Will I always feel resentment??

dlo2977

My 3 year old daughter was diagnosed last summer shortly after the birth of my son (no CF). She is doing really well and is such a special little girl! My question is, will I always feel deep seated resentment when i find out my good friends are pregnant? I always dreamed of having 3-4 kids and I wish more than anything that I could have 1 more, but my husband and I have decided that we don't want to do PGD, so it probably isn't going to happen. I am so happy for all of my friends but a small part of me feels upset and jealous to hear that they are pregnant without a worry in the world. Is this normal?? Will I ever get over those feelings??

Sorry....just had to vent.

dlo2977

My 3 year old daughter was diagnosed last summer shortly after the birth of my son (no CF). She is doing really well and is such a special little girl! My question is, will I always feel deep seated resentment when i find out my good friends are pregnant? I always dreamed of having 3-4 kids and I wish more than anything that I could have 1 more, but my husband and I have decided that we don't want to do PGD, so it probably isn't going to happen. I am so happy for all of my friends but a small part of me feels upset and jealous to hear that they are pregnant without a worry in the world. Is this normal?? Will I ever get over those feelings??

dlo2977

dlo2977

dlo2977

<br />
<br />Sorry....just had to vent.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you will. I too had feelings about the unfairness of it all. Anger, grief, jealousy, annoyance...

Shortly after DS' birth, I could hardly stand to watch Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City because the news was just full of stories about her and her new perfect baby boy. And when I headed to the hospital cafeteria while DS was in the NICU for 4 weeks, I was forever running into a group of couples leaving or arriving for their prenatal classes. I told DH I just wanted to glare at them or punch something because I was so annoyed about their supposed perfect lives and perfect babies. Irrational I know, but I would briefly feel waves anger about the situation. And when I attended baby showers, I had no desire to hold the baby when they passed him or her around. That has since changed. DH's cousin had a little girl last year and we all dote on her.

We'd orginally planned to have two children, but waited until we were older. We struggled with the issue of having more children thru PGD, adoption or having DS remain an only child. We chose the latter.

Oh and one thing that helped was one of our relatives had a colicky, crabby baby. I think of how snuggly DS was and still is, what a happy little baby and little boy was/is and thank GOD I didn't have a screaming squalcker like that one.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you will. I too had feelings about the unfairness of it all. Anger, grief, jealousy, annoyance...

Shortly after DS' birth, I could hardly stand to watch Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City because the news was just full of stories about her and her new perfect baby boy. And when I headed to the hospital cafeteria while DS was in the NICU for 4 weeks, I was forever running into a group of couples leaving or arriving for their prenatal classes. I told DH I just wanted to glare at them or punch something because I was so annoyed about their supposed perfect lives and perfect babies. Irrational I know, but I would briefly feel waves anger about the situation. And when I attended baby showers, I had no desire to hold the baby when they passed him or her around. That has since changed. DH's cousin had a little girl last year and we all dote on her.

We'd orginally planned to have two children, but waited until we were older. We struggled with the issue of having more children thru PGD, adoption or having DS remain an only child. We chose the latter.

Oh and one thing that helped was one of our relatives had a colicky, crabby baby. I think of how snuggly DS was and still is, what a happy little baby and little boy was/is and thank GOD I didn't have a screaming squalcker like that one.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Shortly after DS' birth, I could hardly stand to watch Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City because the news was just full of stories about her and her new perfect baby boy. And when I headed to the hospital cafeteria while DS was in the NICU for 4 weeks, I was forever running into a group of couples leaving or arriving for their prenatal classes. I told DH I just wanted to glare at them or punch something because I was so annoyed about their supposed perfect lives and perfect babies. Irrational I know, but I would briefly feel waves anger about the situation. And when I attended baby showers, I had no desire to hold the baby when they passed him or her around. That has since changed. DH's cousin had a little girl last year and we all dote on her.
<br />
<br />We'd orginally planned to have two children, but waited until we were older. We struggled with the issue of having more children thru PGD, adoption or having DS remain an only child. We chose the latter.
<br />
<br />Oh and one thing that helped was one of our relatives had a colicky, crabby baby. I think of how snuggly DS was and still is, what a happy little baby and little boy was/is and thank GOD I didn't have a screaming squalcker like that one.

kitomd21

Dana, I'm exactly where you are. My son (no CF) is three years old and my daughter (CF) is almost two years old. I envisioned having 3 to 4 kids as well. We recently found out I was pregnant, but suffered a miscarriage at 10 weeks. Neither my husband or myself have chosen to be sterilized due to the permanency of such a decision. We weren't trying to have another child...and we obviously didn't do a sufficient job of preventing another pregnancy. While I was extremely scared and upset with fear, I was so happy to be given the opportunity to have another child. After suffering a miscarriage, my emotions are now all over the place. Prior to becoming pregnant again, I had essentially accepted that we would most likely not have another child.

So - I don't know where we stand at the moment. Becoming pregnant and having a miscarriage has left an even greater emptiness. It's such a personal decision - and not an easy one for most. For me, PGD is out of the question...so here I sit. You have my complete understanding!!

kitomd21

Dana, I'm exactly where you are. My son (no CF) is three years old and my daughter (CF) is almost two years old. I envisioned having 3 to 4 kids as well. We recently found out I was pregnant, but suffered a miscarriage at 10 weeks. Neither my husband or myself have chosen to be sterilized due to the permanency of such a decision. We weren't trying to have another child...and we obviously didn't do a sufficient job of preventing another pregnancy. While I was extremely scared and upset with fear, I was so happy to be given the opportunity to have another child. After suffering a miscarriage, my emotions are now all over the place. Prior to becoming pregnant again, I had essentially accepted that we would most likely not have another child.

So - I don't know where we stand at the moment. Becoming pregnant and having a miscarriage has left an even greater emptiness. It's such a personal decision - and not an easy one for most. For me, PGD is out of the question...so here I sit. You have my complete understanding!!

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

<br />
<br />So - I don't know where we stand at the moment. Becoming pregnant and having a miscarriage has left an even greater emptiness. It's such a personal decision - and not an easy one for most. For me, PGD is out of the question...so here I sit. You have my complete understanding!!

humphrey711

I feel it too. It took four pgs to have my daughter and then we found out she had CF after we tried so hard to avoid it(that is another story in itself). I sometimes look at my friends who can give their kids snacks anywhere they want without having to worry about enzymes and calories and all the other stuff that comes with it and think how lucky they are. On the flip side I feel truly blessed to have my little girl. She is sweet and sassy and the love of my life. When I see her I see Isabelle who happens to have CF.

We just finished a cycle of PGD and had 3 embryos, none of which had CF. We find out if we are PG in a week. If it doesn't work we will not try again and will either have just one or consider adoption. I hate that we can't just have babies but I also think it makes me a better parent and so appreciative of what I do have.

humphrey711

I feel it too. It took four pgs to have my daughter and then we found out she had CF after we tried so hard to avoid it(that is another story in itself). I sometimes look at my friends who can give their kids snacks anywhere they want without having to worry about enzymes and calories and all the other stuff that comes with it and think how lucky they are. On the flip side I feel truly blessed to have my little girl. She is sweet and sassy and the love of my life. When I see her I see Isabelle who happens to have CF.

We just finished a cycle of PGD and had 3 embryos, none of which had CF. We find out if we are PG in a week. If it doesn't work we will not try again and will either have just one or consider adoption. I hate that we can't just have babies but I also think it makes me a better parent and so appreciative of what I do have.

humphrey711

humphrey711

humphrey711

<br />
<br />We just finished a cycle of PGD and had 3 embryos, none of which had CF. We find out if we are PG in a week. If it doesn't work we will not try again and will either have just one or consider adoption. I hate that we can't just have babies but I also think it makes me a better parent and so appreciative of what I do have.