why do they treat him like this?

mommy2cass

I was going to post about this similar topic last week and I couldn't find the right words. My oldest daughter w/o cf has been doing overnights with family since she was about 6mo. old and Cass has been on overnights before with the family...But sometimes I just feel like it is too much of a hassle to even ask. I have informed the family, they know how to do everything with her treatments but they are still overwhelmed whenever we ask them to watch her. She is only 2 and she doesn't understand this stuff right now. I just want her to be able to do all the things her big sis does! Without feeling different!

mommy2cass

I was going to post about this similar topic last week and I couldn't find the right words. My oldest daughter w/o cf has been doing overnights with family since she was about 6mo. old and Cass has been on overnights before with the family...But sometimes I just feel like it is too much of a hassle to even ask. I have informed the family, they know how to do everything with her treatments but they are still overwhelmed whenever we ask them to watch her. She is only 2 and she doesn't understand this stuff right now. I just want her to be able to do all the things her big sis does! Without feeling different!

mommy2cass

mommy2cass

mommy2cass

JazzysMom

This whole concept saddens me deeply in general about treating kids so differently. Now you throw in CF or another illness where the kid will probably feel "different" at some point just from having the illness and then they get slammed again by FAMILY!

I am sure many of them are scared of doing something wrong and I hope with patience & consistancy on your part that they will get more comfortable. Its a shame because not only is the child losing out, but the adults are on a great kid. I mean, we all know how awesome CFers are LOL!

Hugs...

JazzysMom

This whole concept saddens me deeply in general about treating kids so differently. Now you throw in CF or another illness where the kid will probably feel "different" at some point just from having the illness and then they get slammed again by FAMILY!

I am sure many of them are scared of doing something wrong and I hope with patience & consistancy on your part that they will get more comfortable. Its a shame because not only is the child losing out, but the adults are on a great kid. I mean, we all know how awesome CFers are LOL!

Hugs...

JazzysMom

Hugs...

JazzysMom

Hugs...

JazzysMom

Hugs...

lilismom

My MIL is still freaked out about CF a year and a half after diagnosis. She does not live near us and has not come to visit but when we went down to CA to visit and asked her to watch Lili for a couple of hours she was a nervous wreck about giving her enzymes. Lili even asks for the enzymes and will take them herself. I hoping if she actually takes the time to learn a little more she'll get over it. As it is now she's missing out on seeing her granddaughter grow up. It makes me sad. Luckily all the other grandparents have risen to the occasion and are great.

lilismom

My MIL is still freaked out about CF a year and a half after diagnosis. She does not live near us and has not come to visit but when we went down to CA to visit and asked her to watch Lili for a couple of hours she was a nervous wreck about giving her enzymes. Lili even asks for the enzymes and will take them herself. I hoping if she actually takes the time to learn a little more she'll get over it. As it is now she's missing out on seeing her granddaughter grow up. It makes me sad. Luckily all the other grandparents have risen to the occasion and are great.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

raysmama

thank you all for being so supportive . I really want the most normal life for my son he is such a good boy and never fusses about nothing even having to take his enzymes (which he had to start taking w/apple sauce starting at 3 weeks old so early for a baby to start food but he was so good about it. now he is going to be 4 months old soon and he is just the most greatest kid. I love him so much and i want all of his relatives to love him just the same.

raysmama

thank you all for being so supportive . I really want the most normal life for my son he is such a good boy and never fusses about nothing even having to take his enzymes (which he had to start taking w/apple sauce starting at 3 weeks old so early for a baby to start food but he was so good about it. now he is going to be 4 months old soon and he is just the most greatest kid. I love him so much and i want all of his relatives to love him just the same.

raysmama

raysmama

raysmama