Search results

1. P

Anyone Live in or Near Lafayette, LA? Considering Relocating!

Considering relocating to Lafayette, LA and wondering about life for CFer's in the area. I think that there is a CFF chapter in Baton Rouge and the center is in Sherveport? Does anyone know? Does anyone know any of the docs here? Any recommendations? We are considering going to the adult...
  2. P

Nathan's Bronch and Admission

Yikes, this was a tough one. He woke up coughing his head off and vomitting, never done that before with a bronch. Not sure what to make out of what the doctor said about it yet though. We usually get a "his lungs look better than a kid his age with CF" this time we got "his lungs look...
  3. P

Nathan Updated

Hi all, I missed everyone in Chat agian tonight, so I thought I would post an update on the kiddo (don't tell him I called him a kiddo, I will be in Major big trouble). So, he lost over 5 lbs. so once again we are going the wrong way with his weight. Since he has had a cough for over 2 months...
  4. P

FLU - Should I or Shouldn't I?

Ok, I see lots of concern and I have been debating myself all day long on whether or not I should or shouldn't call Nathan's doctor to find out if I should be keeping him out of school until this passes. Do any of you know what the CF Centers are recommending? Is that just being way over...
  5. P

A poem written by Nathans Brother

My Dying Brother So... I just wanted to let you know a couple of things about me, my brother and our lives so that you can understand this multi-genre project more easily. First off, my brother has cystic fibrosis (you probably can't pronounce it, so I'll just refer to it as C.F from now on)...
  6. P

Nathan Updated 2/23

Well, Nathan is being admitted this morning to TCH. We thought he had a virus or strep throat but the cough is so bad and the temp is really hard to control. Plus according to his PIKO his FEV1 is at 62%, all new low for him. I know, he had an all new low last time to but it was only in the...
  7. P

We were admitted - Updated

Hi All, Thanks to all you that have been praying for Nathan! He was admitted yesterday, 12/5. They had given his bed away in the Clinical Research Centere (CRC), where the CF kids tend to go and prefer to go, so we are on the 8th floor. That was a trauma filled event! He was so mad and...
  8. P

Nathan is going in soon

Well, we went to our appointment today and it is time for the tune-up. We were able to do some negotiating with the doctor though. The plan is to head into lockup next week, the 9th, if they can get him in the Clinical Research Center since I would have to leave him a couple of times to finish...
  9. P

Nathan Update Wednesday 7-30

Well, we have made some progress but are still no where near where we should be and this morning has brought a lot of drama already! It all started when Nathan went to the bathroom and decided to fill the toilet with blood, as if he had control over it. First, i paniced and over-reacted, and...
  10. P

Updates on Nathan

Hi All I think that I already posted that they added a 3rd IV antibiotic to the regime. They added Vancomyacin, which is typically used for MRSA. Though Nathan has not grown MRSA before, they are suspicious that he may have it anyways. The concern is the fever 24/7 for over a week, the...
  11. P

Nathan Admitted (Updated 8:50 pm)

Hi Guys, Ok, the run down is that his O2 levels did not go back up and actually went down a tad more and the O2 had to be increased. They really expected the O2 levels to go back up this morning and when they weren't up by this afternoon, they decided it was time to admit him. We will be...
  12. P

CFRD Insulin Pump or Not; HELP

After having CFRD for 3 years, we are now talking about a insulin pump for Nathan. He was not to excited about it as he had some friends with one and did not like the idea of the tubing and thing like a pager being worn all the time. However, they now have one that has no tubing and the pager...
  13. P

Vest and IPV Machines

Yeah!! and PRAISE THE LORD! We got our IPV machine approved by Kaiser finally! Thought I would share some good news for a change and let those who are trying to get insurance to approve equipment for the kidos know that persistance pays off! That and pointing out that if they do not approve...
  14. P

Trust your instincts

Hi all, Once again I am writing to let those of you who encouraged me to follow my instincts know, that I was right! Thank you for the encouragement. We had gone for well over a year and had to have a tune-up every 3-4 months with no explanations. They could not really find anything wrong...
  15. P

Finally some Answers!

Hi Everyone, It has been about 5 months since writing my first mail about something being wrong but nothing growing in my sons cultures. It took almost two years now, but this tune-up finally brought some answers. I was told that I had had our primary pulmonary doctors attention, but I...
  16. P

Unidentified Bacteria

HI, My son is 13 years old with CF. Overall he is doing really well or at least that is what his doctor is trying to convince us of. He has been doing a lot of tune-ups the last 2 years with little to no improvements or if he does improve, as soon as we stop the IV's, he goes right back to...