book i have that the doctor gave me and letthem read it and show them somethings in it . and if that don't work well I guess they will have to see for themselves.

raysmama

thank you everyone I will try the book i have that the doctor gave me and letthem read it and show them somethings in it . and if that don't work well I guess they will have to see for themselves.

raysmama

raysmama

raysmama

JORDYSMOM

If they have a computer, send them here! This site can educate a person very quickly. If they see people who are grown and who work, they should see that he can live just as normally as anyone else. Compare it to an elderly person who takes 15 meds a day to stay healthy.

On the other hand, be thankful that at least they acknowledge his disease. So many families are in denial about it. You see posts all the time about relatives not taking CF seriously. At least you have that on your side.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

If they have a computer, send them here! This site can educate a person very quickly. If they see people who are grown and who work, they should see that he can live just as normally as anyone else. Compare it to an elderly person who takes 15 meds a day to stay healthy.

On the other hand, be thankful that at least they acknowledge his disease. So many families are in denial about it. You see posts all the time about relatives not taking CF seriously. At least you have that on your side.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I ran into a mom to a 14 month old wcf this Spring at a CF fundraiser and she was having the same problem. None of her relatives would watch her youngest son, so she and her husband could even go out to a movie -- her parents and inlaws were too afraid they might screw things up -- even though they had everything written down -- just give him enzymes with his bedtime snack -- they refused, but they'd take their 5 year old son without CF.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I ran into a mom to a 14 month old wcf this Spring at a CF fundraiser and she was having the same problem. None of her relatives would watch her youngest son, so she and her husband could even go out to a movie -- her parents and inlaws were too afraid they might screw things up -- even though they had everything written down -- just give him enzymes with his bedtime snack -- they refused, but they'd take their 5 year old son without CF.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member