Search results

1. M

Anyone on here with lung AND then Kidney tx?

Please share if you have any experience w this.
  2. M

SSDI does anyone know Julie Raysbrook? from the dafcf?

I was trying to ask her a few questions about Social Security but she has not replied to my emails for help. is her foundation still running?
  3. M

Do YOU feel guilty for being sick?

Just wondering if any one of YOU people (me included) feel guilty for being sick all the time? Like everyone else is supposed 'automatically' be understanding and bend over backwards to accomodate YOU. How many other people's lives have to revolve around US? OUR appts? OUR hospitalizations? OUR...
  4. M

Life insurance?

Is it possible for a cf patient to obtain life insurance by buying it from a company (vs through an employer)?
  5. M

Nissen fundoplication

Has anyone here had this procedure? do you feel any weird stomach sensations since surgery?
  6. M

Enzyme intake -- how many do you take with meals?

There are supposed to be limits with the amount of enzymes you take with meals. However, i found that the only amount that works for me without stomachaches is 8 Creon 24k with meals. How many Creon do you take with meals? Your age? i think as we age, we need more enzymes but there is no true...
  7. M

Great Quote--failure is a valuable lesson

“You might never fail on the scale I did, but some failurein life is inevitable. Failure gave me an inner security that I had neverattained by passing examinations. Failure taught me things about myselfthat I could have learned no other way. I discovered that I had a strongwill, and more...
  8. M

sinus issues post tx

Has anyone else had sinus issues post - tx? i have never had sinus problems but its been about 1.5 years after tx and i have constant bloody/dry nose. its like the humidifier in my nose broke or something. I am constantly blowing out dry, bloody scabs in my nose. no sinus pressure or pain...
  9. M

where to donate vest

does anyone know where a vest can be donated? I would like to get a tax deduction so it would have to be an entity that can give me a receipt. unless you need it badly and can pay the shipping from east coast.
  10. M

cfrd/i-port

Has anyone tried the i-port? Its for insulin injections. I was wondering how it worked if anyone has tried it. For some reason i can't stand the thought of an insulin pump so i do 4 shots per day but i keep getting bruised legs. with summer approaching, i thought this may be easier to use...
  11. M

prednisone

do you mind sharing what post-transplant dosage you are currently on? thx
  12. M

kidneys and water

Have any doctors or research shown that drinking more water helps prevent kidney disease after transplant?
  13. M

pregnancy after tx

Has anyone on here gotten pregnant after a tx? I know people have, just wondering if any of them are on this forum.
  14. M

Were u on soc sec before transplant?

Were u on soc sec disability before transplant and if so, When where you cut off from benefits after transplant? How did they find out u got a tx? Thx!
  15. M

new disability law determining soc sec benefits

Does anyone know when soc sec was going to make the proposed changes for determining soc sec benefits?
  16. M

new lungs

I haven't been here for a while but I wanted to share I got new lungs on jan 4! I highly encourage anyone who has low lung function to be evaluated if you even consider transplant as an option. I had no idea it was time. I went in the hosp thinking it was a reg iv treatment but I went downhill...
  17. M

transplant and ssdi

Have you had a transplant, and if so did you receive ssdi before the tx? Are you still getting ssdi? If not, when did it stop?
  18. M

pain and muscle aches after tx---I got new lungs Jan 4!

A little background: I was evaluated about 2.5 years ago on my own request because I wanted to be prepared for when the time came. at the end of Nov 2012 I was having some pain in my chest, and thought I was being admitted for a regular IV treatment. I went downhill fast. In two weeks they...
  19. M

stockpiling for civil unrest?

is anyone actively stockpiling medications in preparations for civil unrest that media has been reporting will occur? have you prepared by purchasing generators, canned goods, supplies? i am wondering if this is truly something that mainstream America is preparing for? Do you believe it when...
  20. M

Pregnancy and Kalydeco

anyone attempting to get pregnant on Kalydeco? have they told you NOT to get pregnant on Kalydeco?