Search results

1. A

Speak Out for Sarah Murnaghan

I guess I just don't understand. It seems like common sense to me that we who suffer from cystic fibrosis should be very bothered by the fact that someone would have to go through the head of Health and Human Services and a judge so their kid doesn't die because they're 10 instead of 12 and just...
  2. A

Obviously this girl's doctor's thought she was an acceptable candidate for adult lungs it's just her age that caused the issue and a technicality like that shouldn't decide if a person lives or dies. It's just an example that one size rules do not fit all. And what's even more concerning is the...
  3. A

Well, we are getting a good first glimpse of Obamacare. Kathleen Sebelius could waive the age rule for this girl but she has decided not to. The fact that one person has that much power over someone's life is horrifying...
  4. A

Tobi

Maybe I'm just late to the party cause I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet!!! I nearly fail out of my chair. LOL http://www.cff.org/aboutCFFoundation/NewsEvents/3-25-FDA-Approves-TOBI-Powder-Form.cfm I hope I can try it.
  5. A

Does people with CF process fats differently?

I don't think enzymes are a perfect solution I mean based on what people here have written, it's like they help some people better than they help others. I think I understand what you said but it just reads funny to me. You said: "I knew that I didn't process fat differently if I don't take...
  6. A

CF mentioned on NCAA Basketball tourney broadcast

Degrassi didn't have a character with CF they just mentioned it. I think one of the characters new someone with a brother who had it or something like that. It was a year or so ago.
  7. A

CF mentioned on NCAA Basketball tourney broadcast

I agree that it needs more awareness but lately it has been popping up more, especially on TV shows. I can name a few TV shows within the past few years where it's gotten a mention or had a character with the disease. A Canadian show called Degrassi, a show on TNT called Falling Skies and most...
  8. A

Source CF Softgels

Thanks for the info Bill. Much appreciated.
  9. A

Source CF Softgels

Has anyone heard anything about source cf. Have they stopped making them or what?
  10. A

Don't know what to do

don't forget the "amen"
  11. A

The Walking Dead

Oh yeah!! I'm still watching. The reason this show works and has attracted such a wide audience is because it's not about the dead, it's about the living. The title doesn't refer to the walkers.
  12. A

Difference between VX-661/VX-770 and VX-809/VX-770 study

I don't know the technical differences between 661 and 809 but they must be different somehow. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they do some early trials with 661 and it wasn't as good as they thought it would be, then they did another trial with 809 combined with 770 and those seemed to work...
  13. A

New eRapid - LOVE IT

I was curious so I looked it up, it looks just like the eflow, even says "eflow technology" on it. The eflow has been available for years, I guess they just keep changing the name.
  14. A

How do you do "normal?"

I don't know your full situation and everyone is so different but if your kid is having stomach issues everyday I'd talk to the doc about enzyme dosage. That right there seems to be the time sucker for you.
  15. A

Kalyedeco and or VX-770/809 experiences- Please share

It seems like there aren't many people posting updates on their experiences with this drug. I hope its just because there aren't that many people on here who are taking it and not because it wasn't all it's cracked up to be.
  16. A

Top TEN MUTATIONS ON OUR SITE

Cool, big difference between 508 and G551D.
  17. A

Blocked Plumbing and Funny Stories......

Yep, I've managed to clog quite a few toilets in my day. LOL Glad to know it's not just me.
  18. A

Interesting info for cf females

I had heard that a year or so ago, it was some study done in Ireland. http://www.rcsi.ie/index.jsp?n=110&p=100&a=2179
  19. A

What Do You Do When You Forget Enzymes?

Man, I'd love to know about this too. I have wondered if there's anything that can be done to help during those times of absolute misery.
  20. A

Source CF Softgels

Yeah, they've started a new online store and for now it says you have to call to order them. https://store.aptalispharma.com/home.php