Working moms of CFers

ChristiansMommy

Hi moms!
I was just curious whether or not any moms of CFers work (outside the home) and how it affects home life and CF life? I do work, and I'm really feeling like I should just be at home to take care of Christian. No questions asked, chest physio still gets done 2x a day, but as for making proper meals, that has gone out the window. We are involved with after school sports, piano lessons as well, tyring to be active but I just feel that there is no time in the day for anything else. Not trying to complain, but quitting my job or going down to part time seems like a necessity. I don't want to drop the ball on taking care of my baby...

ChristiansMommy

Hi moms!
I was just curious whether or not any moms of CFers work (outside the home) and how it affects home life and CF life? I do work, and I'm really feeling like I should just be at home to take care of Christian. No questions asked, chest physio still gets done 2x a day, but as for making proper meals, that has gone out the window. We are involved with after school sports, piano lessons as well, tyring to be active but I just feel that there is no time in the day for anything else. Not trying to complain, but quitting my job or going down to part time seems like a necessity. I don't want to drop the ball on taking care of my baby...

ChristiansMommy

Hi moms!

ChristiansMommy

Hi moms!

ChristiansMommy

Hi moms!
<br />I was just curious whether or not any moms of CFers work (outside the home) and how it affects home life and CF life? I do work, and I'm really feeling like I should just be at home to take care of Christian. No questions asked, chest physio still gets done 2x a day, but as for making proper meals, that has gone out the window. We are involved with after school sports, piano lessons as well, tyring to be active but I just feel that there is no time in the day for anything else. Not trying to complain, but quitting my job or going down to part time seems like a necessity. I don't want to drop the ball on taking care of my baby...

LouLou

If you are able to stay home it is by far the best thing for your child and family. IMO if you had a child with cf or not but definitely with cf. As an adult with cf and with child w cf I can say from many perspectives it is advantageous. Also since becoming a member here in '06 I've read many an adult write that they were so thankful that their parent (mom usually) stayed home to give them the best care possible. This is not meant to be judgemental of those that work but if it possible both financially and emotionally it's a no brainer.

LouLou

If you are able to stay home it is by far the best thing for your child and family. IMO if you had a child with cf or not but definitely with cf. As an adult with cf and with child w cf I can say from many perspectives it is advantageous. Also since becoming a member here in '06 I've read many an adult write that they were so thankful that their parent (mom usually) stayed home to give them the best care possible. This is not meant to be judgemental of those that work but if it possible both financially and emotionally it's a no brainer.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

izemmom

You'll get as many different opinions on this as you get commenters...and not one will be "right." You'll find what is right for YOU, eventually.

That being said, I do work. I teach second grade. My husband and I are actively involved in a theater group, my oldest daughter does piano lessons, dance class, swim lessons, has school activities, goes on playdates...and her little sister is about to embark on some of this, too.

I am very involved in fundraising for CF. I do a TON of extra stuff at my school...

Life is busy. Very busy.

As far as meals go, we plan a menu for the week on Saturday morning, taking the weeks schedule into consideration. We shop on Sat or Sunday, and stick tothe menu. Whoever gets home first starts the meal.

My house is clean...but does get cluttered. An hour or two on the weekend gets it back in shape. I try to spend half an hour every night after the girls are in bed doing the other cleaning so there's only laundry on the weekend. (This sounds better than it works in reality...)

Emily gets all of her needed pt (2 -3 times a day) all of her meds. She gets GREAT care from her daycare/preschool teachers. They have been a part of our family since before she was born and we have excellent communication.

She is in pretty good health right now. Just some sinus issues that we are working to figure out. I don't think, and neither do our doctors that her health would be significantly different if I (or my husband) stayed at home.

I feel like we are in a great balance right now. Yes, it's busy and I have the daily stresses that come with being a busy parent to busy kids. But, we have what we need and there's room for more, if opportunities arise. CF just fits in to our lives, and when it starts to take over, we move our lives around to accomodate it.

I hope you can find a balance that works for you. Good luck!

izemmom

You'll get as many different opinions on this as you get commenters...and not one will be "right." You'll find what is right for YOU, eventually.

That being said, I do work. I teach second grade. My husband and I are actively involved in a theater group, my oldest daughter does piano lessons, dance class, swim lessons, has school activities, goes on playdates...and her little sister is about to embark on some of this, too.

I am very involved in fundraising for CF. I do a TON of extra stuff at my school...

Life is busy. Very busy.

As far as meals go, we plan a menu for the week on Saturday morning, taking the weeks schedule into consideration. We shop on Sat or Sunday, and stick tothe menu. Whoever gets home first starts the meal.

My house is clean...but does get cluttered. An hour or two on the weekend gets it back in shape. I try to spend half an hour every night after the girls are in bed doing the other cleaning so there's only laundry on the weekend. (This sounds better than it works in reality...)

Emily gets all of her needed pt (2 -3 times a day) all of her meds. She gets GREAT care from her daycare/preschool teachers. They have been a part of our family since before she was born and we have excellent communication.

She is in pretty good health right now. Just some sinus issues that we are working to figure out. I don't think, and neither do our doctors that her health would be significantly different if I (or my husband) stayed at home.

I feel like we are in a great balance right now. Yes, it's busy and I have the daily stresses that come with being a busy parent to busy kids. But, we have what we need and there's room for more, if opportunities arise. CF just fits in to our lives, and when it starts to take over, we move our lives around to accomodate it.

izemmom

Life is busy. Very busy.

izemmom

Life is busy. Very busy.

izemmom

<br />
<br />That being said, I do work. I teach second grade. My husband and I are actively involved in a theater group, my oldest daughter does piano lessons, dance class, swim lessons, has school activities, goes on playdates...and her little sister is about to embark on some of this, too.
<br />
<br />I am very involved in fundraising for CF. I do a TON of extra stuff at my school...
<br />
<br />Life is busy. Very busy.
<br />
<br />As far as meals go, we plan a menu for the week on Saturday morning, taking the weeks schedule into consideration. We shop on Sat or Sunday, and stick tothe menu. Whoever gets home first starts the meal.
<br />
<br />My house is clean...but does get cluttered. An hour or two on the weekend gets it back in shape. I try to spend half an hour every night after the girls are in bed doing the other cleaning so there's only laundry on the weekend. (This sounds better than it works in reality...)
<br />
<br />Emily gets all of her needed pt (2 -3 times a day) all of her meds. She gets GREAT care from her daycare/preschool teachers. They have been a part of our family since before she was born and we have excellent communication.
<br />
<br />She is in pretty good health right now. Just some sinus issues that we are working to figure out. I don't think, and neither do our doctors that her health would be significantly different if I (or my husband) stayed at home.
<br />
<br />I feel like we are in a great balance right now. Yes, it's busy and I have the daily stresses that come with being a busy parent to busy kids. But, we have what we need and there's room for more, if opportunities arise. CF just fits in to our lives, and when it starts to take over, we move our lives around to accomodate it.
<br />
<br />I hope you can find a balance that works for you. Good luck!

C

Cherylwithone

I work full time. Iam a single mom no dad in the picture. Daughter has CF. I take off of work for all doctors appointments and any other time needed ralated to cf. I have a great boss who understands what CF is all about. Yes, I am blessed to have a boss like this. Since my daughter is a teenager and in high school she has taken over some of her care. She won't sort pills because of the number of different meds that she is on. (18 meds) Otherwise she does the rest. She is trying to make sure that she has the control and not the cf having control.
I think for every mom it is different. It also depends on the child.

C

Cherylwithone

I work full time. Iam a single mom no dad in the picture. Daughter has CF. I take off of work for all doctors appointments and any other time needed ralated to cf. I have a great boss who understands what CF is all about. Yes, I am blessed to have a boss like this. Since my daughter is a teenager and in high school she has taken over some of her care. She won't sort pills because of the number of different meds that she is on. (18 meds) Otherwise she does the rest. She is trying to make sure that she has the control and not the cf having control.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />I think for every mom it is different. It also depends on the child.