why would a gay guy date a girl?

S

SeeEff

Hey there. not related to CF at all but I need some opinions.
I have a friend (yes, it really is my friend & not me) who is dating a guy.
I really think this guy is gay and alot of the others in our group think so too.
We haven't talked to my friend about it though cuz we think she'd get really mad.

Let me just say I have NO problem with someone being gay. It's fine, I don't care. But I don't like that my friend is really developing feelings for this guy & I believe he is totally lying to her about his feelings. I don't want to see her get hurt.

So why do we think he is gay?:
-He using his hands alot when telling a story. alot of wrist action.
-He borrows HER sweatshirts to wear if he's cold.
-he holds his pinky out when eating a hamburger.
-he lives in an extremely openly gay part of town.
-his ringtone on his cellphone is a song by THE SCISSOR SISTERS.

There are other things too but, he just sends out a gay vibe.
It's so strange to think he is and he is in a relationship with my friend...a girl. And what's weirder is I KNOW they've had sex. I mean what is going on?
Do some gay guys 'experiment' with women before they fully commit to being homosexual? or is he bi?
alright, thanks everyone for your help.

S

SeeEff

I really think this guy is gay and alot of the others in our group think so too.
We haven't talked to my friend about it though cuz we think she'd get really mad.

Let me just say I have NO problem with someone being gay. It's fine, I don't care. But I don't like that my friend is really developing feelings for this guy & I believe he is totally lying to her about his feelings. I don't want to see her get hurt.

It's so strange to think he is and he is in a relationship with my friend...a girl. And what's weirder is I KNOW they've had sex. I mean what is going on?
Do some gay guys 'experiment' with women before they fully commit to being homosexual? or is he bi?

S

SeeEff

S

SeeEff

S

SeeEff

<br />I have a friend (yes, it really is my friend & not me) who is dating a guy.
<br />I really think this guy is gay and alot of the others in our group think so too.
<br />We haven't talked to my friend about it though cuz we think she'd get really mad.
<br />
<br />Let me just say I have NO problem with someone being gay. It's fine, I don't care. But I don't like that my friend is really developing feelings for this guy & I believe he is totally lying to her about his feelings. I don't want to see her get hurt.
<br />
<br />So why do we think he is gay?:
<br />-He using his hands alot when telling a story. alot of wrist action.
<br />-He borrows HER sweatshirts to wear if he's cold.
<br />-he holds his pinky out when eating a hamburger.
<br />-he lives in an extremely openly gay part of town.
<br />-his ringtone on his cellphone is a song by THE SCISSOR SISTERS.
<br />
<br />There are other things too but, he just sends out a gay vibe.
<br />It's so strange to think he is and he is in a relationship with my friend...a girl. And what's weirder is I KNOW they've had sex. I mean what is going on?
<br />Do some gay guys 'experiment' with women before they fully commit to being homosexual? or is he bi?
<br />alright, thanks everyone for your help.
<br />
<br />

JazzysMom

I have a lot of gay friends & most of them have been married & have children from those marriages.

This is something my husband asked them because he was curious/confused. Most of them were afraid to come out about their gayness. Some were afraid of their own feelings as well as what others would think.

Some are bi sexual. If this guy is just unsure or is using your friend as a cover then chances are good she could get hurt. Now given the info you provided its pretty unlikely that he is not gay, but the only one that knows it for sure (even then he might be figuring things out still) is him.

Just be there for your friend!

JazzysMom

I have a lot of gay friends & most of them have been married & have children from those marriages.

This is something my husband asked them because he was curious/confused. Most of them were afraid to come out about their gayness. Some were afraid of their own feelings as well as what others would think.

Some are bi sexual. If this guy is just unsure or is using your friend as a cover then chances are good she could get hurt. Now given the info you provided its pretty unlikely that he is not gay, but the only one that knows it for sure (even then he might be figuring things out still) is him.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />This is something my husband asked them because he was curious/confused. Most of them were afraid to come out about their gayness. Some were afraid of their own feelings as well as what others would think.
<br />
<br />Some are bi sexual. If this guy is just unsure or is using your friend as a cover then chances are good she could get hurt. Now given the info you provided its pretty unlikely that he is not gay, but the only one that knows it for sure (even then he might be figuring things out still) is him.
<br />
<br />
<br />Just be there for your friend!
<br />

OaklandThom

He could be confused. He could be in the closet. He could be bi-sexual. Everyone finds their own way through different channels. There are LOTS of gay guys who had very active straight sexual relationships before they had gay relationships. He'll come out when it feels safe for him to do so.

OaklandThom

He could be confused. He could be in the closet. He could be bi-sexual. Everyone finds their own way through different channels. There are LOTS of gay guys who had very active straight sexual relationships before they had gay relationships. He'll come out when it feels safe for him to do so.

OaklandThom

OaklandThom

OaklandThom

<br />
<br />